test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

pathfinder vs scryer - scitorp

telbasta7386telbasta7386 Member Posts: 761 Arc User
My sci torp character has been running a pathfinder long range science ship for a while now, and while i love the Voyager interior and aesthetic/nostalgic value of the ship, i recently picked up the scryer for its mastery trait and kinda like how it flies, and it also has a console with more exotic damage boost on it which is always nice.

Now im torn between the two and cant decide which ship to continue with for the character. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    odinforever20000odinforever20000 Member Posts: 1,849 Arc User
    Which one do you like the look of or how they handle?

The_Science_Channel_Signature_Gen_2_-_Jacobs_xSmall.png

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    I like the intrepid style just because im a Voyager fan, and the interior fits it. It also has an extra lt universal slot over the scryer, which i was using to run another copy of torpedo spread.

The scryer handles better and gets cloaking and 7.5% more exotic damage, though. It loses that lt universal slot but has a lt commander engineer slot which could be used for reverse shield polarity or aux 2 sif / aux 2 dampeners / epte.
  • Options
    I like the intrepid style just because im a Voyager fan, and the interior fits it. It also has an extra lt universal slot over the scryer, which i was using to run another copy of torpedo spread.

The scryer handles better and gets cloaking and 7.5% more exotic damage, though. It loses that lt universal slot but has a lt commander engineer slot which could be used for reverse shield polarity or aux 2 sif / aux 2 dampeners / epte.

Y not an engineering Radiation Boffs like Endothermic 3 Structural 3 or Aceton Beam 1? All of those scale on EPG for roughly the same damage.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    Mostly because they're single target, and nearly every space encounter in this game requires (or at least heavily favors) aoe.
  • Options
    edited April 2019
    Mostly because they're single target, and nearly every space encounter in this game requires (or at least heavily favors) aoe.

Sure but your considering putting heals/Non damaging abilities in those places instead for the LTC Eng..This would at least be more dps (even on a single target).

The game may favor AOE sometimes but I make sure I have a few single target abilities available..Be that Iso Cannon or Quantum Destabilizing beam for stuff like borg cubes or generators.

Nice part about single target mixed with Aoe..is you can focus on one target..have its warp core go and then have that damage added to the next few ships in a gravity sometimes this sets off a chain reaction.

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    The way i always saw it, if im dead i do zero dps, so survivability indirectly translates to damage.
  • Options
    The way i always saw it, if im dead i do zero dps, so survivability indirectly translates to damage.

Yes but if you focus to much on survivability..you loose out on damage potential.

If your having problems "surviving"..you might want to look at your build..I run at most 2 heals in Adv PVE..Hazards and Aux2Sif (for Rez, particle focusers damage buff and placate doff)..Resting resistances is around 40% without armor consoles due to Aux to defense (teir 2 Nukara Rep) and Oblique shielding(Exchange)..Honored Dead Space trait (exchange) would be another trait to have to lock that surviviability down.

I cant say I run (but I do have) the Pathfinder and Scryer. Never liked the looks of either. Fought people in Scryers. I never felt they were particularly flimsy..Some of the Passives they have are kinda neat and the Intel Suite is kinda fun for removing Tac/Sci/Eng buffs. I did have Fleet variant set up as a single target debuffer but couldn't get around the uh.."Flying Doughnut" Look..

Keep trying tho. I haven't met a sci ship that couldn't do 100k with my crappy piloting in ISA (Even with a Dyson Sci Destroyer).

Rouge Sto Wiki Editor.

• Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited May 2019
    I have a friend who loves the Scryer donut shape. She says to have the labs separate from the rest is actually sensible in case of an accident. I happen to agree. It's also one of the few C-Store ships I've bought.

That's what she tells me.

My own tastes run to the eclectic anyway, so I always tend to like the offbeat ships. Even considering getting the flying pizza cutter, AKA the Nautilus Temporal Science Vessel with my coupon I'm building up.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D