test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Extremmly slow file patching when zoning?

hundrikhundrik Member Posts: 1 Arc User
Starting early this morning I
started getting longer loading times while zoning. It started doing it once in awhile now it is all the time. Broken! Anyone else having patching problems while zoning?

Comments

• Options
    omegaharley#0931 omegaharley Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Trying to play KDF missions and the load times are making the game unplayable, started when I tried to visit my starship bridge on Bird-of-Prey but now it's pretty much every time I try to leave the ship. Some load times lasting well over 20 minutes. This started happening last night.
  • Options
    vraxxtorvraxxtor Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Same here!! Not only slow, it just hangs!
  • Options
    ironrhino#5964 ironrhino Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    having the same problem as well load hangs up at 91.65 and stops .
  • Options
    omegaharley#0931 omegaharley Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Is this only KDF for everyone?
  • Options
    vegadoom#3106 vegadoom Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Patching hangs!
  • Options
    kharnus#9554 kharnus Member Posts: 1 New User
    I'm actually trapped on DS9. Each time I log in the screen freezes with a patch timer at the top that never loads all the way.
  • Options
    ddbrownddbrown Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Having the same issue. Game will launch . I can choose my toon but will not patch to continue and play
  • Options
    paradoxeveparadoxeve Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Happening as well for me. Started late last night, by trying to do the mission Frozen, it would start to load and then stop around 40%, but the game wouldn't freeze, it just wouldn't patch in. I log out, and back into the same character, but it won't let me sign into that character.

I then force verify, which then allows me to load the character, but if I try going into the mission again (I did try a different mission too with the same results), it stops patching at the exact same spot.
  • Options
    sacdragonsacdragon Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    Glad to see I am not the only one who is having this issue. And it is not just KDF. I have the same problem on my Fed toons as well. 20 minutes or more, before it loads any map, be it mission, starship bridge, or social area.
  • Options
    seannewboyseannewboy Member Posts: 667 Arc User
    try restarting game with on demand patching off.
    New home of the Romulan Republic.
    I have an idea for what Season 11 should be; Season 11: The Big Bug Fix.
    I have not been able to read my bug tickets in over a year, not even the tickets about not being able to see my tickets.
    I find the drama of your signature proof of your immaturity, this means you, DR whiners.
  • Options
    angarus1angarus1 Member Posts: 684 Arc User
    seannewboy wrote: »

This worked for me when I tried it this morning. :)
  • Options
    r0m#7631 r0m Member Posts: 134 Arc User
    angarus1 wrote: »
    seannewboy wrote: »

This worked for me when I tried it this morning. :)

I did that, but still stuck at 40.25 % while its trying to patch 9 files. Something's not right. Happened on two of my KDF toons so far.
  • Options
    inventiniinventini Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Im change proxy and now working
  • Options
    doxyl#1828 doxyl Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    My gameplay is fine except for a random loading-screen issue.

Sometimes (not always), when I'm going into another zone, the loading screen will begin but it will be stuck with "Patching # files... 0 bytes/s" at the top. The game remains responsive and hasn't hanged, but it doesn't do anything either.

I tried leaving it on the loading screen overnight but when I woke up several hours later it was still stuck on the loading screen with the same 0 bytes/s message.

> @seannewboy said:
    > try restarting game with on demand patching off.

I can confirm this worked for me! No more hanged loading screens when zoning