test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AoY Characters Missing Spectre Skirmish Mission and Rewards

christ4uchrist4u Member Posts: 12 Arc User
Guys, I recently loaded my AoY character and discovered that it is currently missing a key mission from Franklin's Drake episode guide "Spectre."

I know that Cryptic recently removed these FEpisodes from the episodes lineup and placed them away into the availability tab - Bad move IMO

Why is this not fixed? I was able to get my temporal probe via a shared mission from another player - Yet I was unable to get any of the previous rewards from completing the mission.

Anyone else having issues? So far it is only effecting my AoY character. I am lvl 54 Admiral upper half

Cryptic please resolve this issue

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,471 Arc User
    edited April 2019
    Is one of your other characters level 65? Also, there are the TFOs in the various storylines that you might need to skip in order to play those missions. Thanks. :)
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    illisstr8illisstr8 Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    Actually I have a character that is lvl65, has all the mission on the available tab, with the exception of skirmish as well, and yes it it is an AoY toon. This is indeed a bug. All previous requite were met. I feel the OP's pain , this is quite annoying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    This is odd. I checked on my AoY character and she has it in the Available tab.

Why some and not others? For the OP, it may have to do with not being level 65, yet, which is when those missions are supposed to unlock now* but that doesn't explain why it isn't showing up for illisstr8 at level 65.

More information on mine is that she had done the missions normally long ago, and was level 65 already when the change to the journal happened, with only Gamma Quadrant and, of course, Age of Discovery unfinished. My older characters all fall into that category, done with the missions well before the change, with only new ones made after the change that aren't done with them all. Maybe that is where the problems creep in, older characters that were still in progress in the mission journal when the change happened.

*As for the "bad move" of shifting some of the older content to the Available tab, I'm mostly fine with it, but the decision shortly afterward to make those moved episodes, save for Nimbus, unlock at level 65 was terrible, in my opinion, since it took away the freedom to just play them as if they were still in their old places, should you so desire, and made the special set rewards from the Breen and Dominion ones practically useless.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.