test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Command Assault Cruiser (Vizier) on a Romulan

I was looking forward to using my favourite Fed ship on a Romulan captain to take advantage of the Romulan's access to cloaking buffs, but it seems that the Vizier class is the only Fed ship my Romulan doesn't have access to. Is this intentional?

I did purchase the WizKids Enterprise E, i entered the code, and I do have access to the Vizier class on my account and have been using it on two Fed characters for a while.

Character that can't use the ship is a Romulan engineer captain named Meloris.

Comments

• Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    it's not a C-store ship so they didnt give em access to it... same for the other gamble box ships or vet ships.
  • Options
    The Vizier is unique among ships that aren't available for Romulans because it has a Fleet variant. It seems like an unintentional oversight to me.
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    It was an intentional exclusion, spelled out on the list of exceptions in the announcement blog. The reasoning wasn't given, but the unusual method of acquiring the ship is a pretty likely candidate.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Ironic, really. Having the Vizier would allow them to use the Battle Cloak, which would make it a perfect fit for a Romulan.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    That's the exact reason I wanted it. I was going to come back to STO just to build a romulan with a Vizier class. :(