test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Comments

• Options
    andreasn2andreasn2 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Some info on some of the planets shown on the map

-Kurili is the supposed homeworld of the Vorta.

-Teplan is a world that the Dominion used a artificial plague to infect the entire populace in retaliation for them resisting The Dominion. Said plauge was cured by Bashir.

-Callinon is a Dominion controlled world that house an unmanned subspace relay station that the Karemma were instructed to use when they needed to ask something of The Dominion.

-Yadera is the homeworld of a people that seemingly had advanced holographic technology, some of which left after the Dominion's take over due to the Dominion changing the way people could live on the world.

-Gaia is a world encased in a quantum energy barrier that caused temporal displacement. The crew of the Defiant colonized this world in an alternate timeline after crashing there, a timeline which was later undone.

-Idran is OFC the closest system near the Gamma Quadrant terminus of the wormhole.

-Stakaron is a planet of a species that the Ferengi negotiated a deal with in order to get access to their miszinite ore.

-Kar-Telos is a system with a rather large asteroid belt that the Defiant passed through at one point.

-New Yadera is a system settled by a man who left the original Yadera, and set up a rather large holographic community for himself.

-New Bajor was a colony founded by the Bajoran in the Gamma quadrant that was destroyed by the Dominion, but latter resettled after the war was over.

-Rakhar is a system ruled by an oppressive government, who puts people to death for speaking out against them.

-Ennis is a world in which two factions, the Ennis and Nol-Ennis, fight a never ending war with each other that is kept going by molecular technology that can heal wounds and resurrect the dead. Kai Opaka, who had died and was resurrected on the world, and thus, unable to leave, has been attempting to bring peace between the two factions.

-Torad is a planet that was studied for botanical reasons, it was during this study that Kieko was injured, necessitating that her unborn son be transferred to Kira to carry the child to term to save its life.

well i will be damned, someone has done their research :P Dude you're awesome, i recently rewatched DS9 and not even i could remember all of this
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    I was just thinking about something. Ennis sounds a lot like the world from Planetside 2. A neverending war.

But that is some good research. I wonder if there will be anything to come involving these locations...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member Posts: 58,040 Community Moderator
    Well... that is true of many locations in Alpha, Beta, and Delta...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    lordgyorlordgyor Member Posts: 2,820 Arc User
    Comparing the two maps I'm surprised that it doesn't have Wadi for example.
  • Options
    spiritbornspiritborn Member Posts: 4,266 Arc User
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if this map is WIP version and more systems will be added later, also while STO devs like to use Star charts maps as reference they're not bound by those maps so the STO map might not have systems that are on the Star Charts maps.
  • Options
    > @somtaawkhar said:
    > lordgyor wrote: »
    >
    > Comparing the two maps I'm surprised that it doesn't have Wadi for example.
    >
    >
    >
    > This is the galaxy map view, which never has all, or even most, of the systems marked on it

Yeah, but Wadi is fairly important. Perhaps its not finished.
  • Options
    avoozuulavoozuul Member Posts: 3,197 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I knew it was going to be around the size Alpha quadrant used to be before it was updated.
    Post edited by avoozuul on
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Someone on Reddit pointed this out today

EDbqZvi.png

To compare it to the Star Trek Star Charts maps

y8vSOMe.jpg

This is all i see, no map at all. someone want to put up a link from another location?
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    This is all i see, no map at all. someone want to put up a link from another location?
    2018 and people still don't know how to use the internet.

Right click and view image.

Alternatively

https://i.imgur.com/EDbqZvi.png

https://i.imgur.com/y8vSOMe.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/6vGRmDe.png

it's not about using the internet, don't be so dense, please.
    My firefox has outright refused to show anything from Imgur because it is a security risk. i can't overwrite this protocol and i have looked evrywhere for it.

also those links show as an insecure connection so it won't go any further.
  • Options
    storulesstorules Member Posts: 3,253 Arc User
    Thank you for sharing somtaawkhar. Can't wait to check it out in tribble later on.​​
    tumblr_ncbngkt24X1ry46hlo1_400.gif
  • Options
    My firefox has outright refused to show anything from Imgur because it is a security risk.
    I use firefox, and am right now, and have never had that happen.

it happens all the time for me, a lot of sites i can't access no matter what.

as for the dense comment is concerned, it has a wide range but i meant it as obscure rather than as any of the intellectual insults. it still isn't clear though because i am just as much puzzled by this.
  • Options
    I hope they add important planets like Wadi later, especially if we ever get Wadi boffs or captains.
  • Options
    marty123#3757 marty123 Member Posts: 670 Arc User
    > @andreasn2 said:
    > somtaawkhar wrote: »
    >
    > Some info on some of the planets shown on the map
    >
    > -Kurili is the supposed homeworld of the Vorta.
    >
    > -Teplan is a world that the Dominion used a artificial plague to infect the entire populace in retaliation for them resisting The Dominion. Said plauge was cured by Bashir.
    >
    > -Callinon is a Dominion controlled world that house an unmanned subspace relay station that the Karemma were instructed to use when they needed to ask something of The Dominion.
    >
    > -Yadera is the homeworld of a people that seemingly had advanced holographic technology, some of which left after the Dominion's take over due to the Dominion changing the way people could live on the world.
    >
    > -Gaia is a world encased in a quantum energy barrier that caused temporal displacement. The crew of the Defiant colonized this world in an alternate timeline after crashing there, a timeline which was later undone.
    >
    > -Idran is OFC the closest system near the Gamma Quadrant terminus of the wormhole.
    >
    > -Stakaron is a planet of a species that the Ferengi negotiated a deal with in order to get access to their miszinite ore.
    >
    > -Kar-Telos is a system with a rather large asteroid belt that the Defiant passed through at one point.
    >
    > -New Yadera is a system settled by a man who left the original Yadera, and set up a rather large holographic community for himself.
    >
    > -New Bajor was a colony founded by the Bajoran in the Gamma quadrant that was destroyed by the Dominion, but latter resettled after the war was over.
    >
    > -Rakhar is a system ruled by an oppressive government, who puts people to death for speaking out against them.
    >
    > -Ennis is a world in which two factions, the Ennis and Nol-Ennis, fight a never ending war with each other that is kept going by molecular technology that can heal wounds and resurrect the dead. Kai Opaka, who had died and was resurrected on the world, and thus, unable to leave, has been attempting to bring peace between the two factions.
    >
    > -Torad is a planet that was studied for botanical reasons, it was during this study that Kieko was injured, necessitating that her unborn son be transferred to Kira to carry the child to term to save its life.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > well i will be damned, someone has done their research :P Dude you're awesome, i recently rewatched DS9 and not even i could remember all of this

I didn’t even remember some of those
  • Options
    tyler002tyler002 Member Posts: 1,586 Arc User
    lordgyor wrote: »
    I hope they add important planets like Wadi later, especially if we ever get Wadi boffs or captains.

I don't expect a race as insignificant as the Wadi to get much attention, much less Boffs or Captains.
    tumblr_p7auh1JPC61qfr6udo4_500.gif
  • Options
    flash525flash525 Member Posts: 5,441 Arc User
    Who cares about the Wadi? Surely everyone wants a Red & White Dosi?
    attachment.php?attachmentid=42556&d=1518094222
  • Options
    I like the Wadi and their Jumungi style games, the Wadi know how to party.
  • Options
    > @tyler002 said:
    > lordgyor wrote: »
    >
    > I hope they add important planets like Wadi later, especially if we ever get Wadi boffs or captains.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't expect a race as insignificant as the Wadi to get much attention, much less Boffs or Captains.

This game has playable Pakleds, Wadi are not that insignificant.
  • Options
    i have looked around a bit and located the map from a link not on imgur, Rakah on one end in the bottom left and Gavana on the top right and the wormhole is just above New Bajor and next to Idran along the low left part of the map.

looks like a good sized sector of space to travel in, more than the DQ anyway. can't wait to see how it all connects.