test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Cutting The Cord mission never works past the first cut scene with Hakeev

arkle#8984 arkle Member Posts: 78 Arc User
Tried for a few months, with two different characters. My Federation character had it the worst, with several crashes before even getting to Hakeev, but it crashing the worst during his first cutscene. With my Klingon character it was just a little jittery, but then crashed during that same scene. During the same dialogue now that I think about it. To date I've never been able to complete that mission; I've just had to skip it.
Characters: Rida Vodad (Trill), Niana (Orion), Karak'Son (Jem'Hadar), Jhanel Aphram (Andorian), Tevana (Romulan), Anahera Ngata (Human), Choadesh (Alien), Manek (Reman), C'Reta (Ferrasan), Kamak'Zun (Jem'Hedar), Joyal Krin (Cardassian), and Lur'Ast (Klingon).
Tumblr: thehumanarkle.tumblr.com
Twitter: @G33kOfAllTrades
YouTube: youtube.com/user/arklestudios
AO3 Pseudonym: ZeusParker
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    Tried it again recently, after over a month and a few updates. It not only still crashed, it crashed earlier than all the other times. This was my 6th or 7th attempt. Luckily, I was able to find the story relevant cutscenes on YouTube. This mission is just plain F'ed.
    Characters: Rida Vodad (Trill), Niana (Orion), Karak'Son (Jem'Hadar), Jhanel Aphram (Andorian), Tevana (Romulan), Anahera Ngata (Human), Choadesh (Alien), Manek (Reman), C'Reta (Ferrasan), Kamak'Zun (Jem'Hedar), Joyal Krin (Cardassian), and Lur'Ast (Klingon).
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,512 Arc User
    edited September 2018
    I played through this with my Romulan - Federation liberated borg captain a week or two ago and did not get any crashes. I've also played through it with a bunch of other fed, kdf and Romulan captains and I don't recall it being one of the buggy ones.

Are you getting crashes in other story missions? If so, this might be some issue with your PC.

It might also be a bug that is only triggered with something specific that you're using that I'm not, like a particular ship or ship gear visuals (space) or uniform or gear (ground) that is triggering rendering bugs when "you" are added into the cutscene.
  • Options
    Are you getting crashes in other story missions? If so, this might be some issue with your PC.

A few times the game has crashed during another mission, but those missions it only ever happened once and didn't happen again on future plays/re-plays. Cutting The Cord is the only one that crashes consistently. It has never not crashed. Some missions crash, I re-start the game, and they work fine. Most missions don't crash at all (not counting times the Internet has gone out, but that's AT&T, not the game). The equipment thing would be a good possibility, had I not had it happen with several separate characters (two main Federation, one 23rd Century Federation, one Klingon faction, not in that order), each one with different uniforms, weapons, and ships.