test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I want Odo as my security officer

Can we make it so?

Comments

• stobot#7771 stobot Member Posts: 62 Arc User
    That probably isn't going to happen...but you can make this in the character creator:

https://imgur.com/a/dlQi1
  • redeyedravenredeyedraven Member Posts: 1,297 Arc User
    Can we make it so?

Meh. Odo is very different from an actual chief of security.

He's an amazing investigator/detective kind of guy and doesn't really do this anymore in the first place. He literally went home to do some soul-searching and tell the fluids about how not all solids are hostile threats that need to be enslaved or terminated.
  • mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Can we make it so?

Meh. Odo is very different from an actual chief of security.

He's an amazing investigator/detective kind of guy and doesn't really do this anymore in the first place. He literally went home to do some soul-searching and tell the fluids about how not all solids are hostile threats that need to be enslaved or terminated.

All Odo proved is that he is like anyone else, that he is as compilcated and hypocritical as anyone else and just because he is a liquid based lifeform doesn't make him superior or inferior to anyone. He better than anyone knows the limits of what is acceptable or not, and being with his own people he will have had a foot in both worlds, so he would ironically be the most valued changling within the Dominion.

Remember though: When Odo started his job as station security under Cardassian rule he allowed the execution of a few Bajorans without getting all the facts together and he knew he made a horrible mistake that day, so he better than anyone knows what it's like being a murderer. in the end he sacrificed himself, his relationship with Kira and his life in exchange for peace with the major factions that were involved in that war.
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    Having Odo on my Orion's ship wouldn't be a good thing. I have a trade business to run after all.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.
  • salazarrazesalazarraze Member Posts: 3,794 Arc User
    That probably isn't going to happen...but you can make this in the character creator:

He wants Odo. Not whatever that picture is supposed to be.
    When you see "TRIBBLE" in my posts, it's because I manually typed "TRIBBLE" and censored myself.
  • locutusofcactuslocutusofcactus Member Posts: 651 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »
    Having Odo on my Orion's ship wouldn't be a good thing. I have a trade business to run after all.

Your Orion is a nice guy...

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Actually, I thought that costume was really good.

• duncanidaho11duncanidaho11 Member Posts: 7,867 Arc User
    edited April 2018

The best he can hope for is a STLV convention boff, Cryptic won't make a canon character like Odo generally accessible to the player base (see. Geordi.) Unless the OP has plans to go this year for the chance that Odo's given away (and we have no reason to believe right now that he will), he'll just have to make do.
    Bipedal mammal and senior Foundry author.
    Notable missions: Apex [AEI], Gemini [SSF], Trident [AEI], Evolution's Smile [SSF], Transcendence
    Looking for something new to play? I've started building Foundry missions again in visual novel form!
  • nimbullnimbull Member Posts: 1,564 Arc User
    nimbull wrote: »

Your Orion is a nice guy...

giphy.gif

I like my profits. I like Odo. I like keeping those separate.
    Green people don't have to be.... little.