test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

if you have not been to the new DS9... HOLY COW

vetteguy904vetteguy904 Member Posts: 3,857 Arc User
Went to tribble to see it. it's amazing. looks a bit cramped. don't know wht it will look like with a hundred toons on it, but wow
Spock.jpg

Comments

• Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    Aye, it's cramped but at least you won't have an endless chorus of rapid-fire whooshes making this interior damn near unbearable...
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    psiameesepsiameese Member Posts: 1,646 Arc User
    It's certainly a contrast to the spacious ESD (which I always did like) and wide open spaces of Drozana. DS9 feels right to me.
    (/\) Exploring Star Trek Online Since July 2008 (/\)
  • Options
    szimszim Member Posts: 2,503 Arc User
    The Voyager interior looked pretty small as well. And we even had phaser fights in there, something that we're not likely to see on new DS9. Missions like "Boldly They Rode" will continue to use the old DS9 map in the future. They tested it on the new map but couldn't make it work. The short distances meant that you would aggro half the station as soon as you entered the hatch.

I don't mind that DS9 looks a little bit cramped. The map is incredibly detailed and as true to show as possible. They did a fantastic job.
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    DS9 has always been a bit cramped anyway. the station holds a few thousand people at most and a lot of them come to the promenade ring which is quite small. imagine this all day every day except at nights. no fresh air, it is all recycled from other gasses. and because of its self contained nature like that rotating tin can in space from another series, you are more or less on a first name basis with everyone who are permanent to the station.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    and because of its self contained nature like that rotating tin can in space from another series

At least Babylon 5 had elbow room, what with being a 5 mile long space station and all.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    angrytargangrytarg Member Posts: 11,001 Arc User
    Cows are pretty pig-15.gif​​
    lFC4bt2.gif
    ^ Memory Alpha.org is not canon. It's a open wiki with arbitrary rules. Only what can be cited from an episode is. ^
    "No. Men do not roar. Women roar. Then they hurl heavy objects... and claw at you." -Worf, son of Mogh
    "A filthy, mangy beast, but in its bony breast beat the heart of a warrior" - "faithful" (...) "but ever-ready to follow the call of the wild." - Martok, about a Targ
    "That pig smelled horrid. A sweet-sour, extremely pungent odor. I showered and showered, and it took me a week to get rid of it!" - Robert Justman, appreciating Emmy-Lou
  • Options
    isthisscienceisthisscience Member Posts: 863 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    Missions like "Boldly They Rode" will continue to use the old DS9 map in the future. They tested it on the new map but couldn't make it work. The short distances meant that you would aggro half the station as soon as you entered the hatch.

I hope they eventually find a way to do it once they finish Ops. It can't be a carbon copy as they would have been able to solve the problems otherwise, but maybe by toning back the combat or stretching it through a corridor system towards the promenade it might work.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    rattler2 wrote: »
    and because of its self contained nature like that rotating tin can in space from another series

At least Babylon 5 had elbow room, what with being a 5 mile long space station and all.

With water and land mass on the interior lining :)
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    I'm not blown away by the interior revamp for three reasons
    1. I had high expectations
    2. Current DS9 isn't bad
    3. Never really cared for the DS9 atmosphere in the show that much

With that said, it looks super awesome! :love:
  • Options
    locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    WeepyHealthyElephant-max-1mb.gif

I will come to Quark's, and believe me, I will have fun.
  • Options
    tacofangstacofangs Member Posts: 2,951 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2018
    Thanks Vetteguy et al!
    Glad you like it.
    I'm not blown away by the interior revamp for three reasons
    1. I had high expectations
    2. Current DS9 isn't bad
    3. Never really cared for the DS9 atmosphere in the show that much

With that said, it looks super awesome! :love:

ee37e0d3a42e39061e95038e87d2a52a.jpg
    Only YOU can prevent forum fires!
    19843299196_235e44bcf6_o.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,020 Community Moderator
    Our Forum Overlord strikes again!
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    szim wrote: »
    The Voyager interior looked pretty small as well. And we even had phaser fights in there, something that we're not likely to see on new DS9. Missions like "Boldly They Rode" will continue to use the old DS9 map in the future. They tested it on the new map but couldn't make it work. The short distances meant that you would aggro half the station as soon as you entered the hatch.

I don't mind that DS9 looks a little bit cramped. The map is incredibly detailed and as true to show as possible. They did a fantastic job.

I don't see how aggro'n half the station is a problem. More targets for the bat'leth right away.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Old news since it's been up and running for a while in Tribble but...

Best Ever and Players do LOVE it...finally a true statement! tiger-2.gif​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    lopequillopequil Member Posts: 1,226 Arc User
    What’s the Forge Contact for? There are two and one of them is still Kurland.
    Q9BWcdD.png