test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Research and Development Weekend!

baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,369 Community Moderator
edited January 2019 in Galactic News Network [PC]
We’re pleased to announce the return of the Research and Development Weekend! This event will run, on all 3 platforms, from Thursday, January 3rd at 8AM PT to Monday, January 7th at 10AM PST, and features several bonuses throughout STO that will give Captains of all levels a leg up advancing their rank in the Research and Development school(s) of their choice.
GrWzQke.png
Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
----> Contact Customer Support <----
Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,178 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    (Off topic comments removed, attempting to circumvent closed threads. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    sheldonlcoopersheldonlcooper Member Posts: 4,042 Arc User
    hmm the calendar says dil for pc. which is it?
    Captain Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, it's all ancient history. Then - before you can blink an eye - suddenly it threatens to start all over again."

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    @baddmoonrizin are you the new Community Manager, now???
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    No, not at all. Just helping out while Kael is on holiday. Blogs can be scheduled to release. Forum threads cannot. :smile:
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    I dare you guys to go 2 weeks without some sort of "limited time event!".
    Get some metrics on how your game is w/o something to hype.
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    > @sheldonlcooper said:
    > hmm the calendar says dil for pc. which is it?

I'm wondering this too. I've got a bunch of mining claims waiting...
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    I'd be disappointed if there's no dil weekend it'd be the 1st dil weekend I've had off this year.

maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    But really, the in-game calendar states tomorrow begins a dilithium boost for the next few days. So which is accurate? The in-game or the forum post?
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    It is "hurry up and wait" all over, again.

Rush through all the events so you can get it over with...and back to what you want to do....then wait for the next event. Half these "events" aren't even real events.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    stupido#5208 stupido Member Posts: 1 New User
    Ahm - we need to know, if it's gorgeous dil or crappy r&d...
  • Options
    ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,571 Arc User
    Dilitium Weekend is for Console only.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,022 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »
    > @sheldonlcooper said:
    > hmm the calendar says dil for pc. which is it?

I'm wondering this too. I've got a bunch of mining claims waiting...
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    But really, the in-game calendar states tomorrow begins a dilithium boost for the next few days. So which is accurate? The in-game or the forum post?
    Ahm - we need to know, if it's gorgeous dil or crappy r&d...
    ltminns wrote: »
    Dilitium Weekend is for Console only.

There's a lot of conflicting info regarding this. On FB it is being said that the dil event and RD event are running together on PC. We will have to wait and see after maintenance.
  • Options
    eazzie wrote: »
    There's a lot of conflicting info regarding this. On FB it is being said that the dil event and RD event are running together on PC. We will have to wait and see after maintenance.

Actually, no. The Facebook posts say that R&D is on all 3 platforms and Dilithium is on consoles not PC. Twitter has the same information. And they both link to the same blogs as in the announcement threads.

GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019

Actually, no. The Facebook posts say that R&D is on all 3 platforms and Dilithium is on consoles not PC. Twitter has the same information. And they both link to the same blogs as in the announcement threads.
    I am on the PC right now and it says dilithim Jan 3rd to Jan 7th. Earn Bonus dilithim this weekend e.c.t both in the PC overview and in the PC calendar. It seems to be a lot of conflicting information as the ingame info which is what most use is not the same as the out of game info.

Furthermore on the Xbox webpage I see both dil and R&D together.
    Post edited by pottsey5g on
  • Options
    ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited January 2019

Not looking to shoot the messenger here Baddmoonrizin but how come social media like twitter can post correct information ? but PWE/Cryptic's own official website and ingame calendar have the wrong info ?.
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • Options
    The In-game Calendar is not known for its 'precision'.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    eazzieeazzie Member Posts: 4,022 Arc User

Actually yes. (removed names of people who have posted as it would be unethical to share their details) Posts on FB. Hence conflicting info.

Post 1. i thought i read on the calander it was Dilithium weekend from january 4 at 4pm - january 7 at 6pm
    Post 2. Both are happening at the same time
    Post 3. They usually run two weekend events at the same time.
  • Options
    Wow, the heck is going on???

• Options
    kamiyama317kamiyama317 Member Posts: 1,295 Arc User
    Will there be an upgrade weekend soon? I'm sitting on a big pile of phoenix upgrades. I'm itching to use them but really want to get that extra boost.
  • Options
    curedmencuredmen Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    We’re pleased to announce the return of the Research and Development Weekend! This event will run, on all 3 platforms, from Thursday, January 3rd at 8AM PT to Monday, January 7th at 10AM PST, and features several bonuses throughout STO that will give Captains of all levels a leg up advancing their rank in the Research and Development school(s) of their choice.

So thanks to ingame calendar on pc my 19 character imigration to the dilimine was waste of time! welldone, welldone!!! Whats next?
  • Options
    Fake News?
    Judge Dan Haywood
    l don't know.
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • Options
    xxtakunixxxxtakunixx Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    I agree also we just had a r&d event that lasted a whole week in november i want the dil weekend that i spent time gearing up for on my calender that was in my pc version of the game not the darn r&d useless weekend i just spent time gearing all my toons up and relocating them for the dil weekend
    \
  • Options
    Ok, so your "lots" of conflicting information is a bunch of random people posting on the internet. :smirk:

OFFICIAL postings on Facebook, Twitter, and PWE/Cryptic website all say the same thing: R&D on all 3 platforms; Dilithium on consoles. The ONLY conflicting information from an OFFICIAL source is the in-game calendar, which is known to have its own issues.
    GrWzQke.png
  • Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited January 2019
    If the R&D weekend was supposed to start at 8am Pacific, I'm not seeing any kind of bonus to mats received from nodes in missions, no extra 10 dil either. No visible bonus in the R&D schools either.

And I just ran an Advanced Crystalline Entity and got no bonus mats from it, either.

I did however get Bonus Dilithium from it, a total of 1080. So it would appear that the bonus Dill weekend is indeed in effect and NOT the R&D weekend.

edited to add:
    where2r1 wrote: »
    So, it appears Dilithium bonus weekend is on PC.

Yes, I forgot to mention my observations were on PC.
    Post edited by iamynaught on
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    So...the in game calendar is correct. Not the Community Managers on Social Media. So, I should be getting 3000 DL for turning in Contraband this weekend? I better get on that.

P.S. Just collected the 3000 DL for Contraband. Add 720 DL for the Lore Question.
    So, it appears Dilithium bonus weekend is on PC.

• Options
    crypticarmsmancrypticarmsman Member Posts: 4,113 Arc User
    LOL - I guess someone serverside inputted the wrong event key or command (That said, I hope it sticks as I'd rather a Dill weekend then another useless R&D one myself.) ;)
    Formerly known as Armsman from June 2008 to June 20, 2012
    TOS_Connie_Sig_final9550Pop.jpg
    PWE ARC Drone says: "Your STO forum community as you have known it is ended...Display names are irrelevant...Any further sense of community is irrelevant...Resistance is futile...You will be assimilated..."
  • Options
    sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User

It may say dilithium weekend, but I am not getting any bonus dilithium.
  • Options
    sukhothai wrote: »

It may say dilithium weekend, but I am not getting any bonus dilithium.

I am. Are you on PC?

• Options
    edited January 2019
    Ok, so your "lots" of conflicting information is a bunch of random people posting on the internet. :smirk:

OFFICIAL postings on Facebook, Twitter, and PWE/Cryptic website all say the same thing: R&D on all 3 platforms; Dilithium on consoles. The ONLY conflicting information from an OFFICIAL source is the in-game calendar, which is known to have its own issues.
    Not just the calendar but also the official game overview pages. Basically everything in game says different to everything out of game. You can hardly blame us for being confused and what known issues with the calendar? EDIT: and it looks like both in game sources are correct after you made it sound like they have issues. I always found the overview and calendar more reliable as they seem to be linked into the code.
This discussion has been closed.