What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Disappointed with TOS Development - Rant/Feedback/Suggestion thread

2»

Comments

• Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,106 Arc User
    Cryptic made the same poor decision with the Discovery era content booting that new faction character into the 2409/2410 era, which was utterly unnecessary. That faction should have remained in its own era, until the whole storyline ran its course. Frankly I fail to understand why Daniels "Temporal Observatory" could not simple be a MacGuffin that allowed such toons to travel into the future when they chose to and thus experience all of the 2410 era events?

Some players that select A Discovery Captain or a TOS Temporal Agent might like to play more content, but here I concede that the TOS faction did in fact end and that toon was bounced into the future. It made sense that no additional original era content was forthcoming, however the TRIBBLE poor decision to do that with the Discovery era captains before all of that content had run its course was baffling and there is no justification possible to explain it away other than lip service.

Again, Daniels could just as easily have intervened for whatever reason and told DISCO toons that the observatory was at their disposal .... for the time being, but that they would need to go back to finish off loose ends.
    Keeping the Discovery captain in the Discovery era would have made no sense, and only arbitrarily denied them access to 90% of the games content for no other reason then...?

Daniels observatory isn't a revolving door for players to use at their whim.

They could have given the 2409 Klingon War a DSC Reskin like the did with the tutorial and let the DSC toons fight in that war for awhile before being thrown into the future to fight the same enemy 200 so years later.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,106 Arc User
    thay8472 wrote: »
    They could have given the 2409 Klingon War a DSC Reskin like the did with the tutorial and let the DSC toons fight in that war for awhile before being thrown into the future to fight the same enemy 200 so years later.
    That would have been terrible, and required an extensive rewrite to make the Klingon War arc make sense in the Disco era given that they would have to cut out some pretty big parts of it like the Planet Killer, and the Guardian of Forever.

Besides, that's pretty much what the arc is already. Things like the original Age of Discovery missions, and the upcoming Rise of Discovery missions, are you fighting in the Klingon War of the Discovery era. Same with TFOs like, Operation Reposte, and Defense of Starbase 1

Exactly ... the ones that don't make sense could have been cut out and the ones that do could have been edited with a DSC theme.

Are we fighting in that KDF war? Every part of that war has been a holographic simulation. (unless your a DSC character for the first two missions) At this point I wouldn't be surprised if the next missions is another holographic simulation.
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,428 Community Moderator
    This thread is starting to derail. Please stay on topic. Thanks.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    OP, are you using an engine set?

For my TOS Temopral Captain, his Paladin/Ranger is equipped with loose vintage gear, hence the rant about no skins/sets. Just over-invested 23C Warp Drive, Impulse, and Deflector. There was no 23C shield so he gets something modern. Same goes for weapons: 23C Phaser Banks, Cannons and old school Photons.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    For my ToS I snagged that experimental photon mission reward. As he was low level at the time, and it was green quality, I popped a Superior upgrade on it when he made it to modern times and it went gold within a few level-ups. He's still using it on one of his ships.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    akilaganakilagan Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    Personally I stopped doing these events after DR, doing a lvl 1-10 mini event to just end up in 25th century was really a disappointment. I did the TOS event one time after getting to ESD and it being the "New" ESD deleted character. Probably why im not interested in AoD wont by the ships anything.
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,116 Arc User
    Why no love for the Nautilus? A nice little Sci ship (granted, not the best one out there, but definitely above average) which also looks cool in both skins. Ship of choice for my TOS Tellarites aka Pigs in Space.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    pulpsmack#4226 pulpsmack Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    uiab wrote: »
    I am not aware of any particularly viable TOS starship at present (or if one exists, I need help figuring out which/how to implement what exists).

try temporal light cruiser. It's the best versatile ship ingame.

I will look into that. Thank you.
    It seems after making a promising story arc with the 23C Temporal Captain with budding C-Store opportunities They just dropped the 23C Federation Captain and never looked back
    Except the story of the 23C Temporal Captain is over.

We got thrown into the future because of the Temporal Cold war, and we helped end the Temporal Cold War, ending the conflict that got us "killed" and sent into the future to begin with.

The sotry reaching its logical end =/= being dropped, it just means its over.
    It seems after making a promising story arc with the 23C Temporal Captain with budding C-Store opportunities They just dropped the 23C Federation Captain and never looked back

We got thrown into the future because of the Temporal Cold war, and we helped end the Temporal Cold War, ending the conflict that got us "killed" and sent into the future to begin with.

This discussion has been closed.