test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can we please let ALL food/drink stack to 999​​

captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User
As per title. Sure would be a nice quality of life improvement. :)
Post edited by baddmoonrizin on

Comments

• davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,501 Arc User
    That would also be nice for lock boxes and for consumables like ship and body repair items, hypos, shields, batteries.

Even if Cryptic is using single-byte storage in the database tables they should be able to increase the stacking for everything that's 20 now to 255.
  • sthe91sthe91 Member Posts: 5,403 Arc User
    I agree with everything said here. Make it so.
    Where there is a Will, there is a Way.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    The only problem I can see with food stacking to 999 is that if you end up with a tribble in your inventory you could end up with a very full inventory very quickly.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
    echatty wrote: »
    The only problem I can see with food stacking to 999 is that if you end up with a tribble in your inventory you could end up with a very full inventory very quickly.

:) that's true, but it's also canon!

• iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    I wish all appropriate items stacked to 999.

Not just the ones already mentioned, but Fleet Commodities especially.

Winter Event baubles would be nice too, though 500 is a large number, 999 would be better.

So much wasted space because we're limited on stack size.

Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    As per title. Sure would be a nice quality of life improvement. :)

AGREED.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • ltminnsltminns Member Posts: 12,569 Arc User
    Also purchase food and drink with a slider and not individually.
    'But to be logical is not to be right', and 'nothing' on God's earth could ever 'make it' right!'
    Judge Dan Haywood
    'As l speak now, the words are forming in my head.
    l don't know.
    l really don't know what l'm about to say, except l have a feeling about it.
    That l must repeat the words that come without my knowledge.'
    Lt. Philip J. Minns
  • sarvour0sarvour0 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    ltminns wrote: »
    Also purchase food and drink with a slider and not individually.

Long Overdue.
    4073703.jpg
    [SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards[/SIGPIC]Sarvour Shipyards
    =A=Commodore Joshua Daniel Sarvour, S.C.E.
    U.S.S. AKAGI NX-93347, Enterprise-class Battle Cruiser =A= U.S.S. T'KORA'S WRATH NX-110047, Odyssey-class Battle Cruiser

"There Ain't No Grave, Can Hold My Body Down..."

PS - I fully support a T6 Nova, fixing the Nova skins. I am also rooting for a T6 Science Cruiser, that can use Nova/Rhode Island skins.
    T6 Nova/Rhode Island, T6 Oberth & T6 Constellation are needed. Also needed a T6 Science Cruiser, that can wear any Science or Cruiser skin.
  • sirmaydaysirmayday Member Posts: 535 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I see the appeal of items having higher stacking limits across the board, but do recall that Cryptic is very quietly trying to sell you inventory space increases, too. Given the variability in stack limits, I have to think they're calculated choices, likely related (at least to some extent) to inventory expansion sales.
    sirmayday wrote: »
    I see the appeal of items having higher stacking limits across the board, but do recall that Cryptic is very quietly trying to sell you inventory space increases, too. Given the variability in stack limits, I have to think they're calculated choices, likely related (at least to some extent) to inventory expansion sales.

Maybe, but in many cases it's more likely old code that hasn't been looked at in years.

Today at work I fixed a data check that assumed the current year for our site license was <= 2019, which failed because a customer just renewed through 2020. That code was written in 2006.

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    You know... I just had something go through my head.

Pray you don't have a Tribble because...
    tribbles-gif-11.gif
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
    rattler2 wrote: »

tribbles-gif-11.gif

@echatty beat you to it (above), but without the nice GIF :)
  • galattgalatt Member Posts: 707 Arc User
    > @davefenestrator said:
    > echatty wrote: »
    >
    > The only problem I can see with food stacking to 999 is that if you end up with a tribble in your inventory you could end up with a very full inventory very quickly.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > :) that's true, but it's also canon!

Let's turn this into an advantage. Let us craft a console that lets us beam tribbles onboard enemy ships. Have them mess with their power settings.
    sig_picture_resize_by_gx_9901-db9d1v1.png
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User

tribbles-gif-11.gif

Confirmed: 999 is canon!
  • mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User

tribbles-gif-11.gif

Confirmed: 999 is canon!

But only on a space station. So the stack limit should apply to the fleet bank?
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,626 Arc User

But only on a space station. So the stack limit should apply to the fleet bank?

Well, technically your inventory is ship's storage - so 999 works great for captains. :)

• rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 57,969 Community Moderator
    Eh... on the ground I prefer to see inventory as a pattern buffer on your belt, ala Elite Force. Basically the Sci Fi version of the Magic Bag of Holding.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • jtoney3448jtoney3448 Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    sthe91 wrote: »
    I agree with everything said here. Make it so.

• echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User

tribbles-gif-11.gif

@echatty beat you to it (above), but without the nice GIF :)

LOL. I loved that episode.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
This discussion has been closed.