test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Signal D'tan Romulan Reputation 5 mission doenst work

darkswarmerdarkswarmer Member Posts: 17 Arc User
I have completed the power source on several characters and they are completed but i dont get the reputation 5 rewards. Please get rid of the mission requirement and give out the goods upon completing reputation. I am tired of this TRIBBLE not working. Simplify it for us. The more you guys add the more bugs. Fix. Thanks,

Comments

• Options
    sanokskyratsanokskyrat Member Posts: 479 Media Corps
    I did t just a few hours ago.You have to stand in the main area and just wait till after the cut scene and then i will show up.
    1368747308047.cached_zpsl4joalbs.jpg
  • Options
    garvesnekanogarvesnekano Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I tried doing it on my jem vanguard and couldnt even pick up the mission to get in that area to signal d’tan
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    I tried doing it on my jem vanguard and couldnt even pick up the mission to get in that area to signal d’tan

It's been a while and it might have changed since then, but that mission, and 4 others on New Rom, only become available as you progress in the New Rom reputation, with that one only becoming available when you hit tier 5 in the Rom rep. Finishing the mission and then signalling D'Tan gets you the tier 5 rep reward. If you run the mission, the mission pops up as complete and even gives you the prompt to return to the surface, if you don't sit there and wait till the prompt for signalling D'tan comes up and just return to the surface, you then have to go back and do the whole thing all over again.

IIRC all 5 of the New Rom rep missions are that way, they are just an added step to perform while running an existing mission, so you can run, and complete, the mission without doing the extra step to complete the rep requirement, requiring you to go back and do it all over again.

LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    malkavian3108malkavian3108 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    The problem isn't just with the ruins. I have completed the first two missions fine, but the rom civilian that is supposed to give you the Mountain pass mission to access the shuttle isn't even there. and yes I have reached T5 on the rom rep. I have tried beaming out and back in, run all the way from the landing zone and transported to the site, Logged out and back in and nada! It's broken plain and simple. As are the cave and the ruins.
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    Yeah, the whole Romulan Rep system is 'bugged' with the forced old mission progression system.

I'm making a entirely new 'bug' thread about it.
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    The problem isn't just with the ruins. I have completed the first two missions fine, but the rom civilian that is supposed to give you the Mountain pass mission to access the shuttle isn't even there. and yes I have reached T5 on the rom rep. I have tried beaming out and back in, run all the way from the landing zone and transported to the site, Logged out and back in and nada! It's broken plain and simple. As are the cave and the ruins.

There is no Rom civilian to give this quest, use mission replay (mountain base). Same with the caves and ruins if you already did those missions. As for the tier 5 mission, it works just as arionisa said.
  • Options

There is no Rom civilian to give this quest, use mission replay (mountain base). Same with the caves and ruins if you already did those missions. As for the tier 5 mission, it works just as arionisa said.[/quote]

Really? This mission is only available to players who have completed Tier 2 of the Romulan Reputation System.
    The player must accept this mission from the Romulan Civilian in order to gain access to the Mountain Pass, which is required in order to complete “Secret Shuttle Codes”. And that is from the official wiki. NEXT!
  • Options
    I can even show you the youtube post for the walkthrough if you'd like?! But hey, I've only done it on 9 toons previously over the last 6yrs, so what would I know....Right?
  • Options
    kaithan1975kaithan1975 Member Posts: 947 Arc User
    I can even show you the youtube post for the walkthrough if you'd like?! But hey, I've only done it on 9 toons previously over the last 6yrs, so what would I know....Right?

Suit yourself, the civilian was removed about a year ago when they revamped the missions. But feel free to keep searching for him since you would know.
  • Options
    ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited July 2018
    Where to start...
    I have completed the power source on several characters and they are completed but i dont get the reputation 5 rewards. Please get rid of the mission requirement and give out the goods upon completing reputation. I am tired of this **** not working. Simplify it for us. The more you guys add the more bugs. Fix. Thanks,

This would solve all the confusion...and there is a lot going around. I recently had some myself on this whilst doing the Rom Rep for my JH, which is why I am recently versed in these issues - and the solutions.

It would have been nice of Cryptic to tell us this up front, but you have to complete the new Gamma Quadrant arc to gain access to the rest of the story arcs and their missions. Perhaps this is your issue. There is a way around this, which I realised, and will come to that later...

What I thought was particularly stupid, was that they had done this already when S15 launched, they decided to do this again when Home arrived. I found my JH toon was suddenly unable to access the story arc I was working on and had to do Home before I could go back to it.
    arionisa wrote: »

It's been a while and it might have changed since then, but that mission, and 4 others on New Rom, only become available as you progress in the New Rom reputation, with that one only becoming available when you hit tier 5 in the Rom rep.

That's not actually right. They now form much of the New Romulas story arc, which is where you can find yourself doing the episodes twice, if you are not careful - because if you do the episodes before you do the Rom Rep, you'll have to repeat them to get your Rom Rep rewards.

Even a JH toon can access this arc, even before they are supposed to. How? By approaching the Rom Ambassador at DS9/ESD/Qo'noS. I did that because I was using New Rom Staging Area (Bank, etc), but was getting the original cut scene with D'Tan and Obisek, which you can't ESC past - which was time consuming and annoying. So I got rid by getting the Rom Aid assignment from the Ambassador, which then gave me the Rom Story arc - before I had completed the Gamma Quadrant Arc on my JH toon. Whoops...
    Finishing the mission and then signalling D'Tan gets you the tier 5 rep reward. If you run the mission, the mission pops up as complete and even gives you the prompt to return to the surface, if you don't sit there and wait till the prompt for signalling D'tan comes up and just return to the surface, you then have to go back and do the whole thing all over again.

Quite so. I've fallen foul of that.
    IIRC all 5 of the New Rom rep missions are that way, they are just an added step to perform while running an existing mission, so you can run, and complete, the mission without doing the extra step to complete the rep requirement, requiring you to go back and do it all over again.

No. Doing the episodes before the Rom Rep will not give you the Rom Rep. You will have to do the episodes again for the Rom Rep, because each Tier of the Rom Rep generates the relevant mission and doesn't care if you've already done it as an episode.

There is no Rom civilian to give this quest, use mission replay (mountain base). Same with the caves and ruins if you already did those missions. As for the tier 5 mission, it works just as arionisa said.

I suspect the problem is that you did not "submit" the report/recording at the end of either the T1 or T2 assignment. As for there being no Rom Civilian, this is completely false. You need to obtain the assignment at the Transport site on at least two of these assignments from a Rom Civilian, particularly the Mountain Pass one, otherwise you cannot access the pass. They only appear if you have successfully completed the earlier tasks - which is why I believe the failure to "submit" the report at the end of an earlier one is your actual problem.

Suit yourself, the civilian was removed about a year ago when they revamped the missions. But feel free to keep searching for him since you would know.

Just untrue. As I said, I've recently done these again for the Rom Rep on my JH toon (which I whizzed through thanks to sponsorship tokens - only Gamma to do now), and I obtained the mission from a Rom Civilian to get to the Mountain Pass just days ago.

Afterthought: Perhaps if you take the mission as an episode, you don't need the civilian to give you access (?) - but you will not get your Rom Rep unless you take the assignments as generated by each tier, which means submitting the report/video at the end of each one and getting access to the pass/caves/Underground via a civilian at the pertinent transport site.
    NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • Options
    captainhunter1captainhunter1 Member Posts: 1,627 Arc User
    ajm1067 wrote: »
    Afterthought: Perhaps if you take the mission as an episode, you don't need the civilian to give you access (?) - but you will not get your Rom Rep unless you take the assignments as generated by each tier, which means submitting the report/video at the end of each one and getting access to the pass/caves/Underground via a civilian at the pertinent transport site.

You can actually bypass all the Rep missions/cutscenes in the Rom Rep tree by simply getting to Tier 5 and not playing any of them. The only one that is required is the final one inside "The Power Source" where you signal D'Tan at the end. That will give you your final Rep rewards.

I can vouch this works, as I did it out of curiousity. Saves a lot of time. The other missions will still show afterward in your mission list, but you can simply drop them.