test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Victory is Life: Doomed to Repeat

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
The fourth episode of Victory is Life deals with a deep and deadly secret, held on an ancient Dominion station:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10908923

Comments

• Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Pure speculation on my part here, so take everything from this point of with a grain of salt. I'm going to take it a step further than the Dominion knowing about the Hur'q and say they actually created them.
    The Founders and the Hur’q are both exceptionally old races. Odo is certain that the other Changelings know more about the deadly insectoids than they are sharing with him. He's found a lead on an ancient Dominion station that may hold secrets the Alliance can use to defend the entire galaxy.

The screenshot in the announcement for the mission shows what may be cloning vats. Knowing how The Founders like to play God, it's not much of a stretch to think the Hur'q may have been a first attempt at making a servitor race. Only the Hur'q proved too powerful and rebelled. Perhaps the 1000 year 'sleep cycle' for the Hur'q were an attempt at a fail-safe similar to what they did with the Jem'Hadar by making them dependent on Ketracel White.

An ancient Dominion station that seemingly has cloning technology and may provide answers needed to defend the galaxy? Call me crazy but it does make a sort of sense.

Okay, yeah, I am crazy but I love going off on tangents like this, keeps my mind busy. If I'm right, I get a bit of satisfaction. If I'm wrong then I get a pleasant surprise when I see the direction the story actually goes. Well, if it's good that is. :p
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    grumpyowl#1151 grumpyowl Member Posts: 96 Arc User
    I was thinking along the same lines. The Founders created the Hur'q as their original fighting force.
  • Options
    megawolf0megawolf0 Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Founders creating the Hur'q is what I'm thinking also.
  • Options
    xungnguyenxungnguyen Member Posts: 233 Arc User
    Here's another idea. The Hurq were aided by someone else from another universe. The sleep cycle was psionically imprinted into their DNA by the race known as the Nalkesh who had a galaxy spanning empire.
    temporal_lapras__royal_flagship__by_lapry101-dbutq96.png

"Simba, you have forgotten me. You have forgotten who you are … you are my son and the one true king." (Mufasa)
  • Options
    echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,914 Arc User
    That's a very good hypothesis. I'm going to even go so far as to say it is right, and it was the Founders who created the Hur'q, trying to create a servitor fighting race and the Hur'q proved unmanageable. That's when they created the Jem'Hadar and their dependence on Ketrecel White.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • Options
    richyrich1991richyrich1991 Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    Yeah the Hur'q being the Founder's original army before the Jem'Hadar makes sense, also explains why they're willing to work with the Alliance to get rid of them.

The Founders aren't really known for working well with others unless they have a personal stake in the situation.
    "As of this moment, we are all dead. We go into battle to reclaim our lives.
    This we do gladly, for we are Jem'Hadar. Victory is Life!"
    njflWNG.jpg
  • Options
    questeriusquesterius Member Posts: 8,332 Arc User
    Yeah the Hur'q being the Founder's original army before the Jem'Hadar makes sense, also explains why they're willing to work with the Alliance to get rid of them.

The Founders aren't really known for working well with others unless they have a personal stake in the situation.

It's that or the hur'Q are the natural enemy of the founders.
    Every species has one or multiple natural enemies so why would the founders be any different.
    This program, though reasonably normal at times, seems to have a strong affinity to classes belonging to the Cat 2.0 program. Questerius 2.7 will break down on occasion, resulting in garbage and nonsense messages whenever it occurs. Usually a hard reboot or pulling the plug solves the problem when that happens.
  • Options
    ak255ak255 Member Posts: 317 Arc User
    Oh the irony in the name of that episode.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    questerius wrote: »

It's that or the hur'Q are the natural enemy of the founders.
    Every species has one or multiple natural enemies so why would the founders be any different.
    I've often theorized that the Hur'q are one of the races of "solids" whose belligerence caused the Founding.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 694 Arc User
    The most ominous words in the blog post:
    We will not be preemptively announcing any other Victory is Life episodes to minimize spoilers and maximize discovery (pun not entirely intended).

I hope that doesn't mean what it sounds like.
    We hope you will enjoy the remaining episodes when Victory is Life goes live!

If it DOES mean what I think it means, then no. No, I won't.
  • Options
    lazarus51166lazarus51166 Member Posts: 646 Arc User
    Not surprising. The Dominion has existed for 2000+ years, and we know the last time the Hur'q awoke was 1,000 years ago, so it makes sense they would have met previously during the last rising, and possibly the one before that as well.

Weyoun claimed it was 10,000 and 2,000 years old at different times. The writers weren't always great at keeping things consistent