test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Polaron now has TWO mission-based 360-polaron weapons, but Plasma still has none.

Comments

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    tigeraries wrote: »
    It's a Heavy Turret not an Omni. The shifting thing only works on Dominion ships & the Cardi Galor... so for Fed Rom & KDF ships... it's only a heavy turret. And the shape shifting only works when the abilities are active... at other times it's back to being a turret.

That's just incorrect on so many levels. Having actually used it, I can tell you that on my Temporal Multi Mission Science Vessel, I can activate Fire at Will and the weapon will change into a beam array (Complete with a buff icon on the status bar), and it will stay that way until I either activate a cannon ability or change maps.

Please don't spread misinformation like that.

it's listed on the item itself... read the item description. for me when I got the item I read it and it says it after the "**" text.
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Junk decision on auto removing the Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon from our ships.
    You guys have no consistency with your items. Can have it on yesterday, but not today because "reasons".
    We can have two (2) 360* beams equipped at once: one (1) crafted, and one (1) mission reward; and
    as many turrets we want, and the Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon is a Turret by your own design.
    It says "Heavy Morphogenic Polaron Turret", and only one (1) at a time, because it's a mission reward.
    Yet we can not equip it for some reason, it is not a 360* Omni-directional beam array, it is a turret.
    However, we can equip, with no issues, our Antichroniton Infused Tetryon Turret, which is also a mission reward, and limited to one (1) per ship. I think you guys should really reverse this decision.

Edit, this was in its own post, with multiple responses already, and nothing about energy types, not sure why it was merged with this thread.

Post edited by gizmox64 on
  • Options
    pottsey5gpottsey5g Member Posts: 4,177 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    One per ship makes sense but limiting it to one and not with other mission omni its going to far. For me it has now gone to useful to junk as I cannot use it. Not that I cared about the weapon itself, was only going to fit it for the set bonus. Now I may as well skip the rest of the set and skip the weekly mission reply.
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    There isn't even a reason to keep omnis restricted anyway. They're already weaker than normal beams, and mission set turrets are freely available to use as many as you want. Not a fun change.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    It's the season for dodgy decisions.
  • Options
    disqord#9557 disqord Member Posts: 567 Arc User
    It's a Heavy Turret not an Omni. The shifting thing only works on Dominion ships & the Cardi Galor... so for Fed Rom & KDF ships... it's only a heavy turret. And the shape shifting only works when the abilities are active... at other times it's back to being a turret.

That's just incorrect on so many levels. Having actually used it, I can tell you that on my Temporal Multi Mission Science Vessel, I can activate Fire at Will and the weapon will change into a beam array (Complete with a buff icon on the status bar), and it will stay that way until I either activate a cannon ability or change maps.

it's listed on the item itself... read the item description. for me when I got the item I read it and it says it after the "**" text.

I read the item description on the day it came out and I know for a fact it never mentioned only working on Dominion/Cardassian ships, nor did it say it would go back to turret mode after the beam ability expires.

Further, I've tested it, and it worked exactly how I described it. Unless they changed the weapon in the past few days, it's not exclusive or temporary.
  • Options

I read the item description on the day it came out and I know for a fact it never mentioned only working on Dominion/Cardassian ships, nor did it say it would go back to turret mode after the beam ability expires.

Further, I've tested it, and it worked exactly how I described it. Unless they changed the weapon in the past few days, it's not exclusive or temporary.

Someone raised it to Epic... either on Live or Test server. Here is the link of the pic, middle image.

https://i.imgur.com/9bmKoX6.jpg

(**only works on Jem'Hadar Vessels and the Cardassian Galor)
  • Options
    imperatorpaveliimperatorpaveli Member Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Might that be the Jem'Hadar 3-piece bonus? I know one of the bonuses from that set only works on Jem ships and the Galor.

Edit: Yeah, the 1% chance to strip a buff when one is using polaron weaponry is the "Victory Is Life" bonus for the Jem'Hadar set.
  • Options
    Might that be the Jem'Hadar 3-piece bonus? I know one of the bonuses from that set only works on Jem ships and the Galor.

dunno could be? the toons I ran thru this are all either newish JHD or lowbie toons to score the turret for use. have not actually tried the shifting thingie... but noticed the ** blurb. not sure why some folks dont see it.
  • Options
    Mighty morphin power "turret" has now been consigned to languish on the shuttle.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    gizmox64 wrote: »
    Junk decision on auto removing the Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon from our ships.
    You guys have no consistency with your items. Can have it on yesterday, but not today because "reasons".
    We can have two (2) 360* beams equipped at once: one (1) crafted, and one (1) mission reward; and
    as many turrets we want, and the Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon is a Turret by your own design.
    It says "Heavy Morphogenic Polaron Turret", and only one (1) at a time, because it's a mission reward.
    Yet we can not equip it for some reason, it is not a 360* Omni-directional beam array, it is a turret.
    However, we can equip, with no issues, our Antichroniton Infused Tetryon Turret, which is also a mission reward, and limited to one (1) per ship. I think you guys should really reverse this decision.

Edit, this was in its own post, with multiple responses already, and nothing about energy types, not sure why it was merged with this thread.

Awesome news that we can't equip the special weapon! /s Now I wont have to replay "Home" to get the set and upgrade it all for my polaron builds. :s

So can we not equip both of these mission 360s at the same time or did I read the patch notes wrong?

Omni-Directional Chronometric Polaron Beam Array - "Time and Tide"
    Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon - "Home"
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User

^^ That's very likely it.

Also, that wep list '+50 Armor pen with torps.' So, yeah, whatever that picture was, the "only works on Jem'Hadar Vessels and the Cardassian Galor)" is definitely not pertaining to the fiing mode of the new Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    gizmox64 wrote: »

Awesome news that we can't equip the special weapon! /s Now I wont have to replay "Home" to get the set and upgrade it all for my polaron builds. :s

So can we not equip both of these mission 360s at the same time or did I read the patch notes wrong?

That appears to be the way Cryptic wants it to be with 360 beams. You get one crafted, one mission reward per loadout. I believe it's the same with the multiple types of phaser and disruptor omnis that have already been released, though I don't know how lockbox omnis figure in EDIT: It appears from looking at the wiki that lockbox omnis share their lockout with crafted, so either/or. Don't ask me why they did it that way, I don't know.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    Forgot to check earlier but have they renamed the weapon so it's not a called a turret?
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    Forgot to check earlier but have they renamed the weapon so it's not a called a turret?

AFAIK it's currently called a "Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon".
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    Edit: Yeah, the 1% chance to strip a buff when one is using polaron weaponry is the "Victory Is Life" bonus for the Jem'Hadar set.

Indeed. "Victory Is Life" is the name of the set bonus, so I can see the confusion. But yeah, it has nothing to do with "Victory Is Life", the Expansion.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    asuran14asuran14 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    starswordc wrote: »

AFAIK it's currently called a "Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon".

The item is called a "Morphogenic Polaron Energy Weapon", but actually if you look further down in the item's stat list it does actually say "heavy Morphogenic Polaron turret" also as of the july third patching. Though i find it weird that being listed as a "heavy turret "has made it that you can not use it with other polaron omni arrays, as in the case of the other mission reward omni-array an heavy turret rewards could be actually slotted on the same ship together (with only one counting for the set though).
  • Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User
    avoozuul wrote: »
    We don't even have a fully plasma plasma torpedo yet either, only a kinetic one with additional plasma damage.
    There is a "plasma" plasma torpedo in the Lobi Store; the Plasmatic Biomatter Torpedo Launcher.

I will have to compare the two weapons and their associated sets and bonuses before I decide which one to go with. I did not think this change would be very popular.
  • Options
    Polaron now has 4 reps linked with it.

I went to look at the "revamped" weapon but it appears that it wasn't just removed from my ship but it was removed from that characters collection entirely. Great way to make people lose interest in a longwinded mission.
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User

Correct, we can't equip both, even though one is NOT a 360* Omni-Dir. beam, but a turret ("Heavy Morphogenic Polaron Turret"), and we can equip a mission turret with no issues such as the (Antichroniton Infused Tetryon Turret)

• Options
    redvengeredvenge Member Posts: 1,425 Arc User

I went to look at the "revamped" weapon but it appears that it wasn't just removed from my ship but it was removed from that characters collection entirely. Great way to make people lose interest in a longwinded mission.
    The patch notes said it was relocated to the "Overflow" tab on your inventory screen. If it was not, then it's a bug and you should report it.
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    Yeah, check your overflow bag, that's where they were supposed to be relocated.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    It's NOT a turret. It's a unique special weapon with 360º cannon and beam firing modes.

Either way, it is subject to an equipment restriction that Cryptic in their sole discretion have seen fit to apply to it, for the same and/or a different reason than other items featuring similar restrictions, that they have not seen fit to publicly explain. Nitpicking about the sematics of it's stat sheet has no bearing whatsoever on the matter.
  • Options

Wow, this is one of the rare occasions where I can say I saw that coming. And I had already unslotted the weapon prior to the 'fix' -- just in case. And a good thing too, as I had mine at Epic already.

P.S. And always make it part of your standard routine to set Protection to 'on', the moment you received your wep/gear.
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    drakethewhitedrakethewhite Member Posts: 1,240 Arc User
    meimeitoo wrote: »

Wow, this is one of the rare occasions where I can say I saw that coming. And I had already unslotted the weapon prior to the 'fix' -- just in case. And a good thing too, as I had mine at Epic already.

P.S. And always make it part of your standard routine to set Protection to 'on', the moment you received your wep/gear.

It's likely in his overflow bag, mine was.

The change sucks, but I did sort of expect it. Really TRIBBLE up my Polaron build however as now I have to lose the full set bonus for the Chronometric Calculations Set I spent time getting. Not that it's really that awesome or anything- but I like theme builds.

• Options
    warpangel wrote: »
    It's NOT a turret. It's a unique special weapon with 360º cannon and beam firing modes.

Either way, it is subject to an equipment restriction that Cryptic in their sole discretion have seen fit to apply to it, for the same and/or a different reason than other items featuring similar restrictions, that they have not seen fit to publicly explain. Nitpicking about the sematics of it's stat sheet has no bearing whatsoever on the matter.
    Umm it's been tested... it's a cannon. 360 degree so a turret.

go to system space... remove all tac consoles. slot a beam tac console... does the dmg go up? now swap in a cannon tac console... dmg listed goes up. cannon based turret.

unless they changed things with the last patch and made it so both cannon and beam tac consoles work with it... which I have not heard about. it is a cannon based weapon that can be affected by both cannon and beam tac skills (Fire at Will, Overload, Rapidfire & Scatter Volley).
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    warpangel wrote: »

Umm it's been tested... it's a cannon. 360 degree so a turret.

go to system space... remove all tac consoles. slot a beam tac console... does the dmg go up? now swap in a cannon tac console... dmg listed goes up. cannon based turret.

unless they changed things with the last patch and made it so both cannon and beam tac consoles work with it... which I have not heard about. it is a cannon based weapon that can be affected by both cannon and beam tac skills (Fire at Will, Overload, Rapidfire & Scatter Volley).
    <sigh>

Whatever. :disappointed:
  • Options
    burstorionburstorion Member Posts: 1,750 Arc User
    I can see why it falls foul of the omni rule due to its operation - if you use faw/overload it will stay as an omni beam until a cannon power is used, to the point an omni beams higher damage to a heavy turret is reflected in the tooltip (afaik, once transformed it begins using the beam consoles, but not until the fist faw/bo transforms it so the initial hit will be at cannon level)

This means on a beamboat it will effetcively be an omni 100% of the time - if it reverted to a cannon once it fired its beams then there would be less issue but as it is, once a fire mode is cast, it becomes that omni/turret type

While I dislike the omni limits (like it'd really affect faw...and personally if I was making omnis, I'd reduce their damage to pay for the extra arc and let them be unlimited), I understand in the context of the rules why the morph weapon fell foul.