test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Can't Start Yesterday's War - Romulan Delta Recruit

So pretty much as the title says. I'm Level 38. I'm a Delta Recruit and Romulan (Fed-Aligned).

After four emails with support - who found new and innovative ways to tell me that they couldn't offer "help with Gameplay tips" and ask "did I meet the mission requirements" - which I do, they suggested I post in the forums.

I have completed the "in the Shadows" arc, and my next mission should be "The Once and Future Agent", but the option to hail or skip is greyed out. I cannot start it. Kail does not give the option to start the mission when spoken too, he has nothing for me. Obviously this means I cannot progress through the actual story or go to Nimbus, or do the "vengance" or "freedom" arcs /sademote

I can play the cross-faction arcs. Yesterday I played through the "Spectres" Arc, I thought perhaps that would unlock it the Yesterday's War arc, but alas it did not.

Does anyone have any ideas? I am wondering if I should persist with the Cardy arc and see if at some point the yesterday's war arc opens.

Tagged:

Comments

• quantum42#9720 quantum42 Member Posts: 128 Arc User
    Hm isnt that a mission for temporal agents?
  • rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Hm isnt that a mission for temporal agents?

Yes. But this one is seemingly for all (or at least for other recruits too) now and starts Yesterday's War line which is a blocking line (needed for ALL chars to advance further).
    The 1st one is a talking + cutscene's quest,

And my guess is that there is no issue and that it's already active and was auto accepted (can be seen on "In Progress" tab) on login or on level twenty (ofc unless there is some kind of a bug), and that he should talk to Philip Crey / Kail or otherwise his temporal rewards contact.

If this happens later on the quest line, try to interact with "Info" and make some talks (it may trigger some quests after level twenty for some Romulan characters, though I didn't know this issue still exists)
  • caijamin#1759 caijamin Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    And my guess is that there is no issue and that it's already active and was auto accepted (can be seen on "In Progress" tab) on login or on level twenty (ofc unless there is some kind of a bug), and that he should talk to Philip Crey / Kail or otherwise his temporal rewards contact.

I'm afraid not. The mission is not showing in "in progress" tab nor is it showing in "Available" missions.. On the Login Screen the next episode is "The once and future agent" clicking "play now" brings up a message from Kail that says all is well with the timeline, and "exit".

Speaking to Philip Crey and Kail in person does not start the mission. I replayed "temporal ambassdor" three times now and it hasn't triggered the next mission.

• rndfluctuation#1470 rndfluctuation Member Posts: 813 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Sorry then, I have no clue :(

Hmm. Just a very wild speculation. Does the next quest of level twenty allow you to accept it? Can you go on? (a faint possibility is that the quest is considered done now, though I don't see how as it's a very noticeable cutscene opened by interacting with the NPC itself where it stands.)
    Is this and maybe the next quest done?

P.S.
    After I (re-)did the quest on my AoY char as ViL expansion came (level 60+ and passed the line long ago), I didn't have to do other quests in this line again. (and 1st quest is not repeatable unless it as designed specifically to repeat once on a special/specific occasion or a quest reset, like after the ViL patch) And I was able to see a new line (expansion related) opens for level 60+
    I think the same thing happened to my Romulan Fed Delta (level 60 as well)
    edited June 2018
    Sorry then, I have no clue :(

No worries, thanks for the suggestions though :) Here's hoping someone has a workaround.

I can move on with the crossfaction missions (Spectres, Cardy etc), but I can't get to Nimbus or do the rest of the Romulan arcs. I had planned to carry on and see if something magically pops when I hit 60...
    Post edited by caijamin#1759 on
  • zhanlazhanla Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I have the exact same issue as a non-Delta Recruit.
    And so i finished the Cardy story arc. Now this bug is blocking the Breen missions too.

So I have a delta recruit rom that cannot finish the story on nimbus and cannot do the breen missions.

• fred26291#2759 fred26291 Member Posts: 1,260 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    deleted
    Post edited by fred26291#2759 on
  • r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Wonder if we'll get some good news in the patch notes later today. If we are getting one tomorrow, of course.

Best of luck guys, I'm lucky I was able to work around my bugs, nothing game breaking yet.
  • lillythwaylillythway Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problem here, can't do TRADECRAFT as none of my ships interior the computer is working... might be some virus, and no i can't turn off and on again to see if it works. I have some klingon ships and romulan ships changed them, exited game and logged on again switched chars and no way to get the mission trigged. Also already on lvl 23 and can't start neither YESTERDAY'S WAR or SPRECTRES arcs. Taking just the lvl into consideration, i should be elligible also to WASTELAND. maybe this has something to do with the epidoes arcs are closed to Jem Hadar?
  • inukaruinukaru Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same here! Can't do any mission! Not "The once and future agent", nor Spectre, not even the next episodes! Delta recruit, Romulan (Klingon aligned).
  • jelly0jelly0 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
    Everyone is having trouble.
  • clearbeardclearbeard Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Adding my report to this thread, I'm having the same issues with my Fed Rom Delta. I noticed a line in the patch notes from today that the issue was supposedly fixed with Jem'Hadar characters, but it has not yet resolved for my Romulan.