test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet only group events

mefit1mefit1 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
Revive and invigorating fleet events .

Instances events that require a set amount 10/20-40/60 members to complete a set difficulty.
Both ground and space , maybe some events requiring both .
Drop rates that are rare can’t be acquired any other way items .

So this way fleets have more meaning other than spamming/grinding out resources needed to upgrade fleet in some shape or form .
Make/force fleets to be more dependable and communicate .
I have joined a lot of random fleets that had lots to no active members and communication is lacking .

I wrote this here and welcome a mod to move it but seen a trend of people writing suggestions in this area.
We are the Borg , Resistance is Futile , be assimilated, thinking differently is forbidden !

Comments

• azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 9,331 Arc User
    Force Fleets to be more dependable? Lets start with the obvious, there is no legal means for Cryptic to force fleets to do anything except follow the Terms of Service for the game, and then they are pretty much limited to banning, which they have never (AFAIK) instituted on an entire fleet. Yeah I suppose they could ban a fleet found guilty of criminally chargable fraud, but the lion's share of that kind of thing comes from Law enforcement. Secondly, who defines "dependable"? Because any member of a fleet I run that whines because I wasn't around for a few days because my daughter was sick is kicked out of the fleet, immediately. The people that run fleets have real lives as well, how is Cryptic going to force them to make their lives less unpredictable? Is Cryptic going to send over a bodyguard when Fleet leader Andy starts getting stalked by his ex? Are they going to send someone over to play for Fleet leader Andy after said stalker ex kills him?

It's offensive to even suggest Cryptic have any control over player's real lives.
    #IStandWithCBS
    #Discoveryrocks
    #ArrestCardiB
  • somtaawkharsomtaawkhar Member Posts: 5,758 Arc User
    edited March 11
    azrael605 wrote: »
    It's offensive to even suggest Cryptic have any control over player's real lives.
    This.

Not to mention, trying to force fleet events that require 30+ people to run just penalizes smaller fleets that like being just a group of 10 friends or w/e, and basically mandates that everyone join one of the larger fleets to get anything. And that's a TRIBBLE move. Especially when you add exclusive drops on top of that.
  • davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 6,641 Arc User
    edited March 11
    This is a MMO , Loses it’s meaning when no one talks , no forced competitive events .

To you, but many (most?) players treat STO as a single-player game with quick grouped queues that we are free to ignore.

Both of my fleets (Fed and KDF) do what I want them to, which is let me get fleet gear. Other than that we play at different times and rarely if ever do any "fleet activities."

If you want long group raids, try WoW.
    edited March 11
    mefit1 wrote: »
    When I was on PC the most talking would be on the Fed side at ESD by GoldSellers ......
    I play on PC and haven't seen a gold seller in ages. Both ESD and Beta Quadrant chat are filled with people talking about politics, religion, or Discovery, however.
    This is a MMO , Loses it’s meaning when no one talks
    MMO just means a lot of people are playing the game, not that you have to talk to them. In my time playing Everquest, Guild Wars/GW2, STO, TERA, and others, I can safely say that 99% of the time when someone said something it was either
    A. An actual person trying selling something
    B. A gold selling bot
    C. People asking for help on some random thing
    D. Politics or religion
    Beyond that, the only other significant amount of communication was during elite dungeons/raids, and that conversation was just people spouting out orders about placement and skill use, and not normal conversation.

People rarely just talk to random people in-game. Why would they unless they needed something from them?
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 5,901 Arc User
    There were only 2 people in my fleet when we started our holdings. We are pretty much done with the smaller holdings and working on Tier 4 of the Star Base, Tier 3 of the Colony. And we are not giving up our holdings now.

Where would a fleet like us fit into this scheme???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    There were only 2 people in my fleet when we started our holdings. We are pretty much done with the smaller holdings and working on Tier 4 of the Star Base, Tier 3 of the Colony. And we are not giving up our holdings now.

Where would a fleet like us fit into this scheme???

You get nothing. Good DAY sir!

• azrael605azrael605 Member Posts: 9,331 Arc User
    > @mefit1 said:
    > > @somtaawkhar said:
    > > azrael605 wrote: »
    > >
    > > It's offensive to even suggest Cryptic have any control over player's real lives.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > This.
    > >
    > > Not to mention, trying to force fleet events that require 30+ people to run just penalizes smaller fleets that like being just a group of 10 friends or w/e, and basically mandates that everyone join one of the larger fleets to get anything. And that's a TRIBBLE move. Especially when you add exclusive drops on top of that.
    >
    > It will make bigger fleets and reasons to be in them .
    > It’s not terrible and works .
    > As is now , unless you make a fleet with people you know , you really are playing a solo game with TFO co ops

First, unless you have game developer cred and years of experience working in the field, don't try to say what will or won't work.

I play on PC, I have not seen a goldseller in chat in over a year, probably longer. People talk all the time, I never see chat empty and I am not in the tiniest restricted to talking to fleet mates, good thing too, nobody in my KDF fleet or Armada talks... ever, but they slot projects and handle promotions so no big deal.
    #IStandWithCBS
    #Discoveryrocks
    #ArrestCardiB
    edited March 11
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > This is a MMO , Loses it’s meaning when no one talks , no forced competitive events .
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > To you, but many (most?) players treat STO as a single-player game with quick grouped queues that we are free to ignore.
    >
    > Both of my fleets (Fed and KDF) do what I want them to, which is let me get fleet gear. Other than that we play at different times and rarely if ever do any "fleet activities."
    >
    > If you want long group raids, try WoW.

The Don’t Rock the Boat comment isn’t needed .

Why have forums or free thought if we don’t want anything that’s outside the box .

Yes group events if normal for in MMOs , but TFOs , don’t even need to even say Hello , just dive in , and even if you lose still win lol

Sure, it's fine to suggest new features, and say that you want them. Just speak for yourself and don't tell me that I want them too :)

I objected to you telling us what an MMO is supposed to be, which is different from saying how you want it to be.

Just be a little more clear and say things like "I would like this" or "I want this in my MMOs" and it will be clear you aren't trying to speak for everybody.
    edited March 12
    > @where2r1 said:
    > There were only 2 people in my fleet when we started our holdings. .

No sale. We been together for years.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited March 12
    It’s a MMO , people should want to work together to gain things.
    This already exists in-game in both Battlezones and TFOs. Both which require teamwork(even if you aren't directly teamed up with the people you are working with in battlzones), in order to get dilitum, reputation marks, and elite reputation marks, in order to get rep gear.

There is also the colony invasion scenario fleets can launch on their colony worlds.
    > Obviously I am not allowed to sujest/or have a opinion without relentless flaming and trolling .

Not everyone is going to agree with you. That is not "flaming and trolling."
  • valoreahvaloreah Member Posts: 9,942 Arc User
    It was along the lines of getting people to want to do events that are required by the fleet

This is entirely dependent upon the fleet and the individual. Some folk may not even want to be in fleets that have required content.

If you are finding the fleets you are joining lacking, then join another fleet. Keep looking until you find the one that suits you. I can only speak from experience here, but my fleetmates and I team together because we want to, not because we have to. That's how it should work IMO.
    Dear Devs: I enjoyed the Legacy of Romulus expansion much more than the Delta Rising expansion. .
    thecosmic1 wrote:
    Anyone calling Valoreah a "Cryptic fanboy" must be new to the forum.

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    Try this topic on STO Reddit. They are seen as "less negative" about things over there.

• wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 72 Community Moderator
    Thread locked by request of OP.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
This discussion has been closed.