test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Most fun weeks/weekend event

Which event is the most fun to play?

Most fun weeks/weekend event 54 votes

Arena of Sompek
38%
nightkenikonn#1068ukboy2duncanidaho11thestargazequesteriusarliekkosseriousdavepeterconnorfirstthunderfoot#5163sistericrelicthiefjaguarskxpostagepaidszimdjf021locutusofcactustm706storuleswideningxgyre 21 votes
Crystalline Cataclysm
29%
coldnapalmlegendarylycan#5411garaks31pottsey5gzarato4218sheldonlcooperkodachikunokyle223catjtoney3448scrooge69bmoviequeensisko09jamieblanchardnommo#5819darmokkatlantis#9395 16 votes
Elachi Alert
0%
Mirror Invasion
11%
random909lordsteve1iamynaughtneos472voyagerwaskingkaithan1975 6 votes
Unto the Breach
3%
reyan01imperialists 2 votes
Other
16%
mirrorchaoskjwashingtonbloodyrizrattler2seaofsorrowstunebreakercrashdragonsalazarrazekiller1986chris 9 votes

Comments

• r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    Arena of Sompek
    Never had a chance to do Crystalline Cataclysm yet, so its not the fairest vote from me.

That being said, the Arena is what I enjoy most and is probably what got me interested into refining my ground PVE builds and actually do ground PVE queues. Its fast, exciting and ruthless without the vertigo of insane dogfights that sometimes go on for too long.

Vertigo :sweat:
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    Arena of Sompek
    Crystalline Cataclysm is the same as the queued pve mission. It's the best for rewards because its short but it isn't the most fun imo.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    Other
    Shuttle event. DUH.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • lordsteve1lordsteve1 Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User
    Mirror Invasion
    Mirror invasion.
    I know people whine about the rewards, the timegating, the fact that no mater how well you do nothing gives you better rewards blah, blah, blah....
    But...
    I wanna occasionally just fly my ship like i'm in a DS9 battle, flying through explosions and shooting down hordes of spam Terran Empire ships with my ship. Sometimes i just wanna be in an action film where i'm at no risk of death but i can still destroy the whole enemy fleet.
    SulMatuul.png
  • peterconnorfirstpeterconnorfirst Member Posts: 6,225 Arc User
    Arena of Sompek
    I pick sompek
    Fun gameplay and fun (acc wide) rewardstructure.
    animated.gif
    Looking for a fun PvE fleet? Join us at Omega Combat Division today.
    felisean wrote: »
    teamwork to reach a goal is awesome and highly appreciated
  • killer1986chriskiller1986chris Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    Other
    Shuttle event. DUH.

• seriousdaveseriousdave Member Posts: 2,777 Arc User
    Arena of Sompek
    Sompek is pretty much how it's done right. Player activity gets rewarded properly and you don't have to grind till your fingers bleed untill you get the end reward which is rather painfull for certain timegated events.
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I am not trying to disrespect peoples votes but I find it hard to believe that people have chosen Mirror Invasion.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Other
    Sumer Event
    Winter event
    Anniversary event
    Halloween event
    Shuttle event
    Double xp event
    Omega Event

so many you forgot about that i was tempted to not vote at all and strictly speaking "other" could mean anything as far as a vote is concerned, so it isn't technically a vote at all.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Arena of Sompek
    Double XP isnt something I'd class as an event as it doesn't add anything to the gameplay for the duration of the event.

For weekends sompek easily holds top spot, elachi should just get a regular RA spot.

MI does get tedious due to other players going AFK but for the long time events it is better than the breach, especially now the reward isn't per character.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Other
    Double XP isnt something I'd class as an event as it doesn't add anything to the gameplay for the duration of the event.

For weekends sompek easily holds top spot, elachi should just get a regular RA spot.

MI does get tedious due to other players going AFK but for the long time events it is better than the breach, especially now the reward isn't per character.

an event is something that just happens, the double xp weekend falls into that.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • iamynaughtiamynaught Member Posts: 1,285 Arc User
    Mirror Invasion
    No Kobyashi Maru either? Yeah, not a very complete list of events.

I have to go with the Mirror Event. Blowing ships up, overwhelming odds, it's a fun mission. UNTIL you get the AFK'ers. And that it's 14 days long. The mission itself is the most fun for me, but the 14 day slog I do NOT enjoy in the least.

Sompek is kinda meh, I get bored with it after about round 10.

Kobyashi Maru is just a bad mission, probably the one event I hate the most.

The Elachi alert is fun enough, but not great. No real rewards outside of the choice of marks though.

The Shuttle event is pretty fun, a lot better than I thought it would be.

Crystalline Cataclysm is probably the easiest event, which is why we haven't seen it for a long time. Not all that fun, but it's okay.

Unto the Breach is fun the first time but it gets old quick. Another 14 day slog.

All the other stuff, the Anniversary, Summer and Winter events, I enjoy parts of them.
    Hello. My name is iamynaught and I am an altaholic.

Losing faith in humanity, one person at a time.
  • storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Arena of Sompek
    Sompek is the best one from that list. I wish they could do the 14 day event rather than just one weekend.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,008 Community Moderator
    Other
    I vote Shuttle Event. Shuttles are pretty neglected right now, and honestly I like being able to fly something small and blast Star Fox music. B)
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • nikephorusnikephorus Member Posts: 2,744 Arc User
    At this point I'm not a huge fan of any of the weekend events.
    Tza0PEl.png
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Other
    rattler2 wrote: »
    I vote Shuttle Event. Shuttles are pretty neglected right now, and honestly I like being able to fly something small and blast Star Fox music. B)

I'm glad you agree. Shuttle event is great because the experience is genuinely different from everyday gameplay. Plus it's fun when everyone uses Romulan hyperplasma torps and they just spam everywhere.
    Post edited by salazarraze on
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
    Arena of Sompek
    Sumer Event
    Winter event
    Anniversary event
    Halloween event
    Shuttle event
    Double xp event
    Omega Event

so many you forgot about that i was tempted to not vote at all and strictly speaking "other" could mean anything as far as a vote is concerned, so it isn't technically a vote at all.

This is my bad. I didn't specify that I meant events that have a specific queued mission associated with them. I almost put the shuttle event as an option because it does have queued missions but ultimately didn't because it doesn't have a singular mission. While the anniversary events have had a singular mission, its not the same one repeated each time.
  • smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    Crystalline Cataclysm, which is pathetic in my eyes. I know this isn't likely to be a popular opinion, but I, personally, don't accept that something that can be completed in around thirty seconds even meets the criteria for being "fun". The only real challenge in this joke of an 'event' is seeing if you can even get a shot at the entity before it dies. Hell, it might as well just commit suicide instead. The epitome of something for nothing.

I would love to see this one be fixed up, where the crystal is actually difficult to fight, especially since they are able to slurp the life of entire worlds.

dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • jaguarskxjaguarskx Member Posts: 5,945 Arc User
    Arena of Sompek
    I would have to say Arena of Sompek since you have a choice of doing "5 and Die", the 20 minute timed version, or unlimited.

I had a pretty busy weekend and did not really have the time to enjoy the Arena event so I basically played it once on my LTS account and once on my F2P account. Getting home Saturday night I was really, really exhausted. Played the 20 minute version of it on my LTS account.

Then switched to my F2P account... at this point I was ready to go to bed. I don't know how much time has passed 'cuz I was not really paying attention. If an enemy was in my way it got shot. At one point I decided to look at what round it was... Round 33. Worse... there was no timer. I basically "slept walked" though the event until round 74.
  • alcyoneserenealcyoneserene Member Posts: 2,412 Arc User
    Summer event back when it had 24h day/night cycles. Good memories from a time now permanently gone.
    Y945Yzx.jpg
    Devs: Provide the option to Turn OFF full screen flashes from enemy ship explosions
    · ♥ · ◦.¸¸. ◦'¯`·. (Ɏ) V A N U _ S O V E R E I G N T Y (Ɏ) .·´¯'◦.¸¸. ◦ · ♡ ·
    «» \▼/ T E R R A N ¦ R E P U B L I C \▼/ «»
    ﴾﴿ ₪ṩ ||| N A N I T E S Y S T E M S : B L A C K | O P S ||| ₪ṩ ﴾﴿
  • avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,196 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Summer event back when it had 24h day/night cycles. Good memories from a time now permanently gone.
    The day and night cycle was one of the things I enjoyed immensely about the the summer event on Risa, it was a joy to see colours of the sun going down. I wish they would've at least set it to permanent sunset as day time is quite boring to look at.

• seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Other
    I voted 'other' despite the fact that I really don't like any of them.

I really can't stand Mirror Invasion and Sompek though. Mirror just drags on way too long and Sompek just bores me.

If I had to pick from that list, it would be Crystaline Event. At least it's not a horrid grind like Mirror.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • tunebreakertunebreaker Member Posts: 1,222 Arc User
    Other
    Kobayashi Maru has its own serious flaws, but at least it managed to get me to log in again, so it gets my vote.
    Arena of Sompek
    According to whenever the Elachi alert runs, its the "Fan Favorite". Also, yeah I missed adding the Kobayashi Maru event.
  • kjwashingtonkjwashington Member Posts: 2,529 Arc User
    Other
    I'm voting "other" for the shuttle event.
    FaW%20meme_zpsbkzfjonz.jpg
    Support 90 degree arc limitation on BFaW! Save our ships from looking like flying disco balls of dumb!