test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Foundry Sunset

2»

Comments

• westx211westx211 Member Posts: 42,205 Arc User
    neoakiraii wrote: »
    Didn't even notice , had they had a good mission like wiping out Bajor maybe I would have played it more

If I'm being honest I bet there's a 90% chance there was a mission like that in the foundry.
    Men are not punished for their sins, but by them.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    Foundry Authors and Player alike, are all like...
    aPhOSSL.gif
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    Last time I was this sad regarding anything MMO related, was when Warhammer Online and City of Heroes/City of Villains shut down. And the tailor "feature" being removed/closed. For me, any hope to put into Cryptic's path forward, will be a mistake. The next step on the road to disappointment.

Godspeed, Foundry. A wave and salute to you. Godspeed to all the areas, friends, and story missions I got to experience via the Foundry, including The Dungeon(KDF), Heroes of the Empire, Honor of Ferasan/Orions/Empire, Orion House of Wonders.

screenshot_121114-01-25-37.jpg
  • devvickdevvick Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    The Foundry is gone.....

For me it look's like a desperate move to force us to play “Story”Missions and TFO's.
    With the Foundry this game has lost a big part of the content, some o the best missions, nearly all diversity and
    peaceful exploration.
    What's left?
    To boldly go where no one has gone before?
    No, we should repeat the same stuff again and again.
    Standard mission template: Fly to a planet, shoot a few spaceships,beam down, kill some aliens, beam up, shoot more ships, and then repeat. The TFO's aren't any better.
    Most of it could be called genocide. We even getting assignments to kill.
    I can imagine the reaction of Kirk or Picard if somebody told them that he is on the way to Nimbus III just to kill 60 Gorn....
    Can we now at least hope that bugs like npc's sitting on the ground instead on chairs and a bridge full of “template bridge officers” will be fixed soon?
    p.s.: A glimmer of hope for me already could be if the patrol missions would some more and repeatable
  • ncc42662ncc42662 Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    Sad to see go, the Foundry (and the occasional new Cryptic mission) were my reason for playing. I'm not into PVE etc in this game, I was simply interested in the immersion into the Star Trek Universe. I both played author missions and created countless missions (mostly to play myself) for this purpose. Unfortunately the game is going to die for me. Sad, I wish it hadn't come to this, and perhaps one day you will decide to reverse or create this option again.

Take care everyone, thank you Cryptic for the wonderful experience, and thank you to ALL the authors who created missions for me to enjoy.
    "The Prime Directive is merely a guideline to help make the right choice" -Vn'dor Phail, Capt
    :: sneezes :: Why is it no-one dusts the bridge on Starfleet vessels?" -Emsil Marat, Glinn
    "We can not interfere in the progression of one's life" -Richard Lynch, LtCdr
  • ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    devvick wrote: »
    The Foundry is gone.....

What's left?

No, not even that, since they removed the exploration clusters years ago already.

As of today, it's going to be essentially a matter of boldly going where everyone has gone before, including yourself... again and again.
  • trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    ashstorm1 wrote: »
    devvick wrote: »
    The Foundry is gone.....

What's left?

No, not even that, since they removed the exploration clusters years ago already.

As of today, it's going to be essentially a matter of boldly going where everyone has gone before, including yourself... again and again.

To boldly go, where we have gone before, and to kill everything in our path.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • kodoskangkodoskang Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Hi,

when can we expect the character slots to return? I had 2 foundry characters (FED & KDF) whose slots I bought from C-Store, but they were not refunded yet.

If I knew I had to wait, I would have deleted them before April 11th...
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    hivercide wrote: »
    While using the Foundry to help complete Personal Endeavor missions was a nice bonus, I will miss it more for the ability to get rare Accolades. The Devs seem determined to remove some accolades from the game, perhaps for purposes of Elitism ("Yeah, I've got 'x' accolade, and you'll never be able to, noob!"), and closing the Foundry has made yet more of them impossible to achieve. M-113 Salt Vampires, anyone? If there was ever a mission that featured them, it has long since been removed from the game. If you were not able to get the accolades for defeating them in a Foundry mission, you can kiss them goodbye forever now.

The sunsetting of the Foundry is a sad thing and (as Amb Kael said in his video) sometimes real life decisions suck and you need to live with them. But lets not blame the Foundry departure for suddenly making accolades inaccessible. For hints to complete accolades see: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Guide:_Accolades

With game content changes over the past many years I haven't seen any evidence of a nefarious super-secret ultra-evil mega-project vunder-plan by Devs to deny players an obscure accolade accessible only by an ancient mission - that really has no effect on the games stats. Kill # of X enemies gives you +2% dmg, but these are fairly accessible. I DO tend to see hundreds, if not thousands, of player conspiracy theories .... +1.

I appreciate that everyone has different "end game goals" but Accolade Elitism is purely a personal player issue, both to claim it and allow yourself to be impacted by such claims. The only person who cares (or doesn't care) about an accolade - is you. Sure I have (a lot) of accolades/titles, but I really don't pay attention to them as you can get a title from doing just about anything well, extremely bad, just plain weird random things or given enough time. Personally, I don't think accolades are worth loosing sleep over. I chase epohhs not accolades: they make cute pets and if you tire of them you can turn them into marks. Have you ever tried to pet an accolade?

If the need to kill M-113's is still strong, multitudes of M-113 Salt Vampires can still be found in Arena of Sompek and Colony Invasion Simulations. Personally I didn't warmly cherish my accolade for killing # of them, but I would have - for coupon for a free freshly baked monster-sized buttery pretzel (lightly-salted and warm). Of course, that is probably just my stomach talking 30min before dinner.

For the record, my favorite accolade/title is "Torpedo Target" = receive 500,000 torpedo damage. I got gud at catching torpedos. It was my first! - that I bothered to notice.
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • herrgis#1415 herrgis Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    hivercide wrote: »
    While using the Foundry to help complete Personal Endeavor missions was a nice bonus, I will miss it more for the ability to get rare Accolades. The Devs seem determined to remove some accolades from the game, perhaps for purposes of Elitism ("Yeah, I've got 'x' accolade, and you'll never be able to, noob!"), and closing the Foundry has made yet more of them impossible to achieve. M-113 Salt Vampires, anyone? If there was ever a mission that featured them, it has long since been removed from the game. If you were not able to get the accolades for defeating them in a Foundry mission, you can kiss them goodbye forever now.

The sunsetting of the Foundry is a sad thing and (as Amb Kael said in his video) sometimes real life decisions suck and you need to live with them. But lets not blame the Foundry departure for suddenly making accolades inaccessible. For hints to complete accolades see: https://sto.gamepedia.com/Guide:_Accolades

With game content changes over the past many years I haven't seen any evidence of a nefarious super-secret ultra-evil mega-project vunder-plan by Devs to deny players an obscure accolade accessible only by an ancient mission - that really has no effect on the games stats. Kill # of X enemies gives you +2% dmg, but these are fairly accessible. I DO tend to see hundreds, if not thousands, of player conspiracy theories .... +1.

I appreciate that everyone has different "end game goals" but Accolade Elitism is purely a personal player issue, both to claim it and allow yourself to be impacted by such claims. The only person who cares (or doesn't care) about an accolade - is you. Sure I have (a lot) of accolades/titles, but I really don't pay attention to them as you can get a title from doing just about anything well, extremely bad, just plain weird random things or given enough time. Personally, I don't think accolades are worth loosing sleep over. I chase epohhs not accolades: they make cute pets and if you tire of them you can turn them into marks. Have you ever tried to pet an accolade?

If the need to kill M-113's is still strong, multitudes of M-113 Salt Vampires can still be found in Arena of Sompek and Colony Invasion Simulations. Personally I didn't warmly cherish my accolade for killing # of them, but I would have - for coupon for a free freshly baked monster-sized buttery pretzel (lightly-salted and warm). Of course, that is probably just my stomach talking 30min before dinner.

For the record, my favorite accolade/title is "Torpedo Target" = receive 500,000 torpedo damage. I got gud at catching torpedos. It was my first! - that I bothered to notice.
    You need to think of Star Trek Online as a marathon, not a sprint. Senlac t'Karveth
    Sometimes the Universe allows for the making of unexpected memories. Philippa Georgiou
    No matter your shame, gather your strength. Find a way to help those in need. Sarek of Vulcan
  • robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    One pic that says it all
    NeFkXKJ.jpg

That's exactly what I have done but i did this as soon as the sunset was announced
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
This discussion has been closed.