test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

ETA?

Comments

• Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    Maybe Q’s been messing with the foundry to force people to spend more time in his wonderland
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,265 Arc User
    Considering the amount of painting of devils on the walls that happens here I'm surpriced we get any info what so ever. When "working on it can't give ETA at this point but soon" is taken as "they're doing this to insult us and there was no issue to begin with" you really shouldn't be surpriced Cryptic is reluctant to inform us about the progress.
  • Options
    duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Sorry, but Lt. Tardigrade is seeing an imagination plaza and sizable step up from his cardboard box fort/ship of the imagination. He wants his shed back!
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,101 Arc User
    Where be the Foundry?!
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    Latest news from the devs - the foundry has been removed permanently and this whole scheme was concocted just to spite us (sarcasm)
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Start asking after December 6th, when Merc Retro is over.
    Communications flow much better then.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    messicrafter#6700 messicrafter Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    The Foundry is back up, nine weeks later. Yay!
    enjin-1234688-19630790-gray.png
    =/\= Member of Star trek Roleplayers and Former Foundry Author in training. =/\=
  • Options
    > @messicrafter#6700 said:
    > The Foundry is back up, nine weeks later. Yay!

Really?
  • Options
    ashstorm1ashstorm1 Member Posts: 679 Arc User
    > @messicrafter#6700 said:
    > The Foundry is back up, nine weeks later. Yay!

Really?

it was clearly still down when i logged on today,
  • Options
    > @ashstorm1 said:
    > marty123#3757 wrote: »
    >
    > > @messicrafter#6700 said:
    > > The Foundry is back up, nine weeks later. Yay!
    >
    > Really?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > it was clearly still down when i logged on today,

It is randomly back up but broken
  • Options
    messicrafter#6700 messicrafter Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    > @ashstorm1 said:
    > marty123#3757 wrote: »
    >
    > > @messicrafter#6700 said:
    > > The Foundry is back up, nine weeks later. Yay!
    >
    > Really?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > it was clearly still down when i logged on today,

It is randomly back up but broken

It was up when I was getting ready to log off. I took a spin in the editor. Checked the Player Journal, did not do any missions. Going to check for bugs tomorrow.
    enjin-1234688-19630790-gray.png
    =/\= Member of Star trek Roleplayers and Former Foundry Author in training. =/\=
  • Options
    fadamsxiicrypticfadamsxiicryptic Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited December 2018
    I hope its still working when I get home, I've missed the foundry big time.

ETA: And by (insert deity here) its working. I'm super happy.

It looks like its still republishing though, I usually look at SSF, SRS, a couple of short series like the Viper duology, Purity, Photonomy and Omnitabula during republishes after we're alive again to see how far along it is and it looks like its about 1/3 to 1/2 way. As of this edit at 0200 MST SSF missions 1-1, 2-2, 2-3, 3-1 and 3-2 are up. Omnitabula 1 is up, as is all of the Routine/Unsung series, most of Photonomy, most of Purity, and about half of the AEI missions. SRS MRP is completely up so far as I know, but I only started playing those recently (within the past six months) so I'm not as familiar with all of them, Matt may have to c'reckt me if I am wrong about that.

Duncan, you'd better get Lt. Tardigrade, Mr. Wumples, Master Chief Fred, and Cap'n Ji'Goro working on them cookies, you might want to drag Ross and Sontag along if they're not too busy. Perhaps Itrex and Bailey too.
    Post edited by fadamsxiicryptic on
    I am a Starfleet Officer first, but an Intelligence Professional second to none. With pride in my heritage, but focused on the future. Performing the first task of an Army; To find, know and never lose the enemy. With a sense of urgency and of tenacity, professional and physical fitness. And above all: Integrity--for in truth lies victory. Always at Silent War while ready for a shooting war: The silent warrior of the Starfleet team

Original Join Date: 19 December 2010
  • Options
    Sadly it is back but broken completely.

On entering a system, the initial popup dialogue does not appear, in fact the words "Completed" fly across the screen. It is impossible to progress, even though the mission tracker tells you what you are supposed to do next you cannot.

I have tried two missions now, they are both the same, the steps are:

1. Enter mission
    2. Speak with contact
    3. Continue mission

Number 2 is missing.

I have checked both missions in the foundry preview and they work correctly.

Well, that's bad...
  • Options
    josemialotjosemialot Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Another disrespect from cryptic, after 9 weeks of been ignored, they release a broken and untested fix.
  • Options
    karriqkarriq Member Posts: 42 Arc User
    josemialot wrote: »
    Another disrespect from cryptic, after 9 weeks of been ignored, they release a broken and untested fix.

Yeah. 9 weeks of silence and then... Trolling. Its like "you wanted foundry? you got it! Its not working? so what... its back, right?" I really wanted to punch someone in the face after i tried foundry today. :angry:
  • Options
    josemialotjosemialot Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    karriq wrote: »

Yeah. 9 weeks of silence and then... Trolling. Its like "you wanted foundry? you got it! Its not working? so what... its back, right?" I really wanted to punch someone in the face after i tried foundry today. :angry:

A total disrispect, an insult to our faces. But that is something that we should get use to.
  • Options
    I just tried to run some of my own created content in-game, and what mattjohnsonva said above goes for my missions as well : On entering a system, the initial popup dialogue does not appear, and the words "Completed" fly across the screen. You cannot progress, even though the mission tracker tells you what you are supposed to do next.

Sincere question to Cryptic : why did you bring the Foundry back online if it was still non-functional?...

In the meantime, i'll just withdraw the totality of my content for the sake of avoiding negative feedback that would not be deserved. Oh wait ! It's true that with that ongoing "no reward" bug, none of my missions are visible in sector space anyway.

Right?...
  • Options
    redbeard#5284 redbeard Member Posts: 29 Arc User

But look at all the wonderful maps you can fly or walk through, lol. At first I thought it was just a problem with one of my low level toons, but after several toons and several missions I thought, 'Why did they bother putting it up?"

• Options
    zebulongileszebulongiles Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    The Foundry is back offline now, just checked after seeing the most recent posts, still a few more bugs to fix.
  • Options
    fadamsxiicrypticfadamsxiicryptic Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    And its down again. Damn.
    Back to ESO for me for another few days (hopefully), I guess.
    I am a Starfleet Officer first, but an Intelligence Professional second to none. With pride in my heritage, but focused on the future. Performing the first task of an Army; To find, know and never lose the enemy. With a sense of urgency and of tenacity, professional and physical fitness. And above all: Integrity--for in truth lies victory. Always at Silent War while ready for a shooting war: The silent warrior of the Starfleet team

Original Join Date: 19 December 2010
  • Options
    Then may it stay down till it's fixed and working fine again. I'm tired of being given false hopes now.
This discussion has been closed.