test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What is the point of transwarp cooldowns now?

2»

Comments

• scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    also that u need coils to get to alpha quadrant...and thge cost of them while u can go anywhere there throu a mission 4 free
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Their pathing for Slipstream or just plane Sector Travel is pretty atrocious when clicking on a destination on the Sector Map. They have work to do on all levels.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • roguealltrekroguealltrek Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    (Flaming/Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
    To be or not to be: B)
    edited March 2019
    Incorrect observation edited out.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    Agreed, it's certainly not anything that would have to be too heavily considered if the system was revamped. If anything, making it obsolete would serve to encourage anyone currently using this garbage console to replace it with something useful. :lol:

B-b-but it's part of the totally awesome Hot Pursuit console set! The set bonus is a whopping 15% additional directed energy damage (same bonus type as Tactical Consoles) AND a blistering 10% reduction in BOff cooldowns. Surely equipping a metaphorical boat anchor is worth that bonus!
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I got my Transwarp to Drozana sitting in my mission tracker from the mission "What Lies Beneath" and that mission is in the "Available" tab.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    edited March 2019
    Incorrect information edited out.

The Wiki does list 'Spectres' as a direct part of the KDF Mission Arcs.
    Post edited by ltminns on
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    redvenge wrote: »
    Agreed, it's certainly not anything that would have to be too heavily considered if the system was revamped. If anything, making it obsolete would serve to encourage anyone currently using this garbage console to replace it with something useful. :lol:

B-b-but it's part of the totally awesome Hot Pursuit console set! The set bonus is a whopping 15% additional directed energy damage (same bonus type as Tactical Consoles) AND a blistering 10% reduction in BOff cooldowns. Surely equipping a metaphorical boat anchor is worth that bonus!

I love the way they give a cooldown reduction on a ship that can pretty much only run an Aux2Bat layout that has no use for the reduction to begin with.

It's like they want the Excelsior to suck as much as possible. :lol:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Is that a Klingon Character? The 'Spectres' Arc is part of the Mission Tab for the KDF.

Huh? No. Specters, Cold War and Lost Dominion got removed from Episodes. And all three moved over to Available tab....as part of the Mission Journal Revamp.

And then those missions were pushed up to unlock at level 65 when they found it was missing for some characters. I been tracking that since they did that back in November. Even after that, some characters were missing them. LOL!

The only thing that is in Episodes for one faction is : Wasteland (Nimbus 3).
    Which is in Episodes for Romulans. But everyone else gets to play them from the Available tab. :)
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    Oy! For the first time I just noticed that there is a very tiny icon next to the Mission in the 'Mission Tracker' that says 'Transwarp to this Location'.

I have always been going back to the Mission listed in the 'Mission' Tab for Transwarp. And there is no direct Transwarp Button for a Mission listing in the 'Availible' or 'In Progress' Tabs.

Never caught that button with my eyesight being what it is from a normal distance from the screen and I never get closer and take my glasses off for Mission listings. Other stuff yeah, but not that. Almost six years and I missed it.

Thanks for making me take a closer look. :)
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • mephizton2092mephizton2092 Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Their pathing for Slipstream or just plane Sector Travel is pretty atrocious when clicking on a destination on the Sector Map. They have work to do on all levels.

Transwarp finally made sector travel reliable. It's frustrating that in the traveling funtion is (still / again) broken
    "Reports of our depression are vastly exaggerated."
    "Anyaway, we don't often see a sense of humor in Section 31."
  • littlesarbonnlittlesarbonn Member Posts: 486 Arc User
    To be honest, I'm actually grateful for this thread because up until I read it, I never knew I could transwarp directly to missions and not have to pay money to do it. The old way required money be spent to get to transwarp coordinates, which is why I never used the feature. Started using it just the other night and am really glad I know about this now.
    Fleet Admiral Duane Gundrum, U.S.S. Merrimack
    Fleet Admiral Ventaxa Proxmire, U.S.S. Shaka Walls Fell
    Blog: http://www.sarbonn.com/?page_id=1990
    Foundry series: Bob From Accounting & For the Sake of the Empire
  • duasynduasyn Member Posts: 492 Arc User
    Once you remember a few missions for their convenient transwarps, the old transwarp cooldown isn't even really an issue. Be like saying you need to remove your appendix because you don't use it anymore.

Sometimes I do miss the need to fly somewhere. But Sector Space got boring when they removed all the vendor ships and random enemy encounters that would chase you down. (Try getting to DS9 at level 13 back in the 'good old days' w/o being pounced upon by the red blob of swirling ships. :D
  • saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,385 Arc User
    I wish they'd go the other way and make transwarp from the mission journal be affected by a universal transwarp cooldown. All this instant and free transwarping makes the game seem so small.

One way or the other, but it's the inconsistencies that irritate me. Personally I like the ability to quickly move around, I can still traverse the distance manually if I choose to.

Agreed, those that don't want to use the free transwarp don't have to. There is no point in removing it, but I agree some uniformity would be nice. Slipstream cooldown is a relic of the past, it's a left over restriction from a system that's no longer relevant.

It's removal would be sensible.

Slipstream cooldown actually isn't a relic of the past, at least according to the devs, because of what they did with the Miracle Worker ships. Unlike most other ships, Miracle Worker-dedicated ships have a much better Quantum Slipstream Drive, where instead of 30s of speed boost for a 2min cooldown, they have 90s of speed boost for a 30s cooldown.

And then, there is the Gamma Synergistic Overcharged Warp Core that divides the Slipstream cooldown by 2.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
  • cylus566cylus566 Member Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited March 2019
    it's pointless, they should make it a death penalty or something like if you get blown up more then once in a tfo you get transwarp cool downs for a period of time or something otherwise it is just wasting the players time.

I agree we need more not less, but lets not hang onto useless pointless functions to satisfy our need for more.
  • vengefuldjinnvengefuldjinn Member Posts: 1,520 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Don't we have a transwarp console that reduces the cool down time? Wouldn't that become completely useless if cool downs were eliminated? So, the transwarp console would need a revamp if cool downs go away to make it useful again.

I think that is a consumable device. Transwarp Coil. I never buy those. They want too much Dilithium.

There is a DOFF that knocks off the timer on the "regular" Transwarp listing.
    There is also a trait from "Tour the Galaxy"....that is a reward.

I think the problem of "getting rid of" Transwarp is: a lot of them ARE a reward for finishing something else.

No, I meant the console from the Excelsior.

We also have a transwarp cool down doff too.

tumblr_o2aau3b7nh1rkvl19o1_400.gif

This discussion has been closed.