test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't join a faction with my Jem'Hadar!

ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
I'm at the "Cavalry" section of Turn The Tide, and when I'm stuck on the part where I have to choose my alliance. When I choose either Starfleet or KDF, the mission doesn't continue on, it just stays on choosing your faction. Nothing happens when I choose either faction! I can not complete the Gamma Recruit Tutorial!

PLEASE HELP!!!!! DX

Comments

• Options
    adam4nteradam4nter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Same problem. The game does not pass the faction selection.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 696 Arc User
    Almost the same. It passed for me, I chose KDF and got the Transponder. THEN it went back to the first ship battle in the mission. I replayed the whole thing, and when I got to the Choose a Faction part AGAIN, it was the Romulan Choose an Ally screen that popped up, and went to the same loop you described above. Trying to exit the system got me back to Weyoun handing out Ketracel White. Switching characters and coming back did no good. Exiting and restarting did no good. I finally deleted the character, and will have to recreate him tomorrow.

VERY frustrating, but given the history of STO's expansion release day bugs, I can't say I'm surprised.
  • Options
    scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    A possible solution for some I have posted further down, which allowed me to continue successfully from advice from Dev.
    Post edited by scotty74321 on
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
  • Options
    ricosakararicosakara Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    I just hope the Devs fix these problems before the Gamma Recruit vent is over.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,450 Arc User
    Had no problems last night with my Vanguard character on my main account, but the F2P Jemmie is having the issue with not being able to proceed after Fed/KDF faction selection. I click on a faction and nothing happens after that.
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    crusty8maccrusty8mac Member Posts: 1,381 Arc User
    I'm having this problem also. Can't drop the mission and start it over, either.
  • Options
    scotty74321scotty74321 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    Checking back in as there was a potential solution offered by a dev on another listing of these.
    He said , IF your stuck . log out / exit the game and wait 30 mins then log back in , "Run the mission again, once you get to pick the faction, if you have previously pressed the chosen faction button, then the system will have recorded your original choice so now once you have confirmed from lorris pick Fed or Klingon, go to the button used for warping to a particular system , if you have played STO before you should know where it is, ( if not, its the third icon down, on the left of the mini map box, in the top right of your screen ) , and you may be presented with possibly ie Sol, Defera , DS9 Q'onos etc.
    On my looking to warp out it offered Defera, the Dev said it should offer Sol, but mine offered Defera, I warped to defera the mission was completed and that was me out of the loop , and now moving forward through missions with no further problems.

Good luck all hope this gets you moving.
    Laddy, don't you think you should... rephrase that??
  • Options
    adam4nteradam4nter Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    > @scotty74321 said:
    > Checking back in as there was a potential solution offered by a dev on another listing of these.
    At least they are aware of the problem. Hope they fix it with today's patch, if not I will try that odd workaround.

Update: The patch didn't fix the problem, however I managed to go on using transwarp at the end of the mission after choose the faction I had chosen last time. The workaround is a solutrion; a bad one since this is a game breaking issue that shouldn't have pass QA tests, and a hotfix is mandatory.
    Post edited by adam4nter on