test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

list of personal endeavors and suggested locations?

2»

Comments

• Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Kill Tholians on New Romulus don’t work for the assignment “Kill Tholians on ground” while the PvE NTTE and NSDTE even work for the task “Kill Tholians in the Nukara adventure zone”.

Reason is probably deep in the game code as the two respective PvE maps are abstracted from the Adventure zone.
    Haha, no they're not. Those TFOs are set in the Nukara adventure zone ground map. If you wander around Nukara far enough you can even SEE the locations those queues take place. You used to team for them manually then walk up to a door to start the mission. Then the STF revamp to add the current queue system made them TFOs. Now if you walk up to the mission door it just queues you for the TFO.

too bad the game does not consider those que maps to be a part of Nukura... there is a regular endeavor for Nukura to kill the tholian captain... you can now only find captain inside the que... no credit thou since it's not in Nukura anymore.

Wow is that a fact, cuz that’s confusing.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    Kill Tholians on New Romulus don’t work for the assignment “Kill Tholians on ground” while the PvE NTTE and NSDTE even work for the task “Kill Tholians in the Nukara adventure zone”.

Reason is probably deep in the game code as the two respective PvE maps are abstracted from the Adventure zone.
    Haha, no they're not. Those TFOs are set in the Nukara adventure zone ground map. If you wander around Nukara far enough you can even SEE the locations those queues take place. You used to team for them manually then walk up to a door to start the mission. Then the STF revamp to add the current queue system made them TFOs. Now if you walk up to the mission door it just queues you for the TFO.
    too bad the game does not consider those que maps to be a part of Nukura... there is a regular endeavor for Nukura to kill the tholian captain... you can now only find captain inside the que... no credit thou since it's not in Nukura anymore.
    Wow is that a fact, cuz that’s confusing.
    No.

The TFO is considered to take place on Nukara. Making it a queue only changed the mission door. The actual problem previously was that the Tholian boss didn't count as a captain because it was being treated as a unique boss NPC. Now the Project Leader or whatever his name is counts as a Captain.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    For the Harvest (Ground), I followed the advice above in the link and ran the 'Skirmish' Mission. After you board the Cardassian ship you will need to make your way to the Mess Hall before a node appears.

The early Missions in the Faction starting Arcs were usually loaded with Ground Nodes (and crates).
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    For the Harvest (Ground), I followed the advice above in the link and ran the 'Skirmish' Mission. After you board the Cardassian ship you will need to make your way to the Mess Hall before a node appears.

The early Missions in the Faction starting Arcs were usually loaded with Ground Nodes (and crates).
    I used "Cold Comfort." There is no combat at all, the deferi ship has two nodes accessible without doing anything else, and they will respawn if you beam out.
  • Options
    Yeah, 'Cold Comfort' is another easy one. That was my go to Mission for the Featured Episode Rerun Event back in the day that they gave out daily Account Lobi. Alas, no more. Boy did I build up a collection of Cluster Torpedoes.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Yeah, 'Cold Comfort' is another easy one. That was my go to Mission for the Featured Episode Rerun Event back in the day that they gave out daily Account Lobi. Alas, no more. Boy did I build up a collection of Cluster Torpedoes.
    That's the mission that gives quick reload transphasic, not the cluster. EDIT: I might have it confused with Spin the Wheel...
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    You're right it is the Rapid Reload Transphasic. 'Out in the Cold' gives the Transphasic Cluster.

'Spin the Wheel' was most other people's go to for the Rerun Event. That gives the 'Ghostbuster' gun.
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    warpangel wrote: »

I used "Cold Comfort." There is no combat at all, the deferi ship has two nodes accessible without doing anything else, and they will respawn if you beam out.

That one might be a bit quicker than Second Wave, but I'd still prefer Second Wave because you go right to the ground map when starting it in sector space.

A friend got his destructible torpedoes in CCA. Not sure if that was all from the ones the Tholians use or if shards count as destructible torpedoes. I have yet to draw that endeavor at any rarity to test it for myself.

Dewan Arthropods on Nimbus is great, but it did show me that it takes a heck of a lot of those things getting killed to spawn the giant one. I got over 100 kills myself after one went down, and there were at least a couple of others there working, keeping that part of the desert nearly crustacean-free, and another didn't pop up. I've always assumed that those bosses were entirely linked to number of enemies in the area that were killed, but there might be a time-limit to them as well.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    edited February 2019
    To kill x-ships I usually go for the DSE specific to said ships. Assimilate the Barbarians for Borg, The Other Side for Terran, etc.

Today I had Kill x-Tzenkethi Ships and Kill x-Tzenkethi on ground, so I did Scylla and Charbydis and got both at the same time.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    anodynes wrote: »
    Dewan Arthropods on Nimbus is great, but it did show me that it takes a heck of a lot of those things getting killed to spawn the giant one. I got over 100 kills myself after one went down, and there were at least a couple of others there working, keeping that part of the desert nearly crustacean-free, and another didn't pop up. I've always assumed that those bosses were entirely linked to number of enemies in the area that were killed, but there might be a time-limit to them as well.
    I don't think the giant scorp's spawn is triggered by killing the smaller ones, I think it's just random.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    echatty wrote: »
    To kill x-ships I usually go for the DSE specific to said ships. Assimilate the Barbarians for Borg, The Other Side for Terran, etc.

Today I had Kill x-Tzenkethi Ships and Kill x-Tzenkethi on ground, so I did Scylla and Charbydis and got both at the same time.

This depends on which ones. I got destoy x-Tzenkethi ships yesterday. I just went to Gon'cra.

On a side thought here. If you get Defeat Tholians(Ground), be advised, the Tholians on New Romulus do not count. I got it a couple days ago, and tested this. Ended up having to go to Nukara.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
This discussion has been closed.