test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Starship textures completely wrong

startrekfanstartrekfan Member Posts: 10 Arc User
My science vessel went from beautiful to horrible. I logged in for the first time in a year and a half and my ship textures are all wrong. See picture at https://1drv.ms/u/s!AopNeuAa7xKhyPM69Xc_0YPGcEGZYA. The top image is how the ship actually appears on the character selection screen (which seems to work fine), this is good, it's what it's supposed to be. The bottom image shows the wrong textures mismatched all over the ship.

When I try to customize the ship, I can pick different parts (models) but if I try to change colors or textures, nothing works, nothing changes. The same texture you see in my link remains. It's horrible. I looked at my inventory of ships and almost half of them have the same texture loaded with no way to change it.

I tested this on two different computers, a gaming rig with a 1080 TI GPU, and an Alienware gaming laptop with a 1060 GPU, both have the problem. I even deleted the entire game on the laptop and reinstalled it since i also have the blurry/low-res uniforms & ground textures bug on that one. Reinstalling did not fix either.

I was so excited to get back in the game but this is really disappointing.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    samborski#4611 samborski Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Right Klick on your Breen Shield, then left klick on "disable visuals", that should fix it.
  • Options
    Right Klick on your Breen Shield, then left klick on "disable visuals", that should fix it.

Ah, yes, I had forgotten about shield visuals. Thanks. And you're right, all of my ships with bad textures are the ones with rare shields with visuals. That said, my ships used to look good even with those shield visuals enabled. Something still looks horribly wrong with the texture that was getting loaded. This is a 2012 screenshot of the same ship with the same shields, and it looked great. See at https://1drv.ms/u/s!AopNeuAa7xKhyPMuhpgBQxVu54m61w.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    Ok, bad example, I was actually not using a special shield on my ship in that screenshot above, but I have another side-by-side example. Check this link below. On the left is what my NX ship used to look like in 2012 with the Reman shield, and on the right, it's what it looks like today with the same shield and visuals enabled. Something is obviously messed up with shield visuals.
    https://1drv.ms/u/s!AopNeuAa7xKhyPM9aR2tpZ324qliUA

8wvPEja.png
    Post edited by startrekfan on
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    They re-made the nx-model along with several other ship models in the recent months (galaxy, connie, nebula, intrepid, sovie, miranda...) and didnt bother to properly configure the shield-visuals of most of the older shields, and thus your nx looks kinda like TRIBBLE now. But do not dispair fellow trekkie, all those ships got now pretty awesome custom textures , rendering shield visuals (for the most part) obsolete. Deactivate the shield visual , go to the ship tailor and reset your ship customizations, and see what happens. ;)
    Post edited by samborski#4611 on
  • Options
    This one? 9gUDxbl.png
    Logged in today to see *that*.

I would judge that skill config as invalid too, better read up some guides on how to properly distribute your skillpoints in sto.

*shudder*
  • Options
    They re-made the nx-model along with several other ship models in the recent months (galaxy, connie, nebula, intrepid, sovie, miranda...) and didnt bother to properly configure the shield-visuals of most of the older shields, and thus your nx looks kinda like **** now. But do not dispair fellow trekkie, all those ships got now pretty awesome custom textures , rendering shield visuals (for the most part) obsolete. Deactivate the shield visual , go to the ship tailor and reset your ship customizations, and see what happens. ;)

Ah, that explains it then. Thank you for the reply.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,665 Arc User
    They re-made the nx-model along with several other ship models in the recent months (galaxy, connie, nebula, intrepid, sovie, miranda...) and didnt bother to properly configure the shield-visuals of most of the older shields, and thus your nx looks kinda like **** now. But do not dispair fellow trekkie, all those ships got now pretty awesome custom textures , rendering shield visuals (for the most part) obsolete. Deactivate the shield visual , go to the ship tailor and reset your ship customizations, and see what happens. ;)

And if you got the lobi rocks for it, or enough EC, try getting the new NX refit available....you won't regret it. o:)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options

And if you got the lobi rocks for it, or enough EC, try getting the new NX refit available....you won't regret it. o:)

Where do I get that? Is it in the C-Store or some in-game vendor?