test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

QoL suggestions for xpac.

koppsterkoppster Member Posts: 179 Arc User
I'm keen on creating a Jem'Hadar tactical officer, but there's many, many things putting me off re-rolling and therefore, forking out a hundred quid for a dlc.

1) For the love of God, make starship traits account-wide. Who seriously has the time and money to be trying to make billions of EC to buy back the rare ships for traits like Supremacy etc etc? Yes we can play without them, but if you're going to roll a new char, who wants a crippled version compared to their main who has all the shinies? Or make the ships themselves reclaimable.

I'll take it on the chin with regards to personal space and ground traits, as the Infinity lockbox makes those a lot less painful, but enough with the grinding for alts please. We're not all space-rich, or got buckets of money to spend on Zen for lockbox gambling.

2) Make Lobi weapons and armor account-bound. Not a big issue, but would go a long way towards gearing up a new main.

3) Cosmetic request: please can we have a weapons appearance visual slot? With a cherry on top?

Thanks!
Post edited by koppster on

Comments

• Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    You know that is WHY they are called "Mains" and "Alts".
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    schloopdooschloopdoo Member Posts: 373 Arc User
    Make a space equipment set with a set bonus that makes my ship stop ejecting its shield batteries out into my inventory bag every time I change maps, and I will grind that set and equip nothing else.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,526 Arc User
    Sorry, selling those extra copies of ships helps to keep the lights on and pay for the new content since players said no to the $15-a-month + $20 per expansion funding model.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,050 Community Moderator
    koppster wrote: »
    I'm keen on creating a Jem'Hadar tactical officer, but there's many, many things putting me off re-rolling and therefore, forking out a hundred quid for a dlc.

That's the beauty of STO. The expansions... are FREE. You'll be able to make a Jem'Hadar next month. And I'm pretty sure the Vanguard Jem'Hadar will be available as a seperate species unlock like the Remans are for the Romulans. You don't have to drop a dime if you don't want to for the BIG pack.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »

That's the beauty of STO. The expansions... are FREE. You'll be able to make a Jem'Hadar next month. And I'm pretty sure the Vanguard Jem'Hadar will be available as a seperate species unlock like the Remans are for the Romulans. You don't have to drop a dime if you don't want to for the BIG pack.

Yeah, but playing a Jem'Hadar that's not in a Dominion-inspired ship would be...meh. I quite fancy some of the new ships, just hoping for some incentive.

Ignoring the fanboi replies.

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,050 Community Moderator
    We'll see how things work out with the Jem'Hadar. We don't even know what their starting ship will be after all.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    vegeta50024vegeta50024 Member Posts: 2,335 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »

Yeah, but playing a Jem'Hadar that's not in a Dominion-inspired ship would be...meh. I quite fancy some of the new ships, just hoping for some incentive.

So basically, you're one of those people that cannot be bothered to make a character and play it without having some kind of reward attached, right?

When Romulans were still new and shiny, did you need an incentive to play them? If so, what was that incentive?

I am pretty sure that when the Delta Recruit event first came out, you had incentive to make a new character for that, even though it was running through the existing storyline. The same would apply for the TOS Federation character, since in addition to a stand alone storyline before the 25th century, they also were released with a recruiting event that only they could partake in, putting incentive into spending time on them. I'm sure you did this too, right?

TSC_Signature_Gen_4_-_Vegeta_Small.png
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Who has the time and resources yo make billions of EC? Literally everyone who has the time to play STO.

Maybe a tiny minority. Rest of us don't have all day every day to grind dil, or buy Zen and play lockbox lottery, or sell keys to get the stuff they want.

I can see why my fleet has all but abandoned this game. Money sinks everywhere you look and a toxic community that sneer at everyone that's not a hardcore min-maxer.
  • Options
    I can see why my fleet has all but abandoned this game. Money sinks everywhere you look and a toxic community that sneer at everyone that's not a hardcore min-maxer.

Um... NOT a hardcore min/maxer here. I am a Hardcore CASUAL. And I've actually found a pretty chill way to grind out Zen without burning out.
  • Options
    davefenestratordavefenestrator Member Posts: 10,526 Arc User
    Who has the time and resources yo make billions of EC? Literally everyone who has the time to play STO.

Maybe a tiny minority. Rest of us don't have all day every day to grind dil, or buy Zen and play lockbox lottery, or sell keys to get the stuff they want.

I have a nice job, I buy ships with cash monies and my LTS stipend. I don't whine about prices because I understand that Cryptic needs to pay salaries and that René Auberjonois and Jeffrey Combs don't work for free. I guess understanding that businesses need to charge for things makes me a fanboi.
  • Options
    bernatkbernatk Member Posts: 1,089 Bug Hunter
    When Romulans were still new and shiny, did you need an incentive to play them? If so, what was that incentive?

the incentive was the freaking Scimitar. It roflstomped everything. Everything. /Gary Oldman voice
    Tck7dQ2.jpg
    Dahar Master Mary Sue                                               Fleet Admiral Bloody Mary
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,350 Community Moderator
    > @bernatk said:
    > vegeta50024 wrote: »
    >
    > When Romulans were still new and shiny, did you need an incentive to play them? If so, what was that incentive?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > the incentive was the freaking Scimitar. It roflstomped everything. Everything. /Gary Oldman voice

Not for me it wasn't, I despise that ship, wouldn't even claim it if Cryptic made it a c-store giveaway, utter garbage.

Not even for the Admiralty card? :smirk:
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    terranempire#7881 terranempire Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    When I first saw the Scimitar I thought it looked hideous. Some of the T6 models make it look little better. But not my favourite ROM design. Well technically it is Reman but you get the point.
    tumblr_p30rz12vWH1qdb2vqo6_r1_540.gif
    "Great men are not peacemakers, Great men are conquerors!" - Captain Archer"
    "When diplomacy fails, there's only one alternative - violence. Force must be applied without apology. It's the Starfleet way." - Captain Janeway
    #Support Mirror Universe I.S.S. Prefixes
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    They do give the normal Jem'Hadar to us for free. Bottom line is if the pack is not worth it to you, don't buy it. Or wait until black Friday for a sale.
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    If you can play as a jem for free simply ignore the one with latinum coated pointy bits that noone will really care that you're playing as.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User

I hardly have any EC on STO, and i don't care. money is not a driving issue for me, it never was. one can have fun playing the game without billions of EC and one doesn't need to disrespect others because they took the time to do what you didn't, that is hardly their fault.

you don't need to buy the 100 quid version when a 15 quid version exists. put your toe in the water and find out how cold or hot it is first, it is better than cannonballing striaght in and find the water is almost at boiling point, too hot to swim in or bathe in.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    one doesn't need to disrespect others
    I've been pottering around on the Internet since its early days and it never ceases to amaze me how much gets lost in translation, when you're all supposedly speaking the same language. I made a perfectly reasonable suggestion that very rare ships should be account unlocks, or their traits should be. It's alt-friendly and would keep the old-skool players (like me, been playing STO since beta) interested. I then got a barrage of smacktalk from individuals who said things like, paraphrasing, "everyone that has the time to play STO enjoys grinding billions of EC" and other sundry nuggets of insulting non-wisdom from the resident forum elitists.

Let's call a spade a spade and agree to disagree that being met with hostility and condescension breeds more of the same. Some of the replies posted where needlessly antagonistic straight off the bat. If someone's immediate response to someone else's post, that doesn't insult them personally in any way, is to verbally smack that poster in the teeth, they deserve all the "disrespect" they get.
  • Options
    baddmoonrizinbaddmoonrizin Member Posts: 10,350 Community Moderator
    ^ And I respectfully disagree. As I find that following the forum rules, regardless, is the only way one should conduct themselves, even in the face of perceived "insults" and "smack talk", not giving disrespect in return. If anyone has any issue to another's post, report it. Responding to a perceived slight and escalating the situation is only going to come back on you.

With that said, people, keep things civil, please. Thank you.
    GrWzQke.png
    Star Trek Online Volunteer Community Moderator and Resident She-Wolf
    Community Moderators are Unpaid Volunteers and NOT Employees of Gearbox/Cryptic
    Views and Opinions May Not Reflect the Views and Opinions of Gearbox/Cryptic
    ----> Contact Customer Support <----
    Moderation Problems/Issues? Please contact the Community Manager
    Terms of Service / Community Rules and Policies / FCT
    Want the latest information on Star Trek Online?
    Facebook / Twitter / Twitch
  • Options
    Better QOL tweaks would be things like having the autonav take you to the planet rather than within the rough neighborhood, The sector map is static so why it doesn't happen escapes me.

Leaving any space station should give the option to go directly to sector space rather than the double loading screen and docking request sandwich.

Hangar pets need beam and cannon variants so that those next to useless cannon pets can be ditched for a similar looking one with slightly more use.

Reduce the volume of dil sinks and add some meaningful ones for latinum and ec, such as shifting the cosmetics out the dil store.

Reward boxes from infinity gamble boxes should give full options rather than tied into the faction and class that opened the initial box. Also make them account bound.

Lobi rewards from the gamble boxes should be a more fixed number. Lobi was originally a compensation for sucky rewards but now due to overpricing the ships they've become very much the premium one.

Stop padding gamble boxes with useless junk and if there's cosmetics in them don't lock those behind a chance of a chance.

Some QOL for consoles.

Let us disable the auto hail so *redacted* gray doesnt appear and lie about the state of the timeline.

Stop randomly zooming the minimap in and out on map transitions.

Actually finish the job on the autofiring abilities. Whats there is good but its half baked for an ongoing process due to new abilities and consoles added to the game.

Let us bind the abilities we want to ANY button rather than the rigid red blue yellow.

Make jumping a trigger modifier so we're not left bouncing up and down when all we want to do is use a console.

Remove player interact from the start button (or make it a push and hold) so we can check out menu without staring at our feet first.

Remove the double login screen. If someone starts up STO on the PS4 they're already on the account tied to STO so they should just go straight to the character select.
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    > @baddmoonrizin said:
    > azrael605 wrote: »
    >
    > > @bernatk said:
    > > vegeta50024 wrote: »
    > >
    > > When Romulans were still new and shiny, did you need an incentive to play them? If so, what was that incentive?
    > >
    > > the incentive was the freaking Scimitar. It roflstomped everything. Everything. /Gary Oldman voice
    >
    > Not for me it wasn't, I despise that ship, wouldn't even claim it if Cryptic made it a c-store giveaway, utter garbage.
    >
    > Not even for the Admiralty card? :smirk:

Lol, ok maybe, but I'd be mad at myself.
    Or do what I did and make some insane build min-maxers don't want to be seen in the same zip code with. :p

My Reman Engineer built one to spam CSV with SINGLE cannons/turrets and mixed that with chucking gravwells to clump enemies and torp spreads.

It actually worked ok after I tweaked it a few times.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    Thought of another one.

Roll back to the old way of doing the weekly reward box where it reset on the thursday rather than 7 days after you did the mission last.
  • Options
    Or do what I did and make some insane build min-maxers don't want to be seen in the same zip code with. :p

My Reman Engineer built one to spam CSV with SINGLE cannons/turrets and mixed that with chucking gravwells to clump enemies and torp spreads.

It actually worked ok after I tweaked it a few times.

Hey... I once made a T5 Excelsior with every gas venting ability I could slap on her and she worked. The CURRENT incarnation of the Gaseous Anomaly is more fitting as it is a Malon Battlecruiser. :D