test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Where are all the Ground Patrols?

wraithcallwraithcall Member Posts: 8 Arc User
Since long before the sector space re-works the "Tau Sector Block Patrol" was one of the definitive grinding routes in all of STO, and the route still works to this day. However, just about every time I personally map the entire list of systems with interesting patrols the whole thing changes. Now, after spending two days exploring the current state of the galaxy I can't seem to find a single patrol.

With the new level caps coming up and (my) perpetual space-poorness, I'm starting to suspect that these space patrols won't be viable on Elite for anyone but the whales as mob scaling continues to grow out of control. Really, I do like ground combat, and want a place to do it other than just in warzones.

Where I'm at with the game right now is that I'm done. I quit space combat.

I just want some ground stuff to do that I can do without forking over hundreds of dollars on all this P2W carp.

The only thing keeping me in STO was the ground combat that I can literally no longer find.

Comments

• wraithcallwraithcall Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    It appears you TLDR'd a post that wasn't long enough to TLDR. I was debating not responding to you at all as a result.
    I have no idea why you think you have to P2W to play ground patrols.

I said space was P2W and I'm space poor.

The fact that I can still ground is what I explicitly said was the only thing this game had left going for me.
    In our fleet we operate a vast number of tailored missions from the foundry,

The foundry does not help me since I explicitly stated that I am looking for a grinding route. Foundry drops have been nerfed to near non-existance (or at least, the last time I wasted my time in one I reached the daily drop hard-cap in about 10 kills).
    Here is a list of our patrol routes, some of which contain ground maps.
    This document is subject to change without notice.

This copy-paste came out way to fast to be accurate. I'm going to look into it (IE: the literal one place that you mention that specifically conforms to my explicitly requested conditions), but I'm willing to bet that a lot of the info is wrong since the survey I took of the whole galaxy three ducking weeks ago has been rendered entirely irrelevant by game changes.

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Where are these space patrols that require a top tier level of gear and spec?

The "hardest" patrols I can think of are some of the delta ones but even those can be done with the standard mk12 setup unless you're of the mindset that everything has to die within x amount of time after combat starts.

Also kind of curious why you'd be after ground only as the main reason I can think of for doing a patrol grind is to level ships for traits and you can't do that on ground maps.
  • seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
    Where are these space patrols that require a top tier level of gear and spec?

That's what I was wondering as well.

There is absolutely nothing in this game that requires top tier gear to accomplish. Yes, some things like Elite Queues will be much harder without the top of the line gear, but things like Patrol Missions require nothing that can't be easily had in game.

I would suggest this to the OP.. if you haven't completely given up on space combat, maybe you will consider letting some of us help you with your space load out and see if we can make things a bit more fun for you? If you're having problems with the space combat, it's probably not even your fault. The game has certain things that it just flat out doesn't explain to you, but if you're looking to improve your space combat performance, we can help you with that.

STO's ground combat is ok, but the best part of the game is the space combat. Once you get comfortable with it, it will really help you get maximum enjoyment out of the game. Whatever problem you're having, I would be willing to bet we can help you fix it without spending a dime.
    Insert witty signature line here.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    OP can recall you posed the same question about ground patrols in zone chat yesterday. I doubt you're doing poorly as you're running the space patrols on elite.

Thanks @mattjohnsonva for posting such a comprehensive list. Much appreciated. Ground combat is a nice change from space combat. Variety.

Off topic but of course this game is "P2W" of sorts even though there's really nothing to win. It's either time and grind, money, or a combination of these. The latter helps keep the servers on, the former keeps those stats looking good.

• postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 2,899 Arc User
    Trying to avoid the P2W bait as that can very easily derail a thread but in a game with little to no PVP the only win conditions are set out by the individual themselves.
  • protoneousprotoneous Member Posts: 2,950 Arc User
    Trying to avoid the P2W bait as that can very easily derail a thread but in a game with little to no PVP the only win conditions are set out by the individual themselves.
    What you win (discounting PvP) is increased stats and performance. Was not meant to be bait as the term was used by the OP. You should re-read my post.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Rofl at the p2w comments. I can and do get everything I want in this game, whether lockbox, lobi, or c-store without spending one penny for it. Its not even hard.
    You're not your average player though. If everybody did this how would they keep the lights on?
  • byozuma#0956 byozuma Member Posts: 502 Arc User
    Pay to win is defined as being able to obtain a numerical advantage over normal players with the expenditure of money. Such a thing doesn't exist here in the degree you think it does. Yes, you can make purchases that can ease your experience with the game but it's just as easy to do that without even touching a lockbox or trading dilithium. A free T5 can easily go toe-to-toe with anything the game throws at it if fitted intelligently. And conversely a C-Store T6 flown poorly will get exploded more often than not. Money can't buy you love.

As for the actual subject... I don't much like the ground game, it's just so clunky.
    oldracesbanner.jpg
  • no one even answered the original question of this post, what are all the ground patrol systems.
  • echattyechatty Member Posts: 5,913 Arc User
    @darkbladejk

We have a necro.
    Now a LTS and loving it.
    Just because you spend money on this game, it does not entitle you to be a jerk if things don't go your way.
    I have come to the conclusion that I have a memory like Etch-A-Sketch. I shake my head and forget everything. :D
  • darkbladejkdarkbladejk Member Posts: 3,698 Community Moderator
    away with ye necromancy
    "Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." - Jean Luc Picard in Star Trek Generations

Star Trek Online volunteer Community Moderator
This discussion has been closed.