test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Victory is Life Launch is June 5th!!!

Some of us predicted that date and we were right...I guess this is public now and not unreleased content.

Thanks for the news Devs!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10905803-victory-is-life-launches-on-june-5th​​

Comments

• Options
    bubblegirl2015bubblegirl2015 Member Posts: 830 Arc User
    Some of us did win that bet! tiger-2.gif​​
    Wiki editor http://sto.gamepedia.com
    Original STO beta tester.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    takemymoney.jpg​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    bossheisenbergbossheisenberg Member Posts: 603 Arc User
    We will meet on the battlefield once again Christie!! Glory awaits!
  • Options
    michael#8928 michael Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    Can't wait!
  • Options
    saedeithsaedeith Member Posts: 628 Arc User
    Cool but starting with the bug ship looks like a self fulfilling prophecy. Hope they get em fixed in time, at least the major one.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Soon, you too will be able to bask in the glory of the Founders!
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    My question here is. How bad is this going to turn out? If they follow the schedule of last couple of years. ViL will drop on the 5th and the Lohlunat(Summer Event) will drop on the 7th. Both are going to come with inevitable bugs.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    I am still sad that O'brien can't be in this.
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,789 Arc User
    Woo hoooo!!!

Looking forward to the sector space battlezone especially. I'm not sure yet if I'll buy any ships, I'll wait for the stats.
    Maybe I'll buy a small Cardassian ship, or a Jem'Hadar dreadnought in honour of my first ever character from my long since lost account who flew the JHDC (with JHAS pets of course ;) ).

I'll almost certainly create a Vanguard Jem'Hadar though.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    jim625jim625 Member Posts: 907 Arc User
    can't wait to play as a dominion and try out those new t6 ships they look awesome :)
  • Options
    trennantrennan Member Posts: 2,839 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    trennan wrote: »
    My question here is. How bad is this going to turn out? If they follow the schedule of last couple of years. ViL will drop on the 5th and the Lohlunat(Summer Event) will drop on the 7th. Both are going to come with inevitable bugs.

I'd hope they'd launch the summer event the following week to be honest. Seems a little silly to launch that so soon after the expansion launch, particularly since we're liable to have extra downtime on the 6th and 7th for the inevitable bug-fixes.

Yeah this is my worry. Which they can do. But the smarter way to go about it, would have been to launch Lohlunat on the 7th, as per the schedule of the last few years. Then to launch ViL on the 14th. This would give them a week to address the bugs that come with Lohlunat, and then settle in to handle the launch of ViL.

But this is just me, applying a bit of common sense to the situation.
    Mm5NeXy.gif
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    So that means we can certainly create a Jem'Hadar in a bikini or speedos? Who wants to see that

tumblr_owj2qa0WmM1tsw6dio3_400.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    jonsillsjonsills Member Posts: 10,366 Arc User
    azrael605 wrote: »
    From what Wheaton, Spiner, Hammil, and others have said voice acting is incredibly stresshful on the vocal chords as you do thinks like scream over and over again for hiurs so they can get just the right sounds, repeat lines with different inflection, emotion, etc.
    One reason for that is that they have to pay for each hour of studio time, and usually each hour of actor time, even if they only need like ten minutes. (And if it takes, say, an hour and five minutes, they pay for two hours.) Therefore, in order to feel like they're getting their money's worth, the suits will insist that you record several takes of each line in order to use up as much of the hour as possible.

"Yeah, that line was great. Perfect. Couldn't be better. Let's get one more take, only this time sound like you're out of breath."
    Lorna-Wing-sig.png
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Hey guys! Guess what?
    stos-expansion-doesnt-arrive-until-tuesday.jpg
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)