test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"The Missing Link"

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,675 Community Manager
A loyal Changeling returns to the Great Link after a long journey in our latest fiction blog - but he may not like what he finds.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10899153

Comments

• Options
    iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    A Changeling "Captain", very interesting. I liked the story, and I think I may like Mr. Bettencourt if we run into him in game. :)

And a Vorta First officer? Well then, can we please get Vorta as a playable species already? Either that or come out and say that it'll never happen.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • Options
    captaind3captaind3 Member Posts: 2,449 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Why am I not surprised that the Female Founder is keeping her own people in the dark. For all the talk of the Link being a people without secrets or deception, she fears that the truth will cause her people to do something she doesn't want them to do. Typical, she always was a tyrant.

Gotta say though, I like the new guy. Further proof that Changelings can develop genuine bonds with solids in positive ways.
    tumblr_mr1jc2hq2T1rzu2xzo9_r1_400.gif
    "Rise like Lions after slumber, In unvanquishable number, Shake your chains to earth like dew, Which in sleep had fallen on you-Ye are many — they are few"
  • Options
    zedbrightlander1zedbrightlander1 Member Posts: 14,764 Arc User
    Another interesting story.
    f5cc65bc8f3b91f963e328314df7c48d.jpg
    Sig? What sig? I don't see any sig.
  • Options
    mcalexev123mcalexev123 Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Interesting. I wonder HOW dire the situation is if it's getting the Female Changeling paranoid again? o_o
  • Options
    voyagerfan9751voyagerfan9751 Member Posts: 1,120 Arc User
    Interesting. I wonder HOW dire the situation is if it's getting the Female Changeling paranoid again? o_o

Lets be honest, I don't think it takes much to make her paranoid. I mean if you think about it, while the losses from the blog are quite large (I think they stated only 3/5 ships sent make it back), They are still getting a majority of their ships back from every confrontation.

For a culture that is known to destroy themselves and their ships if it means winning the battle, those aren't really too bad of numbers.
  • Options
    nunoespadinha#0711 nunoespadinha Member Posts: 124 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    That was me... thanks for making me famous :D ehehehehe
    U.S.S. Achiever
    Junae, Girquay, Meman'Ikan, Deanna, Elisa Flores, Nuno Espadinha, Heidi, Kolez, T'Vrell, Zarva, Vocan, Oeshi
    Zv9NH5Z.png
  • Options
    cyrussasagicyrussasagi Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Honestly, she might be trying to avoid a panic, panicked beings don't always make rational choices. Honestly, I think its for the best at the moment to leave the war to those who know how to fight it, the Vorta and the Jem'hadar.
  • Options
    carguy1701#7145 carguy1701 Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I think I see where this is going: the Dominion realizes that they can't fight this war alone, and once they hear about the Tzenkethi crusade, the decision is made to call in the favor that the Alpha Quadrant Alliance owes them.
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    Playable changelings please!
  • Options
    ortikantortikant Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Playable changelings please!
    Agreed.
    pmuvj73Aj
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    After reading I see no reason not to have both Changelings and Vorta as playable races.
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    Along with this story, the last few stories have been very interesting. Well done writers & thanks.
  • Options
    thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    After reading I see no reason not to have both Changelings and Vorta as playable races.

Agreed, some might worry they would be op but they can add them without having that issue. As I said on another thread.
    Game wise if they did not have good ground gear and shielding. They would die just as much as anyone else in a stf. They do have their resistances and weaknesses like other races in the game do. They can easily add those racial traits without making them op.

Changelings they can add a turn to liquid form. allowing you to move around faster on the ground. Then the tentacle wipe attack the npc changelings have with a one minute cooldown after use. Maybe a short animation that makes your character appearing to change to liquid every time you change outfits. Allow the race to change between male and female forms at will. Give them all the options of the alien generator gives in appearance customization and then done. You have a changeling,

With changelings they could give them 10% resistance to physical damage and 50% resistant to disrupter , immunity to Psonic damage, allow them to go outside a starship and be immune to lack of air damage. Give them a 25% weakness to Tetryon
    damage. Thats all they would need to do there.

Vortas maybe they can give them a little disadvantage with accuracy. Because of poor eyesight, making up for this weakness would be their telepathic abilties which have no effect on changelings. I would say the trait could be -15% to accuracy on all ground attacks. Vortas would not be hard to do. They could do them easy and it would make sense they now have to fight because of the Hurq the Dominion needs all the help it can get. So even if they were not fighters before hand they can be fighters now.