test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't complete Frenzy

edwardsparrow1edwardsparrow1 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
First mission with the update, trying to "stabalize the power relays", the button is there, I click on it, but it says "you can't use this object right now"

Have I missed something or is there a problem with it?

Comments

• Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    It should work now. I had the same issue before the patch.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    patch#0682 patch Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Doesn't work for me. Two nights of trying, sick and tired of starting the mission from the beginning over and over. Whats the point of launching new stuff if it doesn't work ? Its bad enough that the new version of DS9 is damned ugly and cramped, so to not be able to even do the missions is beyond aggravating. I have kept one of my toons in the previous DS9 just so I dont have to deal with this rubbish on every toon :<
  • Options
    avatartrekguyavatartrekguy Member Posts: 1 New User
    Anyone know about how to proceed in the Frenzy mission after crossing the first cat walk?
  • Options
    eristhevortaeristhevorta Member Posts: 1,049 Bug Hunter
    It would help if the chapters were sepurrated, so you could directly start at the Ore Processing bit and not having to do the entire talking portion again when you decide to take a break there.
    "Everything about the Jham'Hadar is lethal!" - Eris
    Original Join Date: January 30th, 2010
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    First mission with the update, trying to "stabalize the power relays", the button is there, I click on it, but it says "you can't use this object right now"

I get this when I try to use it from the wrong side, meaning the side opposite the side with the actual display. Moving around to the other side always works for me. Maybe I'm just lucky, though.
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.
  • Options
    ajm1067ajm1067 Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    anodynes wrote: »

I get this when I try to use it from the wrong side, meaning the side opposite the side with the actual display. Moving around to the other side always works for me. Maybe I'm just lucky, though.

It would have been useful if the error message said, "Please interact with the object from the correct side", or words to that effect.

NewMixedCrest.jpg?width=350&height=170
    McVittie's Marauders - The House of Arrgh
    Website
    Discord
    I absolutely, positively, will not create more characters in STO now that I have five six seven eight nine ten!
    McVittie/Saren/Arrgh Son of Jahn/Taev Dar/Professor Moriarty/Mia/Vittie/Vidtana'Clan/Suram/Sarela
  • Options
    anodynesanodynes Member Posts: 1,999 Arc User
    ajm1067 wrote: »
    anodynes wrote: »

It would have been useful if the error message said, "Please interact with the object from the correct side", or words to that effect.

Or if it just wasn't so picky about where you're standing. I can't think of anything else in the game where you can interact with it, but it won't work if you're not standing in the proper orientation to use the thing. Are we going to see more forced immersion in the future?
    This is an MMO, not a Star Trek episode simulator. That would make for a terrible game.