test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Polaron now has TWO mission-based 360-polaron weapons, but Plasma still has none.

13»

Comments

• Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Checked overflow and it wasn't there, either the item or the overflow itself as I never leave the inventory clogged prior to logging a character off.

(Trolling comments moderated out. - BMR)
    Post edited by baddmoonrizin on
  • Options
    kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    Plasma beams serve an important role in the game. Their purpose is to make the other beams look tougher. Tetryon may be good for this, too. Here are some stats about ship beam types and sets. (Anything grouped together, count the following number for each.)
    Reputation sets:
    Polaron: 3
    Disruptor, antiproton: 2
    Phaser, tetryon, plasma: 1
    Mission reward sets w/omni:
    Polaron: 1 (or 2, depending on how you count this new thing)
    Plasma: 0
    Everything else: 1
    mission sets without an omni:
    Disruptor: 2
    Phaser: 1
    Plasma and everything else: 0
    Totals from above:
    Disruptor: 5
    Polaron: 5
    Phaser: 3
    Antiproton: 3
    Tetryon: 2
    Plasma: 1
    These numbers do not include the lobi sets, which are very expensive and arguably not as effective. Also, these numbers do not take into account which sets or energy types are more powerful or useful. Polaron may be the most improved player, while phaser, disruptor and antiproton have all competed for the top spot. I've never heard it said that tetryon nor plasma were the best in the game. I wish I was wrong. I would love for plasma and tetryon to be equal to the others.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    That's why I use whatever I feel like using, no matter which toon I'm using. There's really no appreciable difference in performance.

Except that Quantum Phase Torpedo, that thing rocks, IMO.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    kronin#4685 kronin Member Posts: 325 Arc User
    If you two can make ships work with any type of beam, then you are both better players than me. (I hope you were amused with my sense of humor, not my point of view.) I've tried many builds, and really, only a few have worked for me. When I choose a beam type for a ship, I ask two questions. 1) What sets work with this beam type? 2) What can this beam type do for this build that no other beam can? In my hands, I find some sets work a lot better than others. Using generic gear, I don't see a noticeable difference between beam types, either. But the quantum phase set is a way better set than the Romulan plasma set. Thus, I would say phasers are better, because one can build a better ship with them. For me, plasma and tetryon don't have any satisfying answers to my above questions. I think these beam types need help.
    echatty, I didn't get to thank you for posting your tetryon build on that other thread before they closed it. Some of your gear doesn't fit my play style, but I did take some notes. Once I unlock the new Vorgon cruiser, I will take another shot at a tetryon build, and I'll let you know how it goes. I really hope the devs give us a mission reward plasma omni, and that it is part of a set that uses a direct fire torpedo. I hate plasma and tricobalts.
  • Options
    lianthelialianthelia Member Posts: 7,825 Arc User
    They haven't care about Romulans or Plasma for a long time now...
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    If you two can make ships work with any type of beam, then you are both better players than me. (I hope you were amused with my sense of humor, not my point of view.) I've tried many builds, and really, only a few have worked for me. When I choose a beam type for a ship, I ask two questions. 1) What sets work with this beam type? 2) What can this beam type do for this build that no other beam can? In my hands, I find some sets work a lot better than others. Using generic gear, I don't see a noticeable difference between beam types, either. But the quantum phase set is a way better set than the Romulan plasma set. Thus, I would say phasers are better, because one can build a better ship with them. For me, plasma and tetryon don't have any satisfying answers to my above questions. I think these beam types need help.
    echatty, I didn't get to thank you for posting your tetryon build on that other thread before they closed it. Some of your gear doesn't fit my play style, but I did take some notes. Once I unlock the new Vorgon cruiser, I will take another shot at a tetryon build, and I'll let you know how it goes. I really hope the devs give us a mission reward plasma omni, and that it is part of a set that uses a direct fire torpedo. I hate plasma and tricobalts.

You're welcome. I don't go looking for specific things when I build, I'm not a space rich person by any means, so I use what I have and it generally works.

I plan on moving all that stuff to my new ship when I get it too. I'm interested in trying it out. I hope you have better luck with yours.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    I pick weapons based on color, game's too easy to care too much about stats it's all the same.