test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dsc bridge officers?

jamesberginjamesbergin Member Posts: 19 Arc User
Is there any word of there being any dsc bridge officers? I quite like the idea of being era appropriate yet having higher quality bofs
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,117 Community Moderator
    Unforutnately... no. TOS is somewhat in the same boat. Don't know if the BOffs from K-13 count as TOS as I don't have any.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    ichaerus1ichaerus1 Member Posts: 986 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Unforutnately... no. TOS is somewhat in the same boat. Don't know if the BOffs from K-13 count as TOS as I don't have any.

Yes they do. But the original TOS crew package was something else. I don't remember where I got it from, but I know I have it account unlocked, like the Leeta Boffs.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Yeah you can get TOS boffs from K-13:
    dcxqxaj-359d41e5-66c7-4178-b870-d56574af1b72.png
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter
    Starbase One fleet holding when?​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    NO more bloody Fleet Holdings!!! They will just make it another ridiculous five Tier monstrosity.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,117 Community Moderator
    More likely it will be another 3 tier holding like the others. Surprised we haven't gotten one in the Gamma Quadrant honestly.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    thegrandnagus1thegrandnagus1 Member Posts: 5,165 Arc User
    If quality is your main concern I can't help you there. But if you are interested in boffs that look like the characters from Discovery, here are some community made costumes available for download:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stocostumes/comments/8ne8s4/featured_costumes_index/

That said, hopefully they will add some official disco boffs like they have with the other series.

The-Grand-Nagus

og9Zoh0.jpg
  • Options
    If quality is your main concern I can't help you there. But if you are interested in boffs that look like the characters from Discovery, here are some community made costumes available for download:

https://www.reddit.com/r/stocostumes/comments/8ne8s4/featured_costumes_index/

That said, hopefully they will add some official disco boffs like they have with the other series.
    I've made duplicates of two of the Disco cadets you don't get as Boffs.
    dcrpy7z-fac5d586-971d-4ddf-85ec-1fabe6c14e8d.png
    Irez is a near perfect copy of the conn officer Irez in the Disco tutorial.
    Son Oetken is an imperfect duplicate of the transporter chief Desmond. I say imperfect because while the face is right but the hair is backwards and too dull. Apparently Desmond has custom hair players can't use.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Umm make a AOD toon, get the Boffs, tailor out fit save and port em over
    It's what I did
    Daniel's let my entire senior staff serve under my aoy captain
    doesn't quite work for the ones you don't get as boffs though. :p
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    starshine#7408 starshine Member Posts: 127 Arc User
    DSC officers with DSC icons and from the DSC versions of the species.

with TOS, you can buy lots of TOS BOFFs before leaving the tutorial and travelling into the future
    DSC doesnt seem to have that option in it's prologue story
    TOS>LDS>DSC>VOY>DS9>PRO>ENT>TNG>PIC

Bring the Enterprise XCV-330 to STO
  • Options
    what are yall talking about, non tutorial boff after you get esd? just regular boffs in disco clothing, or characters from the show?
    Inside the game code the Disco boffs have a different species than regular boffs, but on the outside the only difference is the differently shaped rank insignias, the branch insignia, and they have the cadet badges as costume options and others don't.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    xyquarzexyquarze Member Posts: 2,116 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    azrael605 wrote: »
    You can only buy common quality TOS Boffs, I'll pass thanks.

I guess if you want the icon for role playing reasons, not everybody is that concerned. My "Pigs in Space" crew works quite happy as an all-common team apart from the captain. It's not as if the traits are that important to master content.

But if not convinced, K-13 allows you to buy very rare ones, too. Not only the two androids, but normal Tell/Vulc/Ando/Human.
    My mother was an epohh and my father smelled of tulaberries
  • Options
    xyquarze wrote: »
    You can only buy common quality TOS Boffs, I'll pass thanks.
    I guess if you want the icon for role playing reasons, not everybody is that concerned. My "Pigs in Space" crew works quite happy as an all-common team apart from the captain. It's not as if the traits are that important to master content.

But if not convinced, K-13 allows you to buy very rare ones, too. Not only the two androids, but normal Tell/Vulc/Ando/Human.
    Red-side you have a choice between Klingons, nerdy Klingons, and ugly Klingons. :p But they have the 2409 KDF branch insignia. However, the android boffs have the TOS Starfleet branch logo even if acquired red-side.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    To start off, you misunderstand me, I don't care if the icons match, never have. However, I only use VR Boffs, I clone and discard lower quality Boffs, or mulch them for manuals. So the common quality Boffs are meaningless to me.

Sorry, my mistake, I wasn't expressing properly what I meant. The "you" in "if you want the icon for role playing reasons" wasn't meant as azrael-you but as general-you. So somebody who is interested in the icons (other than you) may have less interest in the officers being VR (again, other than you) was what I wanted to say.
  • Options
    xyquarze wrote: »
    To start off, you misunderstand me, I don't care if the icons match, never have. However, I only use VR Boffs, I clone and discard lower quality Boffs, or mulch them for manuals. So the common quality Boffs are meaningless to me.
    Sorry, my mistake, I wasn't expressing properly what I meant. The "you" in "if you want the icon for role playing reasons" wasn't meant as azrael-you but as general-you. So somebody who is interested in the icons (other than you) may have less interest in the officers being VR (again, other than you) was what I wanted to say.
    With the way Boff rarity works, there's no real reason to care.
    eridiancollection_by_marhawkman_dch07n8-fullview.jpg
    See Kristel and Heath? I use them for space combat, why? well... all Humans have Leadership and the stat boost you get from it doesn't vary by "quality". The only difference between a common and VR Human boff in this regard is in ground combat. Even then their gear and assigned skills will make more difference.
    eridianbofftraits_by_marhawkman-dcs6dz3.png
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    magusshadowmoonmagusshadowmoon Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Cardassian captians are in the same boat nothing but white quality boffs if you want an all card crew
  • Options
    Cardassian captians are in the same boat nothing but white quality boffs if you want an all card crew
    Pretty sure you can buy them on exchange. There's a recruiting Doff mission for them, though it's not one of the easy to find ones.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    I have found (at least) two purple level Card BOffs so far, so they do exist.
This discussion has been closed.