test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Fleet only group events

mefit1mefit1 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
Revive and invigorating fleet events .

Instances events that require a set amount 10/20-40/60 members to complete a set difficulty.
Both ground and space , maybe some events requiring both .
Drop rates that are rare can’t be acquired any other way items .

So this way fleets have more meaning other than spamming/grinding out resources needed to upgrade fleet in some shape or form .
Make/force fleets to be more dependable and communicate .
I have joined a lot of random fleets that had lots to no active members and communication is lacking .

I wrote this here and welcome a mod to move it but seen a trend of people writing suggestions in this area.
We are the Borg , Resistance is Futile , be assimilated, thinking differently is forbidden !

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,511 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    This is a MMO , Loses it’s meaning when no one talks , no forced competitive events .

To you, but many (most?) players treat STO as a single-player game with quick grouped queues that we are free to ignore.

Both of my fleets (Fed and KDF) do what I want them to, which is let me get fleet gear. Other than that we play at different times and rarely if ever do any "fleet activities."

If you want long group raids, try WoW.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    There were only 2 people in my fleet when we started our holdings. We are pretty much done with the smaller holdings and working on Tier 4 of the Star Base, Tier 3 of the Colony. And we are not giving up our holdings now.

Where would a fleet like us fit into this scheme???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    where2r1 wrote: »
    There were only 2 people in my fleet when we started our holdings. We are pretty much done with the smaller holdings and working on Tier 4 of the Star Base, Tier 3 of the Colony. And we are not giving up our holdings now.

Where would a fleet like us fit into this scheme???

You get nothing. Good DAY sir!

https://youtu.be/M5QGkOGZubQ

edited March 2019
    mefit1 wrote: »
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > This is a MMO , Loses it’s meaning when no one talks , no forced competitive events .
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > To you, but many (most?) players treat STO as a single-player game with quick grouped queues that we are free to ignore.
    >
    > Both of my fleets (Fed and KDF) do what I want them to, which is let me get fleet gear. Other than that we play at different times and rarely if ever do any "fleet activities."
    >
    > If you want long group raids, try WoW.

The Don’t Rock the Boat comment isn’t needed .

Why have forums or free thought if we don’t want anything that’s outside the box .

Yes group events if normal for in MMOs , but TFOs , don’t even need to even say Hello , just dive in , and even if you lose still win lol

Sure, it's fine to suggest new features, and say that you want them. Just speak for yourself and don't tell me that I want them too :)

I objected to you telling us what an MMO is supposed to be, which is different from saying how you want it to be.

Just be a little more clear and say things like "I would like this" or "I want this in my MMOs" and it will be clear you aren't trying to speak for everybody.
    edited March 2019
    mefit1 wrote: »
    > @where2r1 said:
    > There were only 2 people in my fleet when we started our holdings. .

No sale. We been together for years.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    > Obviously I am not allowed to sujest/or have a opinion without relentless flaming and trolling .

Not everyone is going to agree with you. That is not "flaming and trolling."
    Try this topic on STO Reddit. They are seen as "less negative" about things over there.

• wingedhussar#7584 wingedhussar Member Posts: 436 Community Moderator
    Thread locked by request of OP.
    latest?cb=20171202101458

...THEN THE WINGED HUSSARS ARRIVED!
    Volunteer community moderator for the Star Trek Online forums. Not a Cryptic Studios or Perfect World employee.
This discussion has been closed.