test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Recommendation that D'Kyr, Vulcan Science Vessel be upgraded to T6

The Vulcan science vessel was one of the first C-Store ships released back in 2010-11. Since then, a power creep has made her irrelevant today comparing her against other science vessels. Up grade token doesn't give her 11 console slots only 10. I'd like to see a T6 version (Temporal). If not a Fleet version which has 11 consoles.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    mneme0mneme0 Member Posts: 498 Arc User
    I want to see a miracle worker ship. Too many temporal, intel, and pilot already.
  • Options
    protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,986 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    It would be nice to see an updated version. I own the original and love it's unique design. With Vulcans being a pretty important race in Star Trek you'd think they'd get at least one end game Tier 6 fleet-able ship. At least my other favourite, the Karfi, is Tier 5 fleet upgrade-able (T5-FU :) ) for 11 consoles. There are many other unique older ships that people have been asking for updated versions though, with many threads such as yours. Perhaps one day™

https://arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/1025760-featured-ship_-the-vulcan-d___kyr
    Post edited by protoneous on
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    They are more likely to make more homebaked ships than upgrade existing canon ships.
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    I certainly wouldn't object to a new Vulcan design. One which would permit, if we owned it, the D'Kyr costume to be used as well. Clearly, this would necessitate a new purchase by the player's and I'm fine with that.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    *points at T6 MMSV* Yes, it's a ROMULAN design, and the ring is a Singularity containment device instead of a warp drive.... Enh, it's a T6 Science ship that mostly looks like a D'Kyr.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    *points at T6 MMSV* Yes, it's a ROMULAN design, and the ring is a Singularity containment device instead of a warp drive.... Enh, it's a T6 Science ship that mostly looks like a D'Kyr.

However, while the Republic MSSV Bundle is cross-faction, this suggestion would effectively permit a D'Kyr with singularity core/powers and fighter support. Plus a Battle Cloak. Would that be a good thing? Or would a T6 D'Kyr variant sport something more Vulcan than a warp ring?
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I think the Suurok class would be interesting.
  • Options
    blitzy4blitzy4 Member Posts: 839 Arc User
    psiameese wrote: »

However, while the Republic MSSV Bundle is cross-faction, this suggestion would effectively permit a D'Kyr with singularity core/powers and fighter support. Plus a Battle Cloak. Would that be a good thing? Or would a T6 D'Kyr variant sport something more Vulcan than a warp ring?

I'd welcome a couple of federation ships with a singularity core so they'd give me a reason to make the core's for a ship, but they could always make them red and drop the cloak in favor of more shields or something.
    jKixCmJ.jpg
    "..and like children playing after sunset, we were surrounded by darkness." -Ruri Hoshino