test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Are Klingons immune to Tribble bonuses?

indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
I was trying to use one of my tribbles and it does not seem to work on my Klingon character. Do you use tribbles on Klingons? The Kelvin Tribble does not seem to work for this character.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    indysharkindyshark Member Posts: 1,543 Arc User
    Strange, the daring tribble works.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    My understanding is:
    Tribbles don't like Klingons, Klingons don't like Tribbles.
    So, unless you got a Purple Tribble...forget about it.
    They just screech at you. (noisy as heck tribbles)

Kelvin Timeline Tribble is supposed to work...since it is Purple.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Some Tribbles also don't like Gorn. But I think they are supposed to get Tribble Buffs anyways. Its just racial animations. You get the same animations from anyone who pets a Cannible Tribble.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    Yeah only special tribbles work for klingons, all regular tribbles just freak out. Why Kelvin Timeline Tribble isn't working could be a bug depends on how they've enabled special tribbles to work on klingons.
  • Options
    trillbuffettrillbuffet Member Posts: 861 Arc User
    New TFO The Great Tribble Hunt! Scenario replaying the glorious battle of the destruction of the tribble homeworld.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    New TFO The Great Tribble Hunt! Scenario replaying the glorious battle of the destruction of the tribble homeworld.

I miss the Tribble Hunt that used to pop up on ocassion in the D'Kel Star Cluster exploration assignments. Exploding piles of Tribbles was quite cathartic. LOL!

But back on topic: I was told Tribbles do not work on Klingons unless they were Purple ones and never questioned it. I have not used tribbles any but the specials on my Captain and not used any tribbles on any of my BOFFs. KDF side, of course.

My Ferengi's BOFFs all have one tribble or another, uncommon mostly. She, herself, carries the Daring Tribble....but I often forget to use it. BOFfs, the computer remembers to use it for them. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »

I miss the Tribble Hunt that used to pop up on ocassion in the D'Kel Star Cluster exploration assignments. Exploding piles of Tribbles was quite cathartic. LOL!

But back on topic: I was told Tribbles do not work on Klingons unless they were Purple ones and never questioned it. I have not used tribbles any but the specials on my Captain and not used any tribbles on any of my BOFFs. KDF side, of course.

I can confirm that tribbles of common and uncommon quality cannot be used by KDF characters or their BOFFs. The tribbles will just emit a screeching noise when touched, prompting the toon to move it away from him in disgust. Quite hilarious to behold nonetheless.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Golden Tribble/Tribble (riv) is also useless for Klingons. They can't buy it in the C-Store, and if they get one from the exchange or other means, it won't buff them, and can't be equipped to bridge officer.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,326 Community Moderator
    anodynes wrote: »
    Golden Tribble/Tribble (riv) is also useless for Klingons. They can't buy it in the C-Store, and if they get one from the exchange or other means, it won't buff them, and can't be equipped to bridge officer.

That's actually pretty funny. LOL :lol:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    The only use a klingon has for a tribble is a dead one, or the cannibal tribble.

2x Cannibal Tribbles
    2x White Tribble
    2x Stacks of Food

Watch the tribble carcasses pile up. Hit up your ship interior and cook some, turn the others in for latinum.

And don't forget the announcement on ESD.
    "Unattended tribbles are an environmental hazard, and will be confiscated by security."
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    edited January 2019

I still got one for every Klingon and allied character from the exchange, just because I could. They sit in the personal banks of those characters, which don't have food in them on any character as a rule.

I think the general rule is that if the Tribble, in the form that you see it in your inventory, is named Tribble with a parenthetical species name after it, it doesn't work for Klingons and their allies. All of the ones with special names should work.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    saurializardsaurializard Member Posts: 4,394 Arc User
    edited January 2019

I still got one for every Klingon and allied character from the exchange, just because I could. They sit in the personal banks of those characters, which don't have food in them on any character as a rule.

I think the general rule is that if the Tribble, in the form that you see it in your inventory, is named Tribble with a parenthetical species name after it, it doesn't work for Klingons and their allies. All of the ones with special names should work.

No, it's funny because this Tribble is named after Al Rivera/CaptainGeko, the Lead Designer of STO.

Considering the perceived lack of support towards Klingon content and behavior in missions in general from the devs, the fact that a pre-order, bonus tribble named after him can't be interacted by Klingon despite being an Epic one and not working well makes this some kind of hilarious and spot-on symbolism.
    #TASforSTO
    Iconian_Trio_sign.jpg?raw=1
This discussion has been closed.