Comments

• Options
    thlaylierahthlaylierah Member Posts: 2,984 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Event is not working.
    there is no Reputation project to slot?
    Mission rewarded no Voucher?

Worked second time through.
    (After making me wait for the mission cool down thanks cryptic)
    No Reputation project, just collect 3 vouchers.
    Post edited by thlaylierah on
  • Options
    virusdancervirusdancer Member Posts: 18,687 Arc User
    pottsey5g wrote: »
    Is there any chance we can have the “original no-win scenario” added back into the game? Now that was fun, required team work and was well designed. Some of the most fun I had in STO was pre plans teams in that one. I still have no idea why your first removed that excellent mission from the game which most people loved and much later replaced it with this version which is not only rubbish but at times very irritating.

Wasn't it from embarrassment? The DPS-League folks at the time had it on farm status and were wiping the floor with it. I believe the comments were along the lines of folks believing the folks at Cryptic did not understand how the DPS folks were doing it. So they pulled it. A suicidal freighter would appear to be the solution they eventually came up with, eh? Course, my memory is foggy - but I swear it was cause of the farm status of something...oh yeah, folks were running people through NWS to get their accolades/etc. It had become a joke with the sheer amount of powercreep that was quickly added to the game back then.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    reyan01 wrote: »
    paddy#3322 wrote: »
    KOBAYASHI MARU EVENT: The only time a disabled vehicle will flee from the tow truck and drive headlong into oncoming traffic.

This. So. Much. This.
    Well the scenario in canon is infamous for cheating to make it "no win" we just didn't know it was that blatant about it.
  • Options
    ikonn#1068 ikonn Member Posts: 1,449 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I guess we can blame Kirk for that...

Both of them!
    -AoP- Warrior's Blood (KDF Armada) / -AoP- Qu' raD qulbo'Degh / -AoP- Project Phoenix
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,263 Arc User
    I guess we can blame Kirk for that...

Both of them!

well the program cheated even before Kirk took the test, that's why he cheated back after all ;).
  • Options
    djf021djf021 Member Posts: 1,379 Arc User
    I discovered this morning I can only get one voucher per ACCOUNT, instead of per character. I was very disappointed, because I had missed a couple previous weekend events and was really looking forward to running this on three characters to catch up.

That said, it's pretty cool the new console makes a set with the beam array, which I DID get. Any reason why the dual heavy cannons are not included?
    C4117709-1498929112732780large.jpg

Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference.
    -Captain James T. Kirk
  • Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Hoping that future rewards will offer different energy types of the prolonged weapon
  • Options
    markhawkmanmarkhawkman Member Posts: 35,231 Arc User
    Is there any chance we can have the “original no-win scenario” added back into the game? Now that was fun, required team work and was well designed. Some of the most fun I had in STO was pre plans teams in that one. I still have no idea why your first removed that excellent mission from the game which most people loved and much later replaced it with this version which is not only rubbish but at times very irritating.
    Wasn't it from embarrassment? The DPS-League folks at the time had it on farm status and were wiping the floor with it. I believe the comments were along the lines of folks believing the folks at Cryptic did not understand how the DPS folks were doing it. So they pulled it. A suicidal freighter would appear to be the solution they eventually came up with, eh? Course, my memory is foggy - but I swear it was cause of the farm status of something...oh yeah, folks were running people through NWS to get their accolades/etc. It had become a joke with the sheer amount of powercreep that was quickly added to the game back then.
    Not convinced that can be the case; if PvE being 'too easy' was of any concern to the devs, CCA would be long gone. Seriously - they may as well just give us the reward for simply queuing for it. I can't recall the last time that I was in an instance of CCA that lasted more than 30 seconds - and this is content that is, laugably, classed as 'Advanced' :D

So sad really, when you consider the fact that there was a time (the original version) when the Entity was one of the game's greatest challenges.
    That was in large part because most people who thought they knew how to kill it were wrong. Also certain abilities that would be key to making it relatively easy were stupidly hard to get back then due to how badly the boff training system worked.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
    Costume_marhawkman_Tsin%27xing_CC_Comic_Page_Blue_488916968.jpg
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    djf021 wrote: »
    I discovered this morning I can only get one voucher per ACCOUNT, instead of per character. I was very disappointed, because I had missed a couple previous weekend events and was really looking forward to running this on three characters to catch up.

That said, it's pretty cool the new console makes a set with the beam array, which I DID get. Any reason why the dual heavy cannons are not included?

According to the calendar there's an Arena of Sompek event next weekend so there may be another opportunity for more weekend vouchers soon enough.
  • Options
    fftt wrote: »

According to the calendar there's an Arena of Sompek event next weekend so there may be another opportunity for more weekend vouchers soon enough.
    Those are merit of Sompek?
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Why does Lt Whetu in the Kobayashi Maru PvE have an Australian accent if she is from New Zealand?

Would you prefer bad aussie or bad kiwi?
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    The current Kobyashi event can be a no win scenario. Pugged it last night, got in there with four players who know nothing but pew pew. Enemy appears, they all streak off to engage, leaving the Maru all alone, except for me. I'm not a high DPSer and my only real healing is the protomatter thing. So, while all my teammates have shot off in one direction to engage the first enemy group to become visible, I stick with the Maru as it of course shoots off in the other direction towards the other enemy group(s). I'm the only one there, by the time I managed to kill all the ships around the Maru, she had gotten down to 25%, luckily my protomatter field took care of her.
    Second wave, again all four of my team mates streak off after the first visible enemy groups, again, the Maru goes the other way right into other enemy groups. This time I can't kill them fast enough, my protomatter field is still on cool down and my team mates are all half way across the sector from where the Maru is getting pounded. Yep, we didn't even make it past the second round.

No problem says I, thirty minute cool down and that voucher is in my inventory. Imagine my horror when it pops and all but one of the players in there are the exact same ones from the earlier, failed PUG. I quickly type into the the team chat "Hey guys, let's stay semi close to the Maru so we can heal her if needed"..no response at all. First round, the three players from the previous pug again streak off across the map, the other stays with me, close to the Maru. Enemy defeated, Maru is down to 98%.
    Second round, repeat. This time the one player sticking with the Maru along with me gets side tracked fighting a group of enemy ships, the Maru does her usual suicide run. Enemy dies, Maru gets down to @ 25% again, I pop my protomatter field, just as the Maru gets to @95% the other plays arrives....and fires his protomatter field.....sigh
    Third round, the only two players trying to keep Maru alive are on healing cool down. We didn't make it past the third round.

Thirty minute cool down, I get in Fleet chat and five of us go in untimed. Round 12.

The current Kobyashi Maru is a no win scenario if you end up in a PUG with the wrong people.
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    ffttfftt Member Posts: 715 Arc User
    fftt wrote: »

Those are merit of Sompek?
    Unsure at this point actually. The calendar lists the rewards as weekend vouchers and it *is* scheduled over a weekend. However when it comes to the calendar I take everything I read with a grain of salt and am not disappointed if anything/everything changes at the last minute.
  • Options
    terrybunce313terrybunce313 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    Really starting to loose it with the dumb TRIBBLE "lone wolves" in this PVE, they just don't stay close to the Kobayashi Maru and let it die before three rounds! Gah!
    The Doomsday machines AOE Damage is bugged as well, because the arc of it's blast is now affecting a 360 degree radius, instead of the cone in front and is a pain when it randomly appears per session, destroying my fully upgraded Enterprise J in one go?
    The Kobayashi Maru is always on a suicide run heading straight for trouble and blowing up too easily.
    Oh and having to wait 30 mins to re-attempt because of a lacklustre team?
    Every round I say " Please stay near the ship!" But I guess ignorance is bliss no?
  • Options
    arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
    Really starting to loose it with the dumb **** "lone wolves" in this PVE, they just don't stay close to the Kobayashi Maru and let it die before three rounds! Gah!
    The Doomsday machines AOE Damage is bugged as well, because the arc of it's blast is now affecting a 360 degree radius, instead of the cone in front and is a pain when it randomly appears per session, destroying my fully upgraded Enterprise J in one go?
    The Kobayashi Maru is always on a suicide run heading straight for trouble and blowing up too easily.
    Oh and having to wait 30 mins to re-attempt because of a lacklustre team?
    Every round I say " Please stay near the ship!" But I guess ignorance is bliss no?

Ignorance can be fixed. you can't fix stu&^%
    LTS and loving it.
    Ariotex.png
  • Options
    Most runs I have no idea what killed the KM simply because it just keels over dead. It's like 50, 25, 10, in a matter of 1 or 2 seconds. I sometimes suspect that bioneurals were involved, but I honestly have no idea how much damage those even do. This is hilarious when you consider that the KM has 476K HP. What the heck is blowing through 250K HP in a second? On several occasions I've suspected warp core breaches, and I have no idea IF there's any way to stop that from killing it.

The sim as-is has to much going on for me to care if I fail. And there are a lot of situations where i really have to question IF it's possible to win at all. Many of these involve the fact that NPC ships instantly aggro onto the KM unless engaged by a player before they get into firing range. For certain factions(such as Romulans) this means they will fire off barrages of heavy weapons fire before I have a chance to do anything.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    My character Tsin'xing
  • Options
    Ever notice how the few times the maru actually isn't moving is when its found a death cloud to or a clump of those daft vaaaaaaaaadwaaaaaar artillery bubble things to sit in.
  • Options
    tigerariestigeraries Member Posts: 3,492 Arc User

Not convinced that can be the case; if PvE being 'too easy' was of any concern to the devs, CCA would be long gone. Seriously - they may as well just give us the reward for simply queuing for it. I can't recall the last time that I was in an instance of CCA that lasted more than 30 seconds - and this is content that is, laugably, classed as 'Advanced' :D

So sad really, when you consider the fact that there was a time (the original version) when the Entity was one of the game's greatest challenges.

When was the last time they ran the CCA for an event? It's been over a year I think. They probably retired that event.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,664 Arc User
    got to stage 6, Borg can be nasty.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg