test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

any1 else getting DCs on the 2nd new mission?

scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
So yesterday I palyed and got DCs 3 times during the 2nd new mission in the disco arc

making me start over from the same chechpoint again and again...until is alt+F4

I thought ok patch day....

tried again today... skadosh DC during shooting down on klingons SRSLY?

I cna play everyth else stable no lag loading fast did soem TFOs

tried the mission again.... and AGAIN DC b4 next checkpont WAAAAAARGH!

any1 else?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• Options
    sarah2774sarah2774 Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    The DC is part of the mission. Expect to DC 2 to 3 times. Happened to me the 2 times i played the mission.
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline/#/discussion/1248908/impossibility-of-reason-upon-ctd-and-restart-points
    The developers are aware of the situation.
    OPv9m3F.jpg
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    I was also disconnected twice during this mission, quite annoying.

No other connection or performance issues for me.. it was exclusively this mission. It's the same thing that used to happen in the Breen Missions back in the day.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    thx 4 info... yeah well no wayy to complete then....

shame

edit: i saw the topic and sicne it said CTD which means CrashToDesktop i didnt even click on it bc i "only" have DCs

then this guy talks about DCs isntead of CTDs ....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    unclegoldieunclegoldie Member Posts: 263 Arc User
    I had it happen once during the mission. I think it was mentioned in another post somewhere that the devs are looking into it, but I can't remember where it was.
    Epohh Vindaloo and beer milkshakes for everyone
    jH7LGEi.jpg
  • Options
    alexanderb#7559 alexanderb Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    Got 2 DCs with the second missions, seeing this, it looks like it's really a problem in the mission itself. When I was doing it, I thought the servers were in bad shape again, but that doesn't seem to be the case.
  • Options
    timo#4830 timo Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same issue. I keep getting a crash notice from Cryptic. I finally got past the crash with the Klingon battles in the first episode with a respond that happened after the battle was won. Now I can't get to the geothermal event to get the second shuttle part.

I have reported it, but they have no idea what the issue is.
  • Options
    thegateexplorer#8515 thegateexplorer Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I’ve gotten the crash to desktop until I turned off lighting 2.0 on 2nd Rise of Discovery episode. After I turned off lighting 2.0 I was able to play whole episode.

So in the short version LIGHTING 2.0 is what is causing the crash to desktop.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Just did it on my KDF char so it's not impossible to complete but I did get a DC when I did it first time on my Federation character, no crashes though.