test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Timing for new Free T6 Ship TFO event

Ok maybe this is me being to literal but the event is now open based on the various promotions I have read discussing this new T6 free ship giveaway YET the servers are down. Is this common practice for Cryptic to open an event while it is still actually in downtime? Just curious................

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    alyrissa wrote: »
    Ok maybe this is me being to literal but the event is now open based on the various promotions I have read discussing this new T6 free ship giveaway YET the servers are down. Is this common practice for Cryptic to open an event while it is still actually in downtime? Just curious................

Yea it is normal. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    alyrissaalyrissa Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Thank you pete, mods pls close this thread as answered thank you
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,878 Arc User
    Standard weekly maintenance: Thursday morning. Events open once the servers come back online. Approximated times are posted on the launcher.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    I guess this falls under the category "Don't hold em to the small stuff worry abt the Big uns" lol
  • Options
    sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,494 Arc User
    alyrissa wrote: »
    I guess this falls under the category "Don't hold em to the small stuff worry abt the Big uns" lol

No, it makes sense the event would not be open until the servers were back online.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • Options
    My point exactly, the event is open according to the advertising.... but again a small point I realize
  • Options
    adorkabledoriadorkabledori Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    Standard weekly maintenance: Thursday morning. Events open once the servers come back online. Approximated times are posted on the launcher.

Wrong, server status is red, no times mentioned, yet people (at least me) are able to log in. Very confusing in my eyes, especially when the event has started.

• Options
    salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited April 2019

Wrong, server status is red, no times mentioned, yet people (at least me) are able to log in. Very confusing in my eyes, especially when the event has started.
    A mere 6 minutes later but server status is green now. Times posted are estimates. Why? Because unforseen things can happen during maintenance causing it to not last as long or last SEVERAL hours longer.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,355 Community Moderator
    Closed at request of OP. /Thread
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
This discussion has been closed.