test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Just to be clear - no way to earn T6 coupons till next featured que event?

tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
thought this was daily each day till fall 2019.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,819 Community Moderator
    No, it's only during the Featured TFO events. We have 2 more to go.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    as the cupon count is not showing at present. Where did the ones we earned go and why is its viewing removed?
    To be or not to be: B)
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,643 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    as the cupon count is not showing at present. Where did the ones we earned go and why is its viewing removed?

Nothing was lost.

https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1248800/where-are-the-saved-tokens-points-for-the-free-t6-ship#latest

• razar2380razar2380 Member Posts: 1,187 Arc User

Nothing was lost.

https://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1248800/where-are-the-saved-tokens-points-for-the-free-t6-ship#latest

I never was able to find where the counter was at. I tried to look for it a few times. But after a while I just lost interest in finding it. It's like the endeavor system. I know it's there, and I know that sometimes I might finish part of it. But I don't bother wasting time focusing on it. I just hop in to do my TFO, then log off usually.

Razar.
    Leader of Elite Guardian Academy.Would you like to learn how to run a fleet? Would you like to know how to do ship builds (true budget as well as high end)?The join the Academy today!
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,916 Arc User
    When it comes back, just go to your Event tab on your reputation screen, it will be at the bottom left, underneath the rep tabs.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • mathwanusmathwanus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    How many more days will there be when they come back? Since I missed I-don't-know-how-many days, will it even be possible to accumulate enough to get a ship?
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    mathwanus wrote: »
    How many more days will there be when they come back? Since I missed I-don't-know-how-many days, will it even be possible to accumulate enough to get a ship?

Yes.

Someone did a math breakdown in another thread, and estimated double point weekends based on the pattern that was established in the first run. Long story short, you can still get the T6 ship even if you did next to none of the Riposte event.

Obviously, if you skipped Riposte entirely, it means you're going to have to hit close to every day of the next 2 queues, but it's definitely possible.
    Insert witty signature line here.
    There might also be TFOs after the first 3 that award T6 progress, but that's just a guess.
  • madhatch1971madhatch1971 Member Posts: 196 Arc User
    Do we have an idea of when the next feature TFO will be?
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,819 Community Moderator
    There might also be TFOs after the first 3 that award T6 progress, but that's just a guess.

Actually, no, there are no plans at this time to continue the T6 coupon offer past the 3rd FTFO. This whole idea is a test, and no guarantee that it will continue or ever be done again, so participate while you can.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch

Actually, no, there are no plans at this time to continue the T6 coupon offer past the 3rd FTFO. This whole idea is a test, and no guarantee that it will continue or ever be done again, so participate while you can.

I certainly wouldn't count on a continuation or a re-run, and I agree that anyone who can should finish during the 3 announced TFOs.

But if the test is successful at increasing player login time and event participation then either a continuation for players who joined after the first TFO, or a re-run for even newer players is plausible even if there are currently no plans for it.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    It may end up like that Featured Episode Rerun Event that awarded 15 Lobi a day for 30 days to an Account for the first Featured Episode run of a day. Never more to be seen.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    Someone did a math breakdown in another thread, and estimated double point weekends based on the pattern that was established in the first run. Long story short, you can still get the T6 ship even if you did next to none of the Riposte event.

Obviously, if you skipped Riposte entirely, it means you're going to have to hit close to every day of the next 2 queues, but it's definitely possible.

In short: assuming a daily run and two bonus weekends per event you'll get 2700-2900, depending on whether or not you can make it 5 bonus days or only 4. So if you're at 300+ you'll be fine. There is of course also the possibility to get 500 coupon buyouts at 1000 zen, but whether it's worth spending 2000 zen on a 3000 ship, possible breaking a pack, should be decided by the players themselves.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
    xyquarze wrote: »
    In short: assuming a daily run and two bonus weekends per event you'll get 2700-2900, depending on whether or not you can make it 5 bonus days or only 4. So if you're at 300+ you'll be fine. There is of course also the possibility to get 500 coupon buyouts at 1000 zen, but whether it's worth spending 2000 zen on a 3000 ship, possible breaking a pack, should be decided by the players themselves.

My run through Riposte, which I managed to do every day it was on (actually, due to the vagaries of time-zones, I managed to do it 22 times), gave me 1,600 points - no buyout used. I noticed in the thread where people discussed what they had managed to achieve this seemed to be about mid-average, some higher, some lower. A second featured TFO, with two bonus weekends would allow many people to gain the token during that run. If they include another option for the 500 token buyout, then it's a no-brainer that many people will actually get the token/ship during that run.

Personally, I was surprised there was a second bonus weekend, especially as I thought the aim was to get people to gain the token around Q3 of 2019. Those that have taken this opportunity up have made the best of what they can so far, and I think the whole idea is fantastic. But, I think it needs a little tweaking if it's going to be done every year.

I have a few questions regarding all of this, and having done a quick hunt round I can't find them (I may have missed something in the dev videos);

so here goes;

1/ Once we gain the token, does it have to be used straight away, if not is there an expiry date on it?

2/ Are there dates for when the featured TFO's will be running, or is that something that will only be announced just before each one is run? (No criticism intended here, I can see the benefit of doing it that way). With summer hot on our heels, some of us are look at downtime with holidays, so don't want to miss out if it can be avoided.

Lastly, and it has to be said; thank you Cryptic for doing this. This is an amazing and wonderful give away.
    People ask how long have I been playing STO - well the answer is simple: I have been here since the beginning. I just haven't always had a lot to say.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,572 Arc User
    The C-Store TFO Commendation Package has been on sale for 800 Zen when it comes out for an Event. That has 10 Commendation Vouchers, 500 T6 Coupons, and an Ultimate Tech Upgrade.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
    xyquarze wrote: »

My run through Riposte, which I managed to do every day it was on (actually, due to the vagaries of time-zones, I managed to do it 22 times), gave me 1,600 points - no buyout used. I noticed in the thread where people discussed what they had managed to achieve this seemed to be about mid-average, some higher, some lower. A second featured TFO, with two bonus weekends would allow many people to gain the token during that run. If they include another option for the 500 token buyout, then it's a no-brainer that many people will actually get the token/ship during that run.

Personally, I was surprised there was a second bonus weekend, especially as I thought the aim was to get people to gain the token around Q3 of 2019. Those that have taken this opportunity up have made the best of what they can so far, and I think the whole idea is fantastic. But, I think it needs a little tweaking if it's going to be done every year.

I have a few questions regarding all of this, and having done a quick hunt round I can't find them (I may have missed something in the dev videos);

so here goes;

1/ Once we gain the token, does it have to be used straight away, if not is there an expiry date on it?

2/ Are there dates for when the featured TFO's will be running, or is that something that will only be announced just before each one is run? (No criticism intended here, I can see the benefit of doing it that way). With summer hot on our heels, some of us are look at downtime with holidays, so don't want to miss out if it can be avoided.

Lastly, and it has to be said; thank you Cryptic for doing this. This is an amazing and wonderful give away.

BMR has said the coupon does not expire. You can use it at any time after you get it.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,117 Arc User
    My run through Riposte, which I managed to do every day it was on (actually, due to the vagaries of time-zones, I managed to do it 22 times), gave me 1,600 points - no buyout used.

Yeah, there goes my ability to do simple arithmetic. 1050 for the 21 standard runs plus 2*5 bonus days amounts to 1550, which doubled is 3100, not 2900 ...
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    I did it every day and 5 days on both weekends. The total is 1650. The 20 hour guys are cra.

with one bonus weekend next time it will be 2950 - haha.
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

echatty wrote: »
    BMR has said the coupon does not expire. You can use it at any time after you get it.

Thank you :-) That's very good news.

I did it every day and 5 days on both weekends. The total is 1650. The 20 hour guys are cra.

with one bonus weekend next time it will be 2950 - haha.

As I said, it was the vagaries of time zones that allowed me to do the TFO every day it was on - which allowed me to do it 22 times, lol. Yes, that was once a day every day it was on. 12 days @ 50 = 600. 10 bonus days @ 100 = 1,000. So 1,600 for me. I know others managed more, some managed less.

I think the peeps that went all out and did it every 20 hours are dedicated and deserving of respect :-) No way I would be willing to get up at 2am to do a TFO, then be back on at 10pm the same day to it (which you would have to do, sticking to the every 20 hours rule at some point). I like to sleep too much, lol. But more power to those that have. This is an awesome offer!

Personally I'm not a fan of the buy out option that gives you 500 tokens towards the total. Kind of takes away from the point of working for it - BUT, I understand the Devs have to cover all the bases with it put that option out there.

Looking forward to the next featured TFO. I wonder if that will include the new DSC marks? Tomorrow (14 May) is going to be a massive day for STO with the in game changes.

Can't wait!

edited May 2019
    You're welcome.

The only way I would be up at 2am to play a TFO Event is if I wake up and can't go back to sleep. Which has happened a few times the older I get. I've also stayed up all night with insomnia sometimes when the husband spends time out of town on a job.

No, I can't go with him. I'm the designated grandbaby watcher and taxi for two other grandkids who need rides home from school. The parents don't trust the school bus and I don't blame them so I'm happy to pick them up.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    You're welcome.

The only way I would be up at 2am to play a TFO Event is if I wake up and can't go back to sleep. Which has happened a few times the older I get. I've also stayed up all night with insomnia sometimes when the husband spends time out of town on a job.

No, I can't go with him. I'm the designated grandbaby watcher and taxi for two other grandkids who need rides home from school. The parents don't trust the school bus and I don't blame them so I'm happy to pick them up.

I know the feeling, either I'm awake at 2am because I can't sleep, or I'm dead to the world from exhaustion. Mu hubby works away from home too. I have to admit, on those nights I don't sleep so I could do a TFO at that time. But I'd pretty bad at it because of being tired, so I tend to binge watch something off Netflix.
  • warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I wouldn't wake up to play STO at night even if I could. What would be the point? The events always have only the one reward and there is always plenty of spare time to get it without any extra effort.
    You're welcome.

I know the feeling, either I'm awake at 2am because I can't sleep, or I'm dead to the world from exhaustion. Mu hubby works away from home too. I have to admit, on those nights I don't sleep so I could do a TFO at that time. But I'd pretty bad at it because of being tired, so I tend to binge watch something off Netflix.

The husband is the binge watcher around here. My son gave him a Roku to go with his Direct Tv. I don't watch tv much, but he loves it and watches all the old shows we used to watch when they were first run.

That said, if I'm up at 2am I'm playing on my computer, using earphones so I don't wake him. That includes sometimes playing around on STO, even if it's nothing more than the fish barrels of DSEs.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
This discussion has been closed.