test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Is DS9 Broken??

auggiedog1auggiedog1 Member Posts: 106 Arc User
edited October 2018 in PC Gameplay Bug Reports
I have two characters who tried to either beam aboard or dock at DS9 and both times the loading screen froze and I can't get either character back. Anyone have this problem??
Post edited by auggiedog1 on

Answers

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Oh that has been happening for a while. The way to correct it: Turn OFF "On Demand Patching" THEN do a Force Verify from your Launcher.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    ajr62ajr62 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Oh that has been happening for a while. The way to correct it: Turn OFF "On Demand Patching" THEN do a Force Verify from your Launcher.

i hope this works with my Discovery charater
  • Options
    captinaverycaptinavery Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Game keeps crashing every time I try to load my DSC Character, which is now 'stuck' on the transfer to DS9 map. Any idea?
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Game keeps crashing every time I try to load my DSC Character, which is now 'stuck' on the transfer to DS9 map. Any idea?

Do you have "On demand Patching" turned on????
    I been wondering if "On Demand Patching" is the actual culprit to all this.

Anyhoo.... sign out of the game...let it sit for about 15 mins to "reset" the instance.

Meantime: TURN OFF ON DEMAND PATCHING.....then do a Force Verify. Wait for the program to load all files.
    Try signing on to your character at DS9, again.

I have been running the game with On Demand Patching turned off for years. Because I have a high speed internet interface and it does not take long to download everything all at one time. I suggest leaving it off, unless you have issues with downloading huge files.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    captinaverycaptinavery Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    Finally was able to try this and yeah, it did work. But wow, what a weird bug to have. No freezing or stuttering, just flat out crash. Anyhow, thank you for your help.
  • Options
    ajr62ajr62 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    another option and its a worse case one is to do a clean install of the game