test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Just a little sneek peak at the future of windows with some STO

westtell4012westtell4012 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
As you can see there Is the game Client and an Edge Tab open to the STO WIki this is done with an upcoming windows feature called Sets....... apparently i have to drop the image link as a clickable here in the thread because i dont understand how to make an image link on the forums https://imgur.com/a/uyEQcdx
STO Lifetime Member since 2010

Comments

• Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    Dropping images in the forums only works in the Art thread, outside of sigs.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    starswordcstarswordc Member Posts: 10,963 Arc User
    No, you just have to use BBcode image tags on a direct link to the image. Doesn't work from phones, though.
    "Great War! / And I cannot take more! / Great tour! / I keep on marching on / I play the great score / There will be no encore / Great War! / The War to End All Wars"
    — Sabaton, "Great War"
    VZ9ASdg.png

Check out https://unitedfederationofpla.net/s/
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    My god that screen is cluttered. You need some UI scaling and condensing.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    warpangelwarpangel Member Posts: 9,427 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    So whats "the future" in that? The toolbar on the top of the screen? You can do that with any version of Windows. Not that I'd want the toolbar on the screen at all when playing a game.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Windows needs to stop trying to integrate itself into everything when currently all it does is reset things, remove stuff from my task bar and ask me if I want to turn on the find my device feature for the desktop PC sat beside me.

Or sneakily install unwanted junk like the twitter app or some augmented reality viewer thing for no reason whatsoever.

Slightly more on topic.

Why not simply alt-tab between windows or use a 2nd monitor/tablet?
  • Options
    mustrumridcully0mustrumridcully0 Member Posts: 12,963 Arc User
    Windows needs to stop trying to integrate itself into everything when currently all it does is reset things, remove stuff from my task bar and ask me if I want to turn on the find my device feature for the desktop PC sat beside me.

Or sneakily install unwanted junk like the twitter app or some augmented reality viewer thing for no reason whatsoever.

Slightly more on topic.

Why not simply alt-tab between windows or use a 2nd monitor/tablet?
    For being able to see both the Wiki and the game at the same time, little can beat a 2nd monitor.

I think the point here might be that you can store this "set" together and if you open STO again, you also get the other stuff you would want to have opened alongside with it. That could be very convenient.

I don't know any details about this, but ideally at work I could use it to group stuff I need for different projects together and get less clutter overall. I currently have two solutions I have stuff to do in, and each needs a command line, a few websites.

At home, I could imagine having something for Star Trek Online and something for, say Battletech (my current source of addiction) and maybe something else for my Star Wars RPG campaign.
    Star Trek Online Advancement: You start with lowbie gear, you end with Lobi gear.
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    Eh....research is one thing....playing STO is another thing.
    Never trying to do both at the same time.

So, another windows thing I will not be using.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    valarauko43valarauko43 Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    I had to reset my pc yesterday because of all the ways windows is trying to "help" me. I think I found a way to disable most of it.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Why is your chat box so big? in fact why bother with a chat box at all... unless your planning on social interactions... heck just use a voice program.
    where2r1 wrote: »
    Eh....research is one thing....playing STO is another thing.
    Never trying to do both at the same time.

So, another windows thing I will not be using.

Alt tab and look up sto lore info or accolade guide.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Dropping images in the forums only works in the Art thread, outside of sigs.

That is 110% incorrect.

r9fOW63.jpg
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png