test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What the..... I HATE borg!

roswell51roswell51 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
I have a big problem, I'm facing the borg and I hate these borg because it eats all our energy and my health. I'm tired of having serious trouble, I'd like to know what is the biggest weakness to the band of cursed Borg who drain too much of our shield, thank you.

Comments

• Options
    ihatepwe735ihatepwe735 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    Many questions are raised about your build and where you are in the game.

The most pragmatic solution to the problem is to simply recommend that you do the simple thing: Level to 50, get a T6 ship of some kind, and equip it with Very Rare Mk XII items (or better). There are no mobs in the game - Borg included - that are a problem for reasonably equipped end game ships.

Well - your difficulty level is set to "Normal" and not "Advanced" or "Elite" right?

That said - if you are trying to make a budget ship build thats viable against the Borg - the simplest observation is that you spend a lot of time effectively without shields while fighting the Borg - So, your hull is taking all the damage. This makes engineering rather good for dealing with Borg: Cruisers have high hull so they can take a beating. Engineering BOFFs have skills that can heal hulls and Engineering Captains have traits that boost hull resistance to damage, buff hull healing and have skills that apply huge hull repairs.

• Options
    edited April 2018
    I'm sorry, this is not about my spaceship, I did not have a problem with my T5 ship before getting a T6 because I made a sacred Tactician DPS version, the worst it is. is that it costs Zen, I do not like to pay ridiculous Zen, frankly, it's supposed to put some free ship in the T6 when I became admiral. The main thing I'm talking about is talking about the ground and not the spaceship, because these damn borgs do not stop being "adapted" every time I shoot on them and it eats all our energy and health. It's real ANYTHING! I want to know which the real borg's weakness ! >:(

And I didn't not touch my difficulty. I'm alway on normal. I wonder what does it mean "BOFF" ?
  • Options
    br3akingforcebr3akingforce Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    for ground, you can replicate a Frequency Remodulator from your ship's replicator (inventory, "replicator" button at the bottom). when they adapt to your current damage, remodulate and you can get more shots before they adapt again. also, make sure you equip your boffs with remodulators as well. alternatively, use weapons that bypasses shields entirely (<3 my TR-116B Sniper Rifle )

"BOFF" is short for "Bridge OFFicer." just like "DOFF" is short for "Duty OFFicer."
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    for ground, you can replicate a Frequency Remodulator from your ship's replicator (inventory, "replicator" button at the bottom). when they adapt to your current damage, remodulate and you can get more shots before they adapt again. also, make sure you equip your boffs with remodulators as well. alternatively, use weapons that bypasses shields entirely (<3 my TR-116B Sniper Rifle )

"BOFF" is short for "Bridge OFFicer." just like "DOFF" is short for "Duty OFFicer."

I do not have a TR-116B Riffle to avenge these damn borg!

And don't know what is the purpose for "BOFF" and "DOFF"?
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    The TR-116B can be found on the exchange, as can Melee weapons that also can't be adapted to.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    thunderfoot#5163 thunderfoot Member Posts: 4,540 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    The Borg ground troops can adapt to the various energy types available to players in the game. A Frequency remodulator reduces this ability some but does not counter it completely.

Borg Drones of all types are vulnerable to kinetic damage. Which means Melee weapons. They cannot counter physical damage done by a sword, bat'leth, or lirpa. They also react badly to mortar rounds or Orbital Strikes or anything which has any type of kinetic damage as part of its effects.

The make up and Abilities of your Away Team also have an effect on your capabilties against Borg Drones on the ground. I normally use the following combination: two TACS, two ENG, one SCI. My character fits into this mix wherever he needs to and I fill up the rest of the slots accordingly. My tactical officers are direct fire/assault. My engineers are support/indirect fire. My science officer is split evenly as I can between healing and space magic AOE attacks.

It is frustrating to suddenly be unable to accomplish tasks which in the previous storyline episode or STF you handled with ease. This game can stop being enjoyable in a big hurry whenever this occurs. Not knowing anything more about how you fight or are equipped or what procedures you use in a ground firefight, I cannot offer advice more specific than this. But I sincerely hope this helps you out.
    A six year old boy and his starship. Living the dream.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    If this game suddenly stops being enjoyable because of the accursed borg, the team should stop putting the borg too strong or too suitable for any type of damage except kinetics. I do not like the borg for good all I want is to rest a defense party to the borg since it overflows too much resistance. I do not have the physical weapons like the weapons of bet'leth, I only have Romulan weapons or purple rarity, XI now XII.

I hate the borg for life, they are cellars, stupid, lazy, slow as a fat useless warrior who seek to fully resist weapons except for kinetics and just inject the virus into the body of the victim at neck level like a vampire but in another way ie using his fist near the neck makes these funny tubes come out, sting in the neck of the victim and injects the virus just to become borg or make unconscious for a short time. it's decay and I hate the borg way so much. It destroys every life of every species. It is the only most hated race in the world.
    Post edited by roswell51 on
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Also, give each of your away team a different energy type along with the refrequencer. And your 2 weapons, if not a melee/physical weapon, should be different types too. Have a phaser and a disruptor, for example. Then when they adapt, you can switch guns and get a few more shots before using the refrequencer.

if you or your team has an engineer, mines are great too. place them then move back. borg will go boom.
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    i have one engineer called Cheb I don't know if she have this skill can explode on borgs lol
  • Options
    theraven2378theraven2378 Member Posts: 5,987 Arc User
    The Borg are fun to fight, away team armed with TR-116b and the Shotgun. Bye bye Borg drones
    NMXb2ph.png
      "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      -Lord Commander Solar Macharius
    • Options
      arionisaarionisa Member Posts: 1,421 Arc User
      Some good advice above. When fighting borg make sure that each member of your away team has a remodulator and a different energy type. Each hit from a particular energy type brings the borg closer to adapting to it. If you, and all your away team are all using plasma for example, the borg will adapt seemingly instantly and you will spend more time remodulating than firing. Already mentioned, the Borg can not adapt to TR-116Bs, available from the exchange. However those are likely well outside the price range of a new player.

Bat'leth, Lirpas and whatever the dang sword is called (my senile old brain can't remember right now) can also be used and are easily and cheaply aquired. Equip everyone with those and watch the swashbuckling action unfold.
      LTS and loving it.
      Ariotex.png
    • Options
      edited April 2018
      They're about 600k on the exchange ATM for the TR-116
      NMXb2ph.png
        "The meaning of victory is not to merely defeat your enemy but to destroy him, to completely eradicate him from living memory, to leave no remnant of his endeavours, to crush utterly his achievement and remove from all record his every trace of existence. From that defeat no enemy can ever recover. That is the meaning of victory."
      • Options
        Although it has been quite some time ago, I remember having a single toon and playing the game (not the exchange). 600K is a lot of money for a new player unless they focus on making EC right from the start. Most new players are probably the same as I was. They found a "new" game that looks fun, they jump in and start playing and only after they start having real difficulties do they use Google or the Forums looking for tips. As I had never played the exchange, my first toon (just before DR) was level 50 and had never had more than a max of about 200K EC at any given time.
        LTS and loving it.
        Ariotex.png
      • Options
        With things like admiralty, you can make a fair amount of EC fairly quick
        NMXb2ph.png
        • Options

Thanks for help I but where to but this Weapon called "TR-116B sniper Rifle" ?
        • Options
          seaofsorrowsseaofsorrows Member Posts: 10,918 Arc User
          edited April 2018
          roswell51 wrote: »

Thanks for help I but where to but this Weapon called "TR-116B sniper Rifle" ?

On the Exchange.

Type in TR-116B and hit search. There are usually plenty of them, a Mark XII Purple (the cheapest one) will do just fine.
          Insert witty signature line here.
        • Options
          arionisa wrote: »
          Although it has been quite some time ago, I remember having a single toon and playing the game (not the exchange). 600K is a lot of money for a new player unless they focus on making EC right from the start. Most new players are probably the same as I was. They found a "new" game that looks fun, they jump in and start playing and only after they start having real difficulties do they use Google or the Forums looking for tips. As I had never played the exchange, my first toon (just before DR) was level 50 and had never had more than a max of about 200K EC at any given time.

I'm new player and I'm now lvl 50 passed almost lvl 60 (maxed) I saw on facebook they will raise level very soon to level 65. What you said the price is too high for a new player, I will have to save a lot of EC, the problem is that it is very long before reaching several thousand EC. Why do not people put a good price like this because of our money limit!?
        • Options
          600k is cheap compared to what they used to be at
          NMXb2ph.png
          • Options
            edited April 2018

I'm new player and I'm now lvl 50 passed almost lvl 60 (maxed) I saw on facebook they will raise level very soon to level 65. What you said the price is too high for a new player, I will have to save a lot of EC, the problem is that it is very long before reaching several thousand EC. Why do not people put a good price like this because of our money limit!?

What's your in game character name@handle?

I have one you can have, I'll send it to you.
            Post edited by seaofsorrows on
          • Options

People price things on the exchange to make money, not to be generous. Everything in the exchange is priced as high as people are willing to pay. It's not a STO thing, every MMO with something resembling the exchange is the same way. Luckily STO also has a large number of very nice and generous people like seaofsorrows who are happy to help beginning players.

Also, join a good Fleet. Fleet mates tend to be generous and helpful.

LTS and loving it.
            Ariotex.png
          • Options

My character is Roswell@Roswell5151. So thanks for the new :D
          • Options
            edited April 2018
            azrael605 wrote: »
            > @roswell51 said:
            > br3akingforce wrote: »
            >
            > for ground, you can replicate a Frequency Remodulator from your ship's replicator (inventory, "replicator" button at the bottom). when they adapt to your current damage, remodulate and you can get more shots before they adapt again. also, make sure you equip your boffs with remodulators as well. alternatively, use weapons that bypasses shields entirely (<3 my TR-116B Sniper Rifle )
            >
            > "BOFF" is short for "Bridge OFFicer." just like "DOFF" is short for "Duty OFFicer."
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > I do not have a TR-116B Riffle to avenge these damn borg!
            >
            > And don't know what is the purpose for "BOFF" and "DOFF"?

How can you play the game without knowing what Boffs are? I think your trolling frankly.

Do not be evil, it's because I do not know the weakness point of the Borg. This is the only race I hate the most in the world because of adaptation.

People price things on the exchange to make money, not to be generous. Everything in the exchange is priced as high as people are willing to pay. It's not a STO thing, every MMO with something resembling the exchange is the same way. Luckily STO also has a large number of very nice and generous people like seaofsorrows who are happy to help beginning players.

I noticed that a lot of people are very kind to other players it's very interesting to learn that, it happened to me when I'm with 2 players who are super nice with me, he helps us but difficult mode instead of the normal. off it's going to hurt a lot and we're crying easily because of the leader. Today I start to need help at the moment if I'm ever bored with the powerful enemy like the Borg.
          • Options
            andreasn2andreasn2 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
            > @roswell51 said:
            > br3akingforce wrote: »
            >
            > for ground, you can replicate a Frequency Remodulator from your ship's replicator (inventory, "replicator" button at the bottom). when they adapt to your current damage, remodulate and you can get more shots before they adapt again. also, make sure you equip your boffs with remodulators as well. alternatively, use weapons that bypasses shields entirely (<3 my TR-116B Sniper Rifle )
            >
            > "BOFF" is short for "Bridge OFFicer." just like "DOFF" is short for "Duty OFFicer."
            >
            >
            >
            >
            > I do not have a TR-116B Riffle to avenge these damn borg!
            >
            > And don't know what is the purpose for "BOFF" and "DOFF"?

How can you play the game without knowing what Boffs are? I think your trolling frankly.

Do not be evil, it's because I do not know the weakness point of the Borg. This is the only race I hate the most in the world because of adaptation.

I noticed that a lot of people are very kind to other players it's very interesting to learn that, it happened to me when I'm with 2 players who are super nice with me, he helps us but difficult mode instead of the normal. off it's going to hurt a lot and we're crying easily because of the leader. Today I start to need help at the moment if I'm ever bored with the powerful enemy like the Borg.

Not to be rude, but if you can't kill simple borgs, then you're doing something wrong in your builds, you probably should look up builds online, and i could also help you with stuff whenever i'm on if you really would want me to, not all the time, but sometimes.
          • Options

My character is Roswell@Roswell5151. So thanks for the new :D

Not sure what's going on with this game.. I can compose the email and attach the item, but when I hit send it seems to send the mail but the rifle is still in my inventory.

I won't be on much today, but I'll try and send you a message next time I am on and maybe I can just come find you and give it to you. Not sure why it's not working.
          • Options
            Calling me evil because I do not believe you can make it through the first tutorial mission without learning what Boffs are? Yep troll posting confirmed. It is by the way impossible to get through the tutorial without learning what Boffs are, much less to get to level 50. So spout off this impossible tale of woe, troll.

Unnecessary.

Just because someone doesn't know the forum 'lingo' for Bridge Officer vs. Duty Officer doesn't make them a troll. We were all new once, lets try not to be overly hostile for no reason.

@roswell51 I am assuming you're non US, so not sure what times you are on. I am US but work nights and I can login using my laptop. I'll look for you later today/tonight and see if I can find you online and give you the rifle since for some reason it won't let me mail it to you.

Just use that on your captain, and give the rest of your bridge officers frequency remodulators (you can find them in your replicator) and you should be good to go.
          • Options
            andreasn2 wrote: »
            Not to be rude, but if you can't kill simple borgs, then you're doing something wrong in your builds, you probably should look up builds online, and i could also help you with stuff whenever i'm on if you really would want me to, not all the time, but sometimes.

Well I just need help to kill those stupid borgs. Everyone can explain about the borgs have weakness is kinetic, so I don't have yet -_-

And yes I need your help.

• Options

Unnecessary.

Just because someone doesn't know the forum 'lingo' for Bridge Officer vs. Duty Officer doesn't make them a troll. We were all new once, lets try not to be overly hostile for no reason.

@roswell51 I am assuming you're non US, so not sure what times you are on. I am US but work nights and I can login using my laptop. I'll look for you later today/tonight and see if I can find you online and give you the rifle since for some reason it won't let me mail it to you.

Just use that on your captain, and give the rest of your bridge officers frequency remodulators (you can find them in your replicator) and you should be good to go.

It's Roswell@Roswell5151! do you see two "51" it's me, I'm sorry, on ps4 it's roswell5151 not on pc. ^^ My server are on US because the game are not in french language :(
          • Options
            edited April 2018

Today it's cost a million EC instead of 600k it's annoying. -_-

Holy cr**, I post 3 times instead of one. sorry for posting 3 time before you.