test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

More Kelvin stuff!

lexusk19lexusk19 Member Posts: 1,408 Arc User
Pretty please? The Star Trek Beyond Connie refit and the 1701-A? Maybe a fleshed out bridge? Make a new FE with the A in it? Kelvin is a thousand times better then TRIBBLE...
1e3sni150tar.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,115 Community Moderator
    Eh... I think I'd rather see the USS Kelvin herself and the Klingon "Warbird" rather than the Ent-A from Beyond...
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    rattler2 wrote: »
    Eh... I think I'd rather see the USS Kelvin herself and the Klingon "Warbird" rather than the Ent-A from Beyond...
    Would also go for that as well. More is better.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Only the first 2 Kelvin Timelines films are covered under the current deal Cryptic has. Beyond had not even been released at the time the deal was made.

A new deal can always be made :)
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    rattler2rattler2 Member, Star Trek Online Moderator Posts: 58,115 Community Moderator
    Well... might not need one if the talk about viacom and CBS merging comes true. All of Star Terk will again be under one umbrella.
    db80k0m-89201ed8-eadb-45d3-830f-bb2f0d4c0fe7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2ExOGQ4ZWM2LTUyZjQtNDdiMS05YTI1LTVlYmZkYmJkOGM3N1wvZGI4MGswbS04OTIwMWVkOC1lYWRiLTQ1ZDMtODMwZi1iYjJmMGQ0YzBmZTcucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.8G-Pg35Qi8qxiKLjAofaKRH6fmNH3qAAEI628gW0eXc
    I can't take it anymore! Could everyone just chill out for two seconds before something CRAZY happens again?!
    The nut who actually ground out many packs. The resident forum voice of reason (I HAZ FORUM REP! YAY!)
  • Options
    Well... might not need one if the talk about viacom and CBS merging comes true. All of Star Terk will again be under one umbrella.

I really hope it does go through... Would make Trek so much better going forward.
    1e3sni150tar.jpg
  • Options
    Not to mention allow for more Kelvin stuff in STO and other games.
  • Options
    smokebaileysmokebailey Member Posts: 4,667 Arc User
    Not to mention allow for more Kelvin stuff in STO and other games.

And for the infantile tug of war to finally end.
    dvZq2Aj.jpg
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,865 Arc User
    I haven't watched most of the Kelvin movies yet.

Except for the first one, and a fragment from another one where Nimoy meets Scotty and his funny little friend. Scotty talks about Archer's dog there and the scene finishes with Nimoy saying his Vulcan greeting. That was after he had passed away and it was the first fragment of him I had seen in a long time after that sad event so I had to fight back against the tears.

Anyway, more Kelvin stuff sounds good. Apparently there is quite some stuff remaining that we don't have yet; I've read somewhere that there are over 50 new species, including Keenser's species which would be fun to have.

Even just as Boffs.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    evilmark444evilmark444 Member Posts: 6,950 Arc User
    Nimoy meeting Scotty was in the first one :)
    Lifetime Subscriber since Beta
    eaY7Xxu.png
  • Options
    fleetcaptain5#1134 fleetcaptain5 Member Posts: 4,865 Arc User
    Really?

You may be right. It has been years since I last saw that first movie.
    [4:46] [Combat {self}] Your Haymaker deals 23337 (9049) Physical Damage(Critical) to Spawnmother

[3/25 10:41][Combat (Self)]Your Haymaker deals 26187 (10692) Physical Damage(Critical) to Orinoco.
  • Options
    dracounguisdracounguis Member Posts: 5,358 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I was hating the KT stuff when it came out, I don't mind it now because...
    1. I've now redirected my disgust/hatred to the TRIBBLE abomination. >:)
    2. It's been almost 10 years since it came out so it's now 'classic'? :D
    3. I own the ships and they are pretty good in-game. ;)

So yeah, give me a new ship skin for my Konnie like you did for the T6 Connie. B)
  • Options
    mirrorchaosmirrorchaos Member Posts: 9,844 Arc User
    Oh poor Artan42... heh-hehehe.

I wonder if there will be a KT Excelsior.. :smiley:
    T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW.
    Been around since Dec 2010 on STO and bought LTS in Apr 2013 for STO.
  • Options
    lupusofnoxnoctislupusofnoxnoctis Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    I'd love to see a Kelvin Timeline Ground set. They have the KT Phaser Rifle, and I have the KT Pistol as well. Now I just need shields, and body armor and I'd be completely Kelvin'd up! I fly the Heavy Command Cruiser with all Kelvin weapons, and I have the entire KT console set (4 pieces!!). My crew is dressed in the KT uniforms, but we are all using rep sets. So a Kelvin set would be awesome.
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Simply put NO as this game is modeled after StarFleet Command which is based in Gene Roddenberry's /I would rather see more SFB material in the game.NO more Kelvin of JJ it is not doing so well.

That is why this game is deing as it is not sticking to the core of Star Trek which is not JJ .The old clans and Fleet are gone like the one I am in on 4 to 5 online out of 200.

There needs to be better KDF shps like a K-D5 light Cruser.I would more on the KDF and Roms.The Jem Hadar are coming anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    artan42artan42 Member Posts: 10,450 Bug Hunter

@mirrorchaos

There appears to be. Though thankfully it seems to be an Armstrong type and not a KT version of the abdominal E*******r Class.

Bottom left.
    excelsior-stid-screen.jpg

USS Excelsior
    stxi-concept-chart.jpg

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the Kelvin era ships from the KT films in STO (Kelvin, Newton, Mayflower, and Armstrong) and the Franklin as well.
    The Kelvin era ships are really a nice bridge between the more utilitarian ENT Era ships and the more fanciful DSC era ships.​​
    22762792376_ac7c992b7c_o.png
    Norway and Yeager dammit... I still want my Typhoon and Jupiter though.
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...The Federation. Starfleet. We're not a military agency.' Scotty: Beyond
    'I'm not a soldier anymore. I'm an engineer.' Miles O'Brien: Empok Nor
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • Options
    thay8472thay8472 Member Posts: 6,105 Arc User
    artan42 wrote: »

@mirrorchaos

There appears to be. Though thankfully it seems to be an Armstrong type and not a KT version of the abdominal E*******r Class.

Bottom left.
    excelsior-stid-screen.jpg

USS Excelsior
    stxi-concept-chart.jpg

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing the Kelvin era ships from the KT films in STO (Kelvin, Newton, Mayflower, and Armstrong) and the Franklin as well.
    The Kelvin era ships are really a nice bridge between the more utilitarian ENT Era ships and the more fanciful DSC era ships.​​

Why is that ship red? Did they run out of paint?
    2gdi5w4mrudm.png
    Typhoon Class please!
  • Options
    The Mayflower, a Miranda with rounded warp nacelles <3..
    sorry, distracted for a moment.

i do agree with you Artan, there are good ships that can be brought to this game.

• Options
    thay8472 wrote: »

Could be a Vulcan ship. Could be Pakled contractors. Could be they wanted to try something different. Could be a different hull material like the bronze hull of the Crossfield.

Also, the hulls are already grey, if anything they have too much paint spare.​​
    JJ Trek The Kelvin Timeline is just Trek and it's fully canon... get over it. But I still prefer TAR.

#TASforSTO

'...I can tell you that we're not in the military and that we intend no harm to the whales.' Kirk: The Voyage Home
    'Starfleet is not a military organisation. Its purpose is exploration.' Picard: Peak Performance
    'This is clearly a military operation. Is that what we are now? Because I thought we were explorers!' Scotty: Into Darkness
    '...Starfleet could use you... It's a peacekeeping and humanitarian armada...' Admiral Pike: Star Trek

• Options
    edited April 2018
    artan42 wrote: »
    thay8472 wrote: »

Could be a Vulcan ship. Could be Pakled contractors. Could be they wanted to try something different. Could be a different hull material like the bronze hull of the Crossfield.

Also, the hulls are already grey, if anything they have too much paint spare.​​

haha, Pakled contractors building a Starfleet ship to exceptional standards! I hope the Vulcans had a part in building the KT USS Excelsior, it most certainly looks to their type of standards, a harsh dark brown hull and dull orange lights.
  • Options
    age03age03 Member Posts: 1,664 Arc User

i do agree with you Artan, there are good ships that can be brought to this game.

Lol.They aren't even Star Trek as i said KDF needs more attention as lot of them are gone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Age StarTrek-Gamers Administrator
    USS WARRIOR NCC 1720 Commanding Officer
    Star Trek Gamers
  • Options
    age03 wrote: »
    Lol.They aren't even Star Trek...

Hahahahaha. Pillock.
    azrael605 wrote: »
    Back in those days Vulcans ran ships with all Vulcan crews that had human names. Perhaps this Excelsior is such a vessel, built on Vulcan, and like USS Intrepid has an all Vulcan crew with an incongruous human derived name.

Without the sarcasm of my first post, yest that's my personal assumption as to the hull colour.​​

#TASforSTO

• Options
    khan5000khan5000 Member Posts: 3,007 Arc User
    Yes please
    Your pain runs deep.
    Let us explore it... together. Each man hides a secret pain. It must be exposed and reckoned with. It must be dragged from the darkness and forced into the light. Share your pain. Share your pain with me... and gain strength from the sharing.