test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PC Patch Notes and Maintenance on All Platforms

Comments

• johnl75johnl75 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    My advice... Keep a close second fun game you enjoy close at hand. This has and always will be a Trademark situation in STO. Way i see it the longer they keep servers down, the more things i can spend my money on elsewhere! Their is only 1 BOSS. The CONSUMER. We can fire everyone from the chairman on down the ladder to YOU. By simply spending our money elsewhere...
  • tritan2409tritan2409 Member Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Oooh boy, here we go.

Again. :(
  • fraxiziridiumfraxiziridium Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    why does this always happen? cant they give a realistic update window... where it doesnt go over?
    They havnt gone over yet. They said 5Am-11Am Pacific. Its only 10:17 Pacific atm
  • pultmutterpultmutter Member Posts: 1 New User
    Oh joy, once again the update starts minutes before I get home and ends after all reasonable people have already gone to bed. Well, at least Cryptic is fighting my gaming addiction successfully.
    Im a retired vet. So all i can do is just sit wait and play around Devs blunders
    Sad part. This downtime has nothing to do with Us as PC users. This is all do to the Console updating for Xbox PS4 Etc
  • korithian1korithian1 Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    It seems the down time has increased to 9pm bst but I can't find anything here about it.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    According to the time on the launcher, the maintenance has been extended until 1pm Pacific. So at least another 2.5 hours.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • dcrose1168dcrose1168 Member Posts: 10 New User
    edited September 2018
    Again time is passed but the server is dead :neutral:

Time was extended , reading comprehension is a common skill you may want to invest in. Its posted clearly on the launcher.
    Post edited by dcrose1168 on
    Confirmed... Downtime extended to 1pm pacific now :!
    Whats so frustrating... Not 1 communication from staff regarding any of this downtime.
  • meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    johnl75 wrote: »
    Confirmed... Downtime extended to 1pm pacific now :!

Ext... wha?! LOL. Wasn't 6.5 hours long enough?!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
    Well again this downtime has nothing to do with Pc. This is all do to Console updating. Thus why we have received 0 information. Jump to the console forums and you will see what is going on
  • snazell5snazell5 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    suprise surprise but i bet that they dont extend the breach advent
    Im guessing they got too many Ferengi handling things today.
  • yolduryoldur Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Seriously? EIGHT hours just two days after another long downtime? During an event?! To do what, exactly? Because fixing bugs is apparently not what they do in all those hours. :#:#
  • rodneywollamrodneywollam Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Why does it take nine hours to do routine maintenance plus only those four things?
  • duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    Dm_c3Z-X4AEKWAv.png
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
    Well they usually mail us some form of care pack when these things happen. See what happens after they get things up and going again
  • ussvaliant#6064 ussvaliant Member Posts: 1,006 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    Flurking Schmidt extended to 8 hrs. I guess they couldn't decide during todays visit to the pet store on which hamster to take home with them to run the server

FB says Xbox and PlayStation server maintenance is finished post 13 mins ago. And even has the Support Cruisers added to the C-store for PC to purchase post 1hr ago
    maR4zDV.jpg

Hello rubber banding my old friend, time to bounce around the battlezone again, where are all my bug reports going?, out of love with this game I am falling, As Cryptic fail to acknowledge a problem exists, Shakes an angry fist, And from Support all I'm hearing are the sounds of silence.
  • gameversemangameverseman Member Posts: 1,110 Arc User
    PC Players are the OG... Even a blind person can see the middle finger in this situation. Who gave it first? Who knows
    signature.png
  • anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    Well again this downtime has nothing to do with Pc. This is all do to Console updating. Thus why we have received 0 information. Jump to the console forums and you will see what is going on

There are no console forums, and there is no patch for consoles today, so what are you talking about?
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • angelux#9643 angelux Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Well... I guess I have to actually do some work today. :'(
  • starbreeze0starbreeze0 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Im guessing they got too many Ferengi handling things today.

Im thinking Ferengi would have had this resolved much faster...time is money, they arent making any money when game is down :P
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    edited September 2018
    Meowntenance duration has increased from 6 to 8 hours now (12:00 PM to 20:00 PM GMT). That's a new downtime record for two days plus the eight hours today, I believe. 6 + 8 hours = 14 hours within 56 hours total.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • pork77pork77 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Launcher just showed two more hours than last time I looked, making it a total of 8 hours now. Funny thing is, I remember a time long ago, when the Community Manager would post updates about something like this here, on the official forums. Nowadays, the announcement has the day before yesterday stated as the day this is happening.
    3U3C0SJ.jpg

... and of course, I'd love to have a T5/6 Kamarag, like there is a T5/6 Ambassador.
  • eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    There is an announcement ... in the game launcher. ^^
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • cxeronockxcxeronockx Member Posts: 155 Arc User
    Why does it take nine hours to do routine maintenance plus only those four things?

They have not found any new hamsters, so the management must take over.
This discussion has been closed.