test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Upgrade Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
Captains on PC can get double the tech points on their upgrades this weekend!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10925283

Comments

• Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Just what i needed!
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Nice to have this follow a Phoenix event in case anyone wants to use those potential upgrades on some things.
  • Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User
    I'm gonna cry. I just used almost all my Phoenix Tech Upgrades the other day on my new JH toon's space gear.

Why do you hate me, World? WHY? :cry:
  • Options
    gypsydanger1gypsydanger1 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I'm gonna cry. I just used almost all my Phoenix Tech Upgrades the other day on my new JH toon's space gear.

why didn't you check the calendar?
    the upgrade weekend was announced there a week ago^^

• Options
    c0nd1t10nr3dc0nd1t10nr3d Member Posts: 638 Arc User

why didn't you check the calendar?
    the upgrade weekend was announced there a week ago^^
    I've been away from STO for a while due to RL stuff and had forgotten about the calendar. I had just come back about 2 weeks before ViL and I'm still trying to find my feet again with all that has been added since the last time I played and I had those Phoenix Tech upgrades stashed away since way back when.

Needless to say, I won't be forgetting the calendar again any time soon. lol
  • Options
    kaggert27kaggert27 Member Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    As much as I like the Tech Upgrade Weekends, I would like them to add some multiplier to the chance to increase in rarity. They could make it x1.5 and not a full x2.

And with the lack of Upgrade Accelerators that come in nothing other than the R&D Packs(and minis) from C-store and Lockboxes, It would be nice to have the Upgrade weekend apply to them too for some multiplier also....OR give us a way to obtain more of them than is possible now, say RNG for slight chance to drop from Queues.
  • Options
    lordbeefy7lordbeefy7 Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    lol, I just bought loads of zen with my dilithium, hehehehe….im fairly good for upgrades currently, but im always glad to see this happening regularly...thanks cryptic
  • Options
    chritmarsh#4963 chritmarsh Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    I think the most helpful thing that could be done on upgrade weekends is reduce the dillithium cost to apply an upgrade to an item. That stuff gets EXPENSIVE! Especially if you're trying to increase the rarity.
    "Today is a good day to die... but I'd rather go to Risa."-Fleet Admiral Christopher D. Marshall
    O1P2m6v.png
  • Options
    seanhannityseanhannity Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    So the in game calendar says it goes through Monday. Planned to do all my stuff Monday afternoon only to find out it ends at 10am? If you're going to end it at 10am can you just not list stuff like that on the in game calendar as including Monday? I realize now that if you click on it it lists the end time but I saw it included Monday so I assumed it actually included all of Monday, not just the first 10 hours of it. Looks like I'll be waiting months again for the next one. I love this game but damn it guys all the annoying little missteps like this really add up.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    So the in game calendar says it goes through Monday. Planned to do all my stuff Monday afternoon only to find out it ends at 10am? If you're going to end it at 10am can you just not list stuff like that on the in game calendar as including Monday? I realize now that if you click on it it lists the end time but I saw it included Monday so I assumed it actually included all of Monday, not just the first 10 hours of it. Looks like I'll be waiting months again for the next one. I love this game but damn it guys all the annoying little missteps like this really add up.

This is pretty customary as events like this go for Cryptic. It stated the 10am PST ending time in-game & outside the game from the beginning. It is a shame you "assumed" & missed this time, but lesson learned so just try to exercise some patience. There will be other upgrade events in the future ... probably. At least this way you can refine your strategy upon upgrading. Also, a Vulcan especially Spock shouldn't be paired with the name seanhannity the latter lacks the demeanor & integrity for the pic. :-) Good luck.