test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Game crashing on exit

arkle#8984 arkle Member Posts: 78 Arc User
Twice today, and once yesterday, the game crashed while I was leaving it. I clicked Exit Game, I clicked OK to confirm, and then the whole thing locks up. I have to Ctrl+Alt+Del and open Task Manager to actually get the crash message and finally get out of the game. Obviously as this is happening while I'm leaving the game it's not maddening since I'm not losing any progress in a mission or a battle, but still, it shouldn't be doing this. Trying to leave the game should be as simple as leaving the game without having to go through extra steps to actually get out.
Characters: Rida Vodad (Trill), Niana (Orion), Karak'Son (Jem'Hadar), Jhanel Aphram (Andorian), Tevana (Romulan), Anahera Ngata (Human), Choadesh (Alien), Manek (Reman), C'Reta (Ferrasan), Kamak'Zun (Jem'Hedar), Joyal Krin (Cardassian), and Lur'Ast (Klingon).
Tumblr: thehumanarkle.tumblr.com
Twitter: @G33kOfAllTrades
YouTube: youtube.com/user/arklestudios
AO3 Pseudonym: ZeusParker

Comments

• Options
    arkle#8984 arkle Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    And it just did it to me again today. Three times in a row, crashing when I click OK after clicking Exit Game. This is a really odd problem. Shouldn't exiting the game, be it for just a break or being done for the day be as simple as;

1: Click Exit
    2: Confirm exit.
    3: Back to desktop?

Instead I get

1: Click Exit
    2: Confirm exit.
    3: Screen locks up and does nothing for a minute
    4: Alt+Tab doesn't work
    5: Ctrl+Alt+Del
    6: Open Task Manager
    7: Finally see the "Game Has Stopped Working alert.
    8: Click "Close the program."
    9: Back to desktop
    Characters: Rida Vodad (Trill), Niana (Orion), Karak'Son (Jem'Hadar), Jhanel Aphram (Andorian), Tevana (Romulan), Anahera Ngata (Human), Choadesh (Alien), Manek (Reman), C'Reta (Ferrasan), Kamak'Zun (Jem'Hedar), Joyal Krin (Cardassian), and Lur'Ast (Klingon).
    Tumblr: thehumanarkle.tumblr.com
    Twitter: @G33kOfAllTrades
    YouTube: youtube.com/user/arklestudios
    AO3 Pseudonym: ZeusParker