test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dead at spawn Ground portion of The New Link

trokkartrokkar Member Posts: 6 Arc User
Map does not load and it starts me dead. Can't progress. The New Link Mission. Also when I submit a ticket it does not appear in open tickets.

Comments

• Options
    bobs1111bobs1111 Member Posts: 471 Arc User
    Can confirm New Link is all kinds of broken. Ground portion is unplayable. Only option is to abort mission.
  • Options
    matthewdante#2467 matthewdante Member Posts: 1 New User
    Will this be fixed? I have the same bug
  • Options
    blunttomtomblunttomtom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Confimed, there is no ground definded in the mission. You will fall into nowhere and die (while still falling).
  • Options
    amehdionamehdion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Confirmed, same exact issue happening to me as well. Beam to surface, ground doesn't load in and character falls into oblivion dying to 50+k fall damage, repeats when I respawn. Eventually through respawn magic will not die and land somewhere under the map and am able to beam back to ship. Dropping and picking up the mission again has no effect, nor does leaving to sector space and choosing to continue the mission. Was able to submit a ticket (though did not show up in the "my tickets" menu same as OP), got an email response from a GM named Iora:

"I understand that you've encountered an issue when running the mission, The New Link. We're sorry for any frustration this may have caused and we can confirm that the developers are aware of the issue and are investigating it further. At this time time we can't say when it will be fixed and we encourage you to keep an eye on our website and official game forums for updates."

So it seems the devs are at least aware of the issue and hopefully will be fixed soon. Just sucks this is effectively a game breaking bug, as it prevents progressing the mission past this point.
  • Options
    sloemoe74sloemoe74 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Same problem here. Thanks for posting they are working on the problem.
  • Options
    admrenlarreckadmrenlarreck Member Posts: 2,041 Arc User
    This showed up in the known issues of the patch notes in the last two weeks. They recommend skipping the mission for now.
    fayhers_starfleet.jpg

Fleet leader Nova Elite

Fleet Leader House of Nova elite
    @ren_larreck
  • Options
    bughunter357bughunter357 Member Posts: 587 Arc User
    trokkar wrote: »
    Map does not load and it starts me dead. Can't progress. The New Link Mission. Also when I submit a ticket it does not appear in open tickets.

I am actually falling thru the map and dying and not able to progress was thinking of restarting the mission but if others are having issues that won't fix mine.
  • Options
    amehdionamehdion Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    UPDATE: I tried this mission again today on a Federation allied Romulan character and it seems to be working now. After beaming down the map loaded properly, and was able to progress through the mission without problems. Good luck.