test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Skipping missions is awesome!

sophlogimosophlogimo Member Posts: 6,507 Arc User
Seriously, that was a wonderful additon to make the levelling process more interesting. Thank you for adding variety to the game with such a relatively simple step! My new captain is level 12 and fighting the Iconians in "Blood of the Ancients", not doing the same very old and too-often-played missions in the Klingon War arc. :) It is truely fun again to level an alt!
Remember, STO is nothing but a cosmetics game, where only the rule of cool matters. The game mechanics are intentionally out of balance, don't try to "optimize" anything, as it would just frustrate you.
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• Options
    rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Ambivalent.
    I really liked it so that my chars which I tried to advance further in lines, are able now to play everything (quest-line wise, I mean)
    I really liked it so that my delta char which was low level and I was afraid it will be blocked, isn't, and instead can go anywhere and do any mission beside opening reputation slots.

I didn't like not knowing what happens regarding NR area - will I have to do some missions again or not (probably yes, but it's ok, the char is of a low level and wanted to do the missions meanwhile, I just wished to know), will I be able to get the t5 reward, when the time comes, ofc by playing a quest as applicable then (probably yes, since this char wasn't taking Secrets of the Ancients before AoD - and was not and is not of T5 on NR yet)
    I didn't like me trying not to skip missions in NR arc (for a change) and then finishing something and only after it, getting the shuttle code missions for it THEN (was able to replay. I had no reputation then and was at level~30-32 then and played for rep and "play experience"/check, not for T2, reward but it was strange)
    Unsure what I think of NR - not all I've checked there on other tab, if any. I know devs tried to ease the load of work for us there - task "filled" faster for the grinding area reputation tasks (not instance/submit missions), but unsure the right missions were chosen to be removed, for that.

I definitely disliked having to SKIP on all my chars, to get to the point those were. A tedius work unneeded, locking what which should have been unlocked without notice and making one work on all chars to solve this non needed introduced by new contents' lock, even if shortly.

As said, I liked though being able to skip "until the end", if I wanted. To be able to do "everything". Opening missions for alts is definitely nice, as well as enabling higher level arcs for recruits. (OFC I consider the rewards are adjusted to the level, it's fine)

Note: I didn't try a discovery char.
  • Options
    smooshy#7462 smooshy Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Is it now possible to skip Future Proof to get to New Frontiers?
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    yes

P.S.
    Didn't check on an AoY :)
  • Options
    sukhothaisukhothai Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    I skipped through most of all the mission anyways. I always did the mission they removed.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Skip option is great..

I never have to do The Vault or Colosseum ever again.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,513 Arc User
    Since it's Discovery season, that should be "f---ing awesome" followed by "yes ensign it really IS f---ing awesome."
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    tru dat, tho you can skip up to lvl50 only. It would have been freaking cool to level with delta and gamma missions.
    Still kardassians will do it just fine.
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Meh, I won't be skipping.

Me either.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited October 2018
    Thank you very much devs, I can finally skip Future Proof on my alts! No more Ragnarok for me. :)
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I just wanna get back to where I was before everything got moved around.
    And go back to fill in what I missed.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    jamieblanchardjamieblanchard Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    Oh, I am sooo looking forward to trying these all out! I think this makes the game far more fun and interesting for newer toons, as opposed to trudging through the same old, same old for the umpteenth time. Always thought it would be nice for different characters to have different experiences throughout the story. From what I have read here in this thread so far, sounds marvelous on paper. Looking forward to trying in practice!
    Resident TOS, G.I. Joe, Transformers and hair metal fangirl.

And knowing is half the battle!

21 'til I die!
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    bernatk wrote: »
    tru dat, tho you can skip up to lvl50 only. It would have been freaking cool to level with delta and gamma missions.
    Still kardassians will do it just fine.
    My level 32 fed delta char can now play all missions in lines after AoD (OFC without reputation filling) - was it not intended? (It's an alt, I do intend to play missions, no worries)

• Options
    excalibanexcaliban Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Does this mean I can stop Admiral Quinn trying to shove the TRIBBLE(iscovery) missions down my throat?
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Logged on today and yet again admirals quimby, lolkek and chancelor jimpok hailed every character to pester them about doing old missions and the tacked on tfos.

Checked the mission logs, no skip options are showing and most of the arcs start 2-3 mission in.
This discussion has been closed.