What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

When did you start playing STO?

13»

Comments

• Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,367 Arc User
    Should it be a concern that three-quarters of those responding said they joined 2012 or before, and 90% joined before 2015? It could be good if that means STO is holding its players, but if it pretty much can't attract new players ...
    Doesn't really mean anything. You might be surprised how many people, both new and seasoned vets, have no idea we even have forums.
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Should it be a concern that three-quarters of those responding said they joined 2012 or before, and 90% joined before 2015? It could be good if that means STO is holding its players, but if it pretty much can't attract new players ...

Or, it could just mean the more active posters (the ones even reading this thread) tend to be veterans, thus, by nature, having signed on at an early stage.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    captainkenny1captainkenny1 Member Posts: 326 Arc User
    I started in October 2012 after visiting the cryptic booth at Star Trek destination London, got 2 leeta doff codes back then
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Or, it could just mean the more active posters (the ones even reading this thread) tend to be veterans, thus, by nature, having signed on at an early stage.

I think that's exactly what it is. Most of the people that post here are people that have been around for a while. New players stop by to ask questions, but then most seem to move on. Seems that Reddit is the more popular place for newer players hence the skewed poll results.

Still, it shows what many of us already knew, that the transition to F2P as well as the Legacy of Romulus expansion really brought the game back from the dead. Many players (myself included) still consider LOR to be the Golden Age of STO.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    rednecktrekrednecktrek Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    I started in Closed Beta due to a special offer that if you bought a LTS for Champions Online you got a key for the closed beta. I bought the LTS for STO pretty early on. I take long breaks but come back from time to time to play. It has been fun reading these posts and recognizing names "from the past".
  • Options
    sovereign010sovereign010 Member Posts: 636 Arc User
    I started in October 2012 after visiting the cryptic booth at Star Trek destination London, got 2 leeta doff codes back then
    I was at that 2012 convention at ExCeL London, didn't see any Cryptic booth. I actually printed off a screenshot of my main character in case I encountered any other players! :D Ah for the days when I only had a handful of toons...
  • Options
    momoffour#2334 momoffour Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    2018 Just recently. I found the game on xbox and started playing on there and found out that it can be played on PC so I just downloaded it to computer!
  • Options
    darakossdarakoss Member Posts: 850 Arc User
    edited August 2018
    Started early season 2 with the Digital Deluxe Starter Pack simply for the Connie and the TOS uniforms and the massive error of trying Terradome by myself.....

i-dont-always-funny-meme.jpg
    original join date 2010

Member: Team Trekyards. Visit Trekyards today!
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Back end of 2010, but i didn't really get into it until 2011 though.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    sevenofnine13141sevenofnine13141 Member Posts: 4,272 Arc User
    Started STO with Legacy of Romulus in 2013, I still play a lot. On both PC and Xbox One - the latter, I only just recently got started on.
    | State of the Federation |
    The German Empire
    Founded 2413
    Leader: S. Raneson
    de_pr2.gif
This discussion has been closed.