test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Should Traits and Skills Be Included With Loadouts?

It's that time again! :]

Should Traits and Skills Be Included With Loadouts? 53 votes

Yes
83%
talonxvcoldnapalmbejaymacreyan01meimeitoodarkknightucfbloodyriztousseauarliekkosseaofsorrowspwstolemynametunebreakerdragnridrpeterconnorfirstgizmox64farginwarkyle223catantiquesroadshowmainaschloopdoo 44 votes
No
16%
baddmoonrizineazziewhere2r1kodachikunoseriousdavedarthoricifrocintrennanleemwatson 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    scrooge69scrooge69 Member Posts: 1,108 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Yes
    pls dont meddle with it.... I rememebr when they announced to change hwo it is saved and i wanred every1 here to make screens in case of traits going missing...

then some traits went missing ... i had screens

the support confirmed the bug..it was fixed

and i still didnt get em back.....

(some hundred MIL that time)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    Yes
    I dream of the day that I can click a loadout and not have anything left over i have to do to get my ship ready.
  • Options
    kodachikunokodachikuno Member Posts: 6,020 Arc User1
    No
    traits yes, skills no
  • Options
    talonxvtalonxv Member Posts: 4,257 Arc User
    Yes
    Heck yes. There are times I want my beam traits and others I want cannons.

Plus half the time my traits get wiped and I have to redo them. Quite annoying.
    afMSv4g.jpg
    Star Trek Battles member. Want to roll with a good group of people regardless of fleets and not have to worry about DPS while doing STFs? Come join the channel and join in the fun!

http://forum.arcgames.com/startrekonline/discussion/1145998/star-trek-battles-channel-got-canon/p1
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Yes
    That would help a great deal, same would count for a special reserve roster for doffs so they don’t happen to be on assignments when you need em.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    meimeitoomeimeitoo Member Posts: 12,594 Arc User
    Yes
    Hella yes!
    3lsZz0w.jpg
  • Options
    peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Yes
    That would help a great deal, same would count for a special reserve roster for doffs so they don’t happen to be on assignments when you need em.

That's a great suggestion.

Thank you. :)
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • Options
    pwstolemynamepwstolemyname Member Posts: 1,417 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Yes
    If we are adding a reserve roster for doffs(which i approve of), I want a reserve inventory for gear. it shouldn't be that difficult, just put anything that's set to 'protected' in its own tab, and deduct the number of slots used from the normal tab.
  • Options
    seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    No
    Would I like that? Yes defenitely.
    Do I belive they could do it without weeks or months of total mayhem? God no. :D
  • Options
    bejaymacbejaymac Member Posts: 448 Arc User
    Yes
    Traits - YES, fed up finding some or all of them have been unselected.

Skills - NO, changing Skills is currently behind a "pay wall", and I don't see that changing, so if you want a different skill tree per loadout/ship, then that's going to need a respec token every time you change loadout/ship, that's going to get bloody expensive very quickly.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    No
    Getting tired of this poll. LOL!
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    gizmox64gizmox64 Member Posts: 321 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes, the entire space loadout should include everything space related
    Boff and Captain Skills and the position of them all in the action bar.
    Traits, equipment, vanity visuals, duty officers.
    Could save loadouts for different situations, instead of now I use it as a base setting for when stuff starts to drop off. I already have to make screen shots of my Doffs, Skills, Traits, Gear, Action bar skill placements...
    So many times my traits get dropped, but not all of them, just 2 from Space, Ground, and Starship.
    I've lost count on how many times a piece of gear or my devices get "removed" from my ship on map load.
    We should also be able to pull from any bank, or ship we have too.
    So I guess the underling bugs would have to be addressed, or a new system of saving this info be implemented.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yes
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Yes it would be nice...but I suspect that they can't do it without causing MASSIVE mayhem...so I say the yes with the caveat of if they can easily do it and not break the game. Which is most likely not the case.

This is my fear.

I like the idea, but I have a feeling that the first time I tried to use it, all my mark XV Epic Gear would get sucked into the Bajoran Wormhole never to be heard from again. :smiley:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Yes
    Yes for traits because it might help offset the number of times the game decides to unslot them simply because you changed maps or levelled up or simply breathed at the wrong time.

They'd have to stop it slotting those traits into the skill bar though, my jem keeps having passives (usually superfluous emitters) from the command spec tree slotted on the bar even though they're not using command as either primary or secondary.
  • Options
    seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Yes
    coldnapalm wrote: »
    Yes it would be nice...but I suspect that they can't do it without causing MASSIVE mayhem...so I say the yes with the caveat of if they can easily do it and not break the game. Which is most likely not the case.

This is my fear.

I like the idea, but I have a feeling that the first time I tried to use it, all my mark XV Epic Gear would get sucked into the Bajoran Wormhole never to be heard from again. :smiley:

I've played a very long time and never lost an item, maybe a good reason to back a toon on a test server though if your concern is that strong. That or just take screenshots. :]

I was being sarcastic, but still a good idea. I have actually never lost anything either, just heard it happening to others. :smile:
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • Options
    yudhistiroyudhistiro Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Yes
    Hell yes.
    Wait, there's actually someone answering no?
    Why?
  • Options
    frocinfrocin Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    No
    No way. Loadouts are buggy enough without complicating them even further.
  • Options
    nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    Yes
    I'd probably use my torpedo boat more if I didn't have to switch all my traits, rep, and specializations.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    No
    For this it is clear that people do not understand that Ship, in ship loadout, means just that.

For the Captain and boff setup that would be a Stations setup. Which would require 5 different boffs for each Station setup.

If they included this in the Ship loadout, since most tend to use the same boffs, and different skills with each different ship. This would just become a garbled mess and eat up a great deal of memory on the server.

Though they could do this with a Stations Roster, thus allowing for it. They could even give everyone the freebie two and charge the same amount of Zen for extra slots, just like they do with loadouts.
    Mm5NeXy.gif