test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PC] Junior Officer Weekend!

ambassadorkael#6946 ambassadorkael Member, Administrator Posts: 2,677 Community Manager
This weekend, send your Duty Officers into the wild and they'll come back with even more rewards on PC!

https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/10896124

Comments

• Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    This is nice for any new characters to receive the free VR DOFF & many thanks to Cryptic for that.

The particle traces for a VR DOFF doesn't seem too efficient especially since it's somewhat, 3 classes, randomized on which VR DOFF one would earn, nevertheless, it is free besides the time invested.

To borrow a sentiment from another thread though dang Cryptic you all are pushing the mini-events a lot lately. What are we players to you? Foie gras.
  • Options
    vorwodavorwoda Member Posts: 695 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    nommo#5819 wrote: »
    This is nice for any new characters to receive the free VR DOFF & many thanks to Cryptic for that.

Seconded!
    The particle traces for a VR DOFF doesn't seem too efficient especially since it's somewhat, 3 classes, randomized on which VR DOFF one would earn, nevertheless, it is free besides the time invested.

The specialization within the class is random, but the class isn't. If you chose to train an Engineering cadet, you get an Engineering DOFF, etc. IIRC. Maybe that's what you meant by somewhat.
    To borrow a sentiment from another thread though dang Cryptic you all are pushing the mini-events a lot lately. What are we players to you? Foie gras.

Totally seconded! Let us breathe, for the Great Bird's sake!
  • Options
    where2r1where2r1 Member Posts: 6,054 Arc User
    It is the Star Trek Farm.

I can't wait until we get the Undine Ducks and Tribble Horses and Targ Milk Cows.
    "Spend your life doing strange things with weird people." -- UNK

“Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” -- Benjamin Franklin
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    The Reman doff will be great for my Romulan as I don't want any non Romulans on my all romulan ship
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    undedavengerundedavenger Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    I think it would be cool to have a new "Training" commendation added. Where you can get assignments to promote a white DOFF to Green, Green to Blue, Blue to purple, etc. And to train a purple to a BOFF. Could work something like the upgrade system, except you would use training manuals as upgrade materials, and the manuals you choose determine the abilities the officer gets as they advance. White doffs could be crewmen 3rd class, green could be 2nd class, blue could be 1st class, purple could be petty officer, or something like that. It adds a touch of realism to the game, and finishing the commendation could unlock the ability to purchase standard purple BOFFs at the standard Bridge officer vendors.

I think this is something to consider.
    Nothing breaks the tension better than a tankard of warnog - except maybe a good brawl...
  • Options
    vinny#6447 vinny Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    HOLY TRIBBLE bought 7(seven) yes just 7 Gamma Doff packs and now I have the T6 Conni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    justin#9822 justin Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    So this is anoying. I spend a lot of time to get more than 200 Partical Fragments and then it redeemed them all at one for one purple DOFF. Which is only 75 PF.
    That was really a waist of time...
  • Options
    nommo#5819 nommo Member Posts: 1,105 Arc User
    vinny#6447 wrote: »
    HOLY **** bought 7(seven) yes just 7 Gamma Doff packs and now I have the T6 Conni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blah blah blah if I believe you, congrats, but why does this belong under this thread? Is this just some pure Cryptic marketing ploy?
  • Options
    corwinsilvercorwinsilver Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Like so many other events, this is just another boring timesink. Why would anybody bother to do this event to get 1 DOFF when you sometimes have to scan 16 particles to get 1 fragment? What goal does this event advance for the developers, other than boredom? It doesn't keep people interested, rather the opposite.
  • Options
    robeasomrobeasom Member Posts: 1,911 Arc User
    i did this even once years ago and it took me hours to get the shards for the purple doff and I said never again. These events do little to hold my interest anymore
    NO TO ARC
    Vice Admiral Volmack ISS Thundermole
    Brigadier General Jokag IKS Gorkan
    Centurion Kares RRW Tomalak
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 903 Arc User
    robeasom wrote: »
    i did this even once years ago and it took me hours to get the shards for the purple doff and I said never again. These events do little to hold my interest anymore
    In that case the RNG must really have hated you. On average it takes me about 30 minutes to get the shards for purple doff.
    There is an odd comfort in knowing that there's someone out there that the RNG hates more than it does me.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    We still appreciate you T'ress.

fiRwFJe.jpg
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    We still appreciate you T'ress.

fiRwFJe.jpg
    *holds up glowstick*
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg