test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game crashing during zone ins to instances.

alaric63alaric63 Member Posts: 203 Arc User
For a three or more weeks, I have been experiencing frequent game crashes when zoning into instanced maps. i.e. Zaria, Breen Patrol, Japori system, ect. This happens three to four times a day as I travel around doing missions.

Can I get a hint on how to make this stop? I end up late for the party for RA's and STF's frequently enough to become embarrassed. I would be happy if someone could point out any issue I can take care of on my own. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• unplayaunplaya Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    having the same problems here have not heard anything from my ingame bug report and i am fool enough to have a lifetime sub so fingers crosses they give enough of a damb to fix this as it is quite frustrating to be paying for this game and not being able to enjoy the gameplay.
  • where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    I was getting occasional crashes...I went in the STO Launcher options and switched to 32-bit.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
    I am not seeing any odd crashes, any more. That is ok by my book.

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • batdoodbatdood Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I don't have game crashing but if you're referring to disconnects then I get them quite frequently lately when re-zoming. Especially when I queue for CCA. Nine times out of ten I load into the queue late and the Crystaline Entity is pretty much destroyed by the time I log back in. It's pretty frustrating but they're easy Nukara marks and mats these days. It's unfortunate that they come due to the players who actually got in properly seeing as how I would actually like to PLAY in the queue.
    It's not a bug - it's a feature.
    > @batdood said:
    > I don't have game crashing but if you're referring to disconnects then I get them quite frequently lately when re-zoming. Especially when I queue for CCA. Nine times out of ten I load into the queue late and the Crystaline Entity is pretty much destroyed by the time I log back in. It's pretty frustrating but they're easy Nukara marks and mats these days. It's unfortunate that they come due to the players who actually got in properly seeing as how I would actually like to PLAY in the queue.
    > It's not a bug - it's a feature.

I would try switching to the 32-bit in the launcher and see if it makes a difference for your problem, also.

• batdoodbatdood Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I've tried switching to 32-bit and it doesn't work. Still get disconnects on CCA. It's almost as if Cryptic busted that queue in an update or something. I never used to have this issue ever before. Yes, I used to get the occasional disconnect but with CCA it's almost guaranteed.

edited July 2018
    batdood wrote: »
    I've tried switching to 32-bit and it doesn't work. Still get disconnects on CCA. It's almost as if Cryptic busted that queue in an update or something. I never used to have this issue ever before. Yes, I used to get the occasional disconnect but with CCA it's almost guaranteed.

You mean Cryptic busted CCA queue in some unique and specific way, so it just effects a subset of players that includes you.

Anyhoo...you need to isolate what makes your set up unique and specific so they know where to start looking....or you are gonna just "be spitting into the wind".

Try making a list of things you have tried on your computer to get it to stop doing it??? They may be able to go from there.

• ekypyrosekypyros Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    batdood wrote: »

Thats can be Happen effect :
    Bad Internet Connection in Moment (Router Reset)
    Slow Hard disk and Enabled Logging (Turn Off Logging Move Sto to Faster Device)
    Many GFX Effect Spam (Set your Ingame Effect Quality lower and Shadow and Max shatter parts all must be maybe lower)
    To low RAM Amount (Enable Data Streaming Option in STO Ingame Options)

I hope this help a little !
    greetz

EKY
  • captyoung01captyoung01 Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    I havent experienced any crashes but I am getting allot of rubberbanding here.
  • ekypyrosekypyros Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    I havent experienced any crashes but I am getting allot of rubberbanding here.
    Hmm make Router(modem) Restart Off/on
    Turn off Data Streaming ingame option (when enough Memory build in)
    Post the Support a Tracer Route and see what they say
    Here to post --->https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/startrekonline#/categories/c401

Last wrost case (change your ISP)